Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarot v's Angel Cards

Options
  • 07-06-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Recently I've been pondering the similiarities & difference between these & was wondering what over views there are?

As I understand it

Tarot can predict the future to a greater or lesser amount of detail
    Angel cards do not assert to do this but claim to give guidance that the individual may need at a particular time.

I do think though that angel cards are somehow more acceptable to people & I wonder why?

For me, well I can read both & I must say I don't really have a preference,maybe a slight leaning to the angel cards as if someone if very upset they can be easier to use.

Has anyone had a marvellous experience with one & a bad experience with the other or is anyone drawn to one much more than the other

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭stepdoyle

i'd go with tarot or even playing cards before angel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I have just finished doing a course on reading the tarot cards, and found it so much more beneficial to the angel cards. To me, angel cards are more about guidance, whereas the tarot can highlight potential problems, for instance, in a relationship, however can also highlight the positive aspects too.

People sway more towards angel cards, I believe, as we were taught in school and by the church, that they were "evil", and I think, there is a lot of fear of the unknown.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Tarot gets a lot of bad press, because it has cards called Death, the Devil, and of course, a hanged man. They dont exactly sound pleasant, but people misunderstand how they are interpreted. Ive had people gobsmacked when you tell em that the death card can indicate a pregnancy. :)

In terms of reading them, whether you predict or not is more down to the reader and the spread, than the cards. You could use ordinary playing cards or tealeaves or anything at all to predict the future, as all you are doing is employing a tool to help. The cards just provide a framework to work within.

Angel cards dont tend to be read reversed, whereas tarot are, which can be another thing to make people feel that tarot are more negative. But as with the fortune telling, how you read them is what counts. Some readers give negative stuff, others dont.

Personally angel cards work on an emotional level (feelings you have), and tarot is more practical (events in your life).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭medeame

As i simply grew up with a gift to read Tarot cards (which i do not do for profit or on a professional level) I have found other cards, Angel, Fairy, Inner child etc are all just a tool to me.

If you are gifted psychically or lets say if you chose to tap into the psychic side we are all capable of, cards or ruins or crystal balls etc are just a way to tune in or often they are a way that people looking for readings want to see some proof of a reading lets say.
    I do not need any of the above as i can read just looking at a person, but i think people feel better seeing you concentrate on something to show them.
    My point is that they are all as good a tool as one another in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭liverpool100

Tarot Cards- Like these if i went for a reading, A lot of people can just give a reading without cards, information just flows and use cards just to make the client comfirtable as that is hat client expects to see

Angel Cards- Use them personally, Ask them an question to do with a situation and normally an appropiate message comes up to do with situation, find them very good and relaxing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Thanks all for your replies

Medeame,Oryx,Mystical Soul...have to agree with you all, the cards are a tool & I do take the point that the angel cards seem more guidance based.

I must admit I am hugely surprised by the differing reactions though.

If I happen to mention(which I don't usually) that I can read tarot cards, the usual reaction is either 'oh do you believe in that,' or 'that's dangerous occult stuff' but if I mention angel cards the reaction is usually positive.

Now I do think it's good that there is something positive around like angel cards & I have found them incredibly useful myself, I'm just fascinated by how polarised people are to tarot v's angel cards

LB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

People seem to be afraid of the tarot cards, I believe because of cards such as the devil, hanged man and death - without people fully understanding these meanings, they see it as being "evil", without knowing the full implication these cards may entail eg death meaning an end or transition for instance, as opposed to actual death.

Also, I think there are still some people out there who still believe what the Church told us (at least in my own school years, we were told it was devil's work etc). To the select few that I have told about my tarot cards, I have also explained protection to them etc, and that seems to ease their fears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

You know I think you're onto something there Mystical Soul...the implication that tarot cards are evil becuase of a few cards is certainly something I've seen.

I do like both types, they are just a tool & I think it's no bad thing to have positive messages about from the angel cards, I guess I'm just stunned by the reactions

LB

Advertisement