Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything Maiden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

They should have two guitarists. Saves money.

Also no prancing. Because I say so. Wah, wah, wah...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

ush wrote: »
    They should have two guitarists. Saves money.

Also no prancing. Because I say so. Wah, wah, wah...

check this out...works just fine without anyone prancing around on stage and is so much easier on the eyes…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    check this out...works just fine without anyone prancing around on stage and is so much easier on the eyes…

I see now. It was all very coordinated and tasteful before Janick Gers arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Advertisement

This Thursday's gig at Wacken is going to be streamed live. Starts at 8:30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Gers is not needed hes like a spare tool on stage no need for him at all unless murray falls asleep at some stage then wheel him out for dave to get oxygen,

I do like gers work on tatooed millionaire however

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

ROY RACE wrote: »
    Gers is not needed hes like a spare tool on stage no need for him at all unless murray falls asleep at some stage then wheel him out for dave to get oxygen,

I do like gers work on tatooed millionaire however

...Those dances though :D

Just kiddin' great musician he's amongst good company and has proven to write some tunes no harm there tbh...even if he looks outta place which I completely agree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 carlo5

On a side note, Wacken show is going to be streamed tomorrow evening at wacken.com :O

Bruce said at the end of the Waken gig that there'll be an indoor tour next year. Hopefully we'll get included.

I was hoping they might do an arena tour before the end of the year but Steve's taking his British Lion thingy on the road in December so that's ruled out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

For anyone who missed/completely forgot about the livestream..

I didn't see it live but watched it over the weekend and found it very enjoyable.

I didn't see it live but watched it over the weekend and found it very enjoyable.

It was early Friday when I remembered it myself, watching it now, and the set-list, great mix of the new and classics... If they came to Dublin and did the Wacken set-list, I'd be pretty damn happy.

Steve Harris' British Lion playing 3 Irish gigs later in the year

SUN DEC 4 BUTTON FACTORY, DUBLIN
    MON DEC 5 DOLAN’S WAREHOUSE, LIMERICK
    TUE DEC 6 LIMELIGHT 1, BELFAST

While I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to the album as it's a bit bland, I might tag along to the Dublin gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Tickets bought ... while I agree that the British Lion album was pretty forgettable , the chance to 'Arry in a small venue like the Button Factory (.... and for €20 :eek:) was too much to tun down ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

I'll prob go to Harry in Dublin. Would give my right arm to see maiden in the point next year

Arena tour for May being announced end of this month goes without saying hopefully the emerald isle gets a date.

May 6th looks good for a date here (hopefully!!), a leaked UK poster doing the rounds now odd support for them in Shinedown

Seen the poster in question, time to start hoping...

The only downside to Maiden IF they were to come here next May, The Trooper would probably be omitted from the set..

Why?

• Advertisement

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Why?

Because of Bruce and the Union Jack flag waving during the song and some people, there was a broo ha ha ha over it in 2003, even though the flag waving during the Trooper is an "hommage to those who died in the trenches during one of the bloodiest battles of World War I."

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/UNION+JACK+FURY+OF+IRON+MAIDEN+FANS%3B+POINT+CROWD+BOO+AT+FLAG+WAVING.-a0110783875

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Because of Bruce and the Union Jack flag waving during the song and some people, there was a broo ha ha ha over it in 2003, even though the flag waving during the Trooper is an "hommage to those who died in the trenches during one of the bloodiest battles of World War I."

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/UNION+JACK+FURY+OF+IRON+MAIDEN+FANS%3B+POINT+CROWD+BOO+AT+FLAG+WAVING.-a0110783875

They still played it the next time they played here though. In 2005 at the the RDS. Bruce discussed the 2003 incident before the start of the song and he didn't use the flag but still went through the waving motions.

Had it been on the tour set list for AMOLAD of TFF shows in Dublin, I doubt they'd have not played it then and I doubt they'd drop it if it was on the set in the next tour either. IM don't take **** and I doubt they'd change their setlist because of a few potential dickheads booing.

Here's the poster in question. 6th May does look like the ideal spot to stick in an Irish date (either Dublin or Belfast). Let's hope it's not bs.

ke7u4h.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    even though the flag waving during the Trooper is an "hommage to those who died in the trenches during one of the bloodiest battles of World War I."

Which is quite odd, given that the song is about a famous event in the crimean war :o

Harris and Dickinson were always weird with their levels of jingoism but whats even weirder was they insisted on putting the union jack on so many covers yet never noticed that derek riggs never drew it correctly, the design was always symmetrical :rolleyes:

Incidentally if anyone hasn't posted it: an old maiden roadie from their earliest days is releasing a memoir called loopys world. If the stuff he put up on the web before he decided to make it into a book is anything to go by it will be well worth a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Here's the poster in question. 6th May does look like the ideal spot to stick in an Irish date (either Dublin or Belfast). Let's hope it's not bs.

ke7u4h.png

if there was a Dublin date im not sure will i go or not. its will be 7 years next year since they played here (only seems like the other day) and the setlists on the tour have been a bit meh.

2017 does look set to be a rocking year with so many bands likely to be on tour

I've only seen maiden once on the dance of death gour. Missed the oportunity to see them in the rds abd the point since then. I'll definitely be there if there playing

PTH2009 wrote: »
    if there was a Dublin date im not sure will i go or not. its will be 7 years next year since they played here (only seems like the other day) and the setlists on the tour have been a bit meh.

2017 does look set to be a rocking year with so many bands likely to be on tour

I actually thought the set was decent enough on the 1st leg. As it wasn't one of the nostalgia tours, you were always going to get 5 songs or so from the new album but as well as the old reliables, they threw in Children of The Damed, Powerslave and Wasted Years which are all great live.

In relation to the history of iron maiden..any one have any idea when the next dvd in featuring the history of the band coking out?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Announcement Friday, going to the ticketless method to prevent touting, but in conjunction with Ticketmaster...OH the irony!

One would assume the poster is correct anyway.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Announcement Friday, going to the ticketless method to prevent touting, but in conjunction with Ticketmaster...OH the irony!

One would assume the poster is correct anyway.

Can't stand the ticketless system personally :(

Advertisement