Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking Help

Options
  • 07-06-2010 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi Everyone,
    I`ve been looking through some of the other threads for some help and guidance on some banking issues, but I think I have confused my self more and I am asking for some expert guidance.

I have moved from the north and I am living in dublin and banking with the bank of ireland.
    At the moment the only item coming from my bank is my mobile broadband direct debit. And since I have moved down to Dublin ( 11 months) I have missed a couple of payments of bills up north.
    I am looking to get a small loan for a car as public transport is making working life a nitemare.

What is my credit rating stance here in dublin?
    Is my credit rating different here than up north? If so then in what way?

With a couple of missed payments up north will it affect me if I go to the bank of ireland to get a loan here?

What is the best way to build up my credit rating ? ( All my bills are included in my rent)

I am very confused at the moment so any help would be fabulous

Regards
    Will78

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

There is no sharing of credit information between the uk and ireland.

Assuming your account is in good order and you meet all the other obvious critera (working, etc), you can apply for a loan. But as your account is realtively new and you have no credit history the bank may request six months recent statements from your previous bank account, and if these show missed payments this obviously will not bode well for you.

In ireland you will basically have no credit history (unless you have previously applied for loans here).
    To build up a rating you first maintain a good bank account, no missed payments, wages mandated etc, then if the bank approve you for a loan/credit card it will be based on your realtionship with them as opposed to the icb. All repayments to this loan will be recorded with the icb, thus building up your credit rating & history.
    Everybody has to start out with no credit history, you cant just build it up overnight, its a working relationship between you and your bank.

Advertisement