Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Ashcroft Announces New Album

Options
  • 07-06-2010 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

http://www.nme.com/news/richard-ashcroft/51382
    Forthcoming new album - which is being released under the name United Nations Of Sound.

The eponymoous album will be released on July 19 and was recorded in Los Angeles, New York and London by producer No ID, who has worked previously with Jay-Z.

Other musicians featured include guitarist Steve Wyreman, bassist Paul 'DW' Wright and drummer Derrick Wright.

Watch exclusive rehearsal footage of Ashcroft and co on the right now.

The tracklisting of 'United Nations Of Sound' is:

'Are You Ready?'
    'Born Again'
    'America'
    'This Thing Called Life'
    'Beatitudes'
    'Good Loving'
    'How Deep Is Your Man'
    'She Brings Me The Music'
    'Royal Highness'
    'Glory'
    'Life Can Be So Beautiful'
    'Let My Soul Rest'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭AlmostFamous

I like Richard Ashcroft as an artist. So, this new album of his intrigues me.
    Himself and The Verve were brilliant but I think he is past his best. I will still give his album a listen before I judge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Just bumping this after I got the new album. So far it's brilliant. Really enjoying it especially This Thing Called Life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Dont think I can give ashcroft another chace his solo stuff so far has been incredibly dull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Brilliant stuff, he's so full of energy and verve throughout the album (pardon the pun)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭LittleLiam

God, how the mighty have fallen. I think this is by far the worst of his solo efforts so far. Couple of decent tracks but on the whole it's very forced and lyrically appalling.

Shame, as parts of Forth were really quite promising.

• Advertisement
Advertisement