Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First of Summer Wine & Old Park gig

• 07-06-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭

Didnt get to old park one as I was at one in Tramore night before. Tramore was very good, Ska room especially, it could have been better attended, dont get me wrong there was a good amount and mix of people there, mostly music fans, race goers and a few parents pushing prams around. A couple hundred more would have upped the atmosphere that lil bit i feel.

Did hear a few people complain that the race goers basically got in for half price as that is where main stage was and security on other rooms disappeared after a while.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

I was out at FOTSW in Tramore Saturday night. I just went for the Ska stage and there was a huge crowd in the place. Dublin band the Bionic Rats were good and then Special Brew were fantastic as they always are when they come to Waterford. Was disappointed Neville Staple only performed for 4 songs as he was the main reason I went.

With a bit better organisiation as regards tickets, this could be a hugely successful event each year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

The gig in the old park was well organised and it's a great venue but it was very poorly attended. The Pale were excellent as was Pauline Black, she eventually got everyone dancing at the end.
    One thing that annoyed me and nearly everyone there was the pounding sh*te dance music they blared between the bands, it didn't suit the day at all, any kind of Summery music like Reggae would have done instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Bluezar wrote: »
    I was out at FOTSW in Tramore Saturday night. I just went for the Ska stage and there was a huge crowd in the place. Dublin band the Bionic Rats were good and then Special Brew were fantastic as they always are when they come to Waterford. Was disappointed Neville Staple only performed for 4 songs as he was the main reason I went.

With a bit better organisiation as regards tickets, this could be a hugely successful event each year!

neville staple came back on again later with the dj

Advertisement