Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything Maiden

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Sad news indeed - R.I.P. Clive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Only just found out as I was reading this thread.

A fantastic drummer and by all accounts a really good guy as well.

Have just popped on Maiden Japan to enjoy how damn good he was live and will be following it up with the Beast Over Hammersmith live album .

RIP Clive Burr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

You've got to love Google translate. In an interview translated from Swedish, Bruce Dickinson was apparently known as the "human flight alarm". Sounds much better than the 'air raid siren' don't you think?

http://talarforum.se/artikel/talarforum/328/328/iron_maidens_sangare_om_sin_tid_som_bostadslos.html

(boring business type interview by the way but there is a mention of a possible 2014 album mentioned at the end)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

You've got to love Google translate. In an interview translated from Swedish, Bruce Dickinson was apparently known as the "human flight alarm". Sounds much better than the 'air raid siren' don't you think?

Det mänskliga flyglarmet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭S Line

I got to admit that Mr ‘arris’s ability to sell stuff tofans that we already have is sometimes annoying

SIX !!! Greatest hits compilations for example!!!

Well he got me !!!

Check out the pix attached

Had to go into the attic – I haven’t actually held a VHS inyears !!!!!

The thing is no one is forcing anyone to buy anything. Ok so they have loads of greatest hits compilations and a new live album/DVD seems to come out after every tour these days but you don't have to buy them if you don't want to.

There probably are a few who want to collect everything in every format but if they do, they probably have bigger problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭S Line

No doubt – my post was meant in a tongue in cheek fashion !!

I bought the last 8 DVD’s and thoroughly enjoyed them all

But they are too many greatest hits and live CD’s

But hey Steve Harris is a business man and if people willbuy product that he releases then more power to him !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

S Line wrote: »

But hey Steve Harris is a business man and if people willbuy product that he releases then more power to him !!

Exactly. If fans turned their noses up at the regular releases the band and record label would get the message but Maiden have a very loyal following
    and whilst they continue to buy up every new release in large numbers they'll continue to churn it out.

Maiden in particular seem to have a large contingent of collector fans who will seek out every rarity for the sole purpose of collecting it. They've driven the market for a long time. Can't blame the band for trying to satisfy the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

With an abundance of palm trees, golf courses and restaurants, the city of Boca Raton, Fla. is best known as a haven for retirees. However, if you’re, say, the son of famous heavy metal drummer, you may find life there a little taxing, and look for other ways to occupy your time – such as crime. Justin McBrain, son of Iron Maiden drummer Nicko McBrain, was picked up by the Palm Beach County Sherriff’s Office on Friday (April 26) for alleged burglary and theft.

According to Boca News Now, the 20-year old McBrain knocked on a West Boca home and, when the homeowner opened the door, pushed his way in. While the woman called the police, he grabbed some items from her purse, including a half-eaten chocolate bunny, some cosmetics, a belly ring, a freezer pack and half an orange, which he ate.

McBrain was arrested shortly thereafter and charged with burglarizing an occupied dwelling and 2nd degree petit theft. At press time, he was being held on $25,000 bond.

This is the second occurence of recent legal troubles for the McBrain family. Two weeks ago, we reported that Nicko’s wife, Rebecca, will appear before a judge in May as a result of an incident in February. She is alleged to have committed domestic battery by attempting to stab a man (who may or may not have been Nicko) in their home and then throwing logs at him.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/iron-maiden-drummer-nicko-mcbrains-son-arrested-for-burglary/

Picture of the kid in the link, looks a bit of a scummer

• Advertisement

Funny that folk were talking about Maiden pushing out product to make money.

IronMaidenTrooperbeer.jpg

300,000 pints pre-ordered and the brewery didn't have to spend a penny on advertising.

ush wrote: »
    300,000 pints pre-ordered and the brewery didn't have to spend a penny on advertising.

Yeah the demand seems to be massive for it. Seems it is the first time that brewery has had to put on extra shifts in order to ensure enough gets made to meet demand.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yeah the demand seems to be massive for it. Seems it is the first time that brewery has had to put on extra shifts in order to ensure enough gets made to meet demand.

I had a quick look at ordering some. Just out of interest as having lived in England for a few years, I'm not a fan of their ales and bitters. Anyway, when you add in postage
    to Ireland it was about £30 for 8 bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

Has anyone actually tasted it yet. when is it relesed hoping to travel over to london for ireland friendly in wembley might sample it if i can find it in london

villains77 wrote: »
    Has anyone actually tasted it yet. when is it relesed hoping to travel over to london for ireland friendly in wembley might sample it if i can find it in london

I'd say you won't see it in any pubs in London. Most breweries in Britain are fairly regional and only sell their beers in their own pubs and I think this Robinson crowd are based up north and in Wales. However as it's Maiden and they're a London band, they might have something in place. An off-licence for a few bottles would be your best bet I'd say.

English real ale is fairly manky as well in my opinion so I wouldn't be holding out too much hope for it.

villains77 wrote: »

Contact the brewery, http://www.robinsonsbrewery.com/ ask them which pubs in the London area are stocking it.

Iron Maiden's new beer won't be on sale in Sweden's state owned liquor store monopoly. The label on the bottle breaks the regulations.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/musik/rockbjornen/article16753553.ab

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭trey99

Ordered my case of beer, pity i can't order a maiden show here to, ****ers leave ireland out on all the good tours but bring the not so good ones here in recent years, except dublin 03 that was class, rds was good to but tickets only reached 28 thousand so i was unhappy about that, felt bad for maiden who.deserve to sell out, 02 sold out pretty much. Ah well maybe on their farewell tour they will.return.

trey99 wrote: »
    Ordered my case of beer, pity i can't order a maiden show here to, ****ers leave ireland out on all the good tours but bring the not so good ones here in recent years, except dublin 03 that was class, rds was good to but tickets only reached 28 thousand so i was unhappy about that, felt bad for maiden who.deserve to sell out, 02 sold out pretty much. Ah well maybe on their farewell tour they will.return.

What was the final cost by the way, including postage? We'll be expecting a full review when you get it. Are you an ale drinker anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

So I was at the Lisbon gig on Wednesday night and although the removal of Still Life from the original Maiden England setlist was a disappointment for me, it's still pretty strong and the show itself is up to Maiden's usual high standards, including lots of pyro and a couple of Eddie appearances. The Portuguese are a LOUD audience, too, really adding to the occasion. It's a real shame they aren't bringing it to Ireland, but roll on Stockholm in July!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

blastman wrote: »
    the removal of Still Life

Absolute shame :(

Maiden will be finishing the Euro leg of the Maiden England tour wit a gig at The O2 in London on Aug 3rd, totally ticketless event to deter touts.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/maiden-to-finish-off-their-european-tour-back-home-in-london-at-the-02-arena--saturday-3rd-august-2013.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

I really think they should play a warm up gig on the Friday night before in the o2 Dublin....nothing else on there that night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Thinking of going to the London gig myself, just saw them at Download and they were absolutely fantastic, bank holiday weekend as well. Pretty perfect setlist for me really. Also had the trooper beer at Download, very nice I must say, although I'm not a huge ale drinker so can't really compare it to others but it was a hell of a lot better then the tuborg they were serving at the regular bars, but that's not difficult I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Only Iron Maiden could pull something like this off

If you've a few hours spare i recommend watching this, apparently the band release these every so often, Part 4 is due soon. Has all the ex members in it and is a great watch, funny too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

RayCon wrote: »
    Absolute shame :(

'Still Life' is a class song, and I don't know why so many people consider it a weak filler song. My main annoyance is that they never play anything off 'Somewhere in Time' anymore apart from 'Wasted Years' and 'Heaven Can Wait'. It's an awesome album, and I wish they would play 'Somewhere in Time', Sea Madness, Stranger in a Strange Land' and 'Alexander The Great' at least.

Also if anybody is interested I have lots of hi res and super hi res rare Eddie pics, including Derek Riggs unfinished 'Fear of The Dark' and an early version of 'Piece of Mind'.;)

'

Also if anybody is interested I have lots of hi res and super hi res rare Eddie pics, including Derek Riggs unfinished 'Fear of The Dark' and an early version of 'Piece of Mind'.;)

I'd like to see them if you could post a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I'd like to see them if you could post a link?

Here you go. It's pretty big at well over 700mb, but they all are high quality images. You might also need to download winrar as well. Let me know what you think.;) Enjoy.:D

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|875p5|3990203679|Very%20Rare%20Eddie%27s.rar|785651|0|0|1|referer-B20CE7274246FF6A7B2CB5F33058F678

spinner-ani48.gif
    box-arrow-lt2.png
    dotclear.gif
    intext-help5.png
    intext-close5.png
    Looking For presley?
    intext-thdefault3.png Find What You Need. Look For presley Here Now
    click here

MonsterMarketplace.com

Advertisement