Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything Maiden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭montec

26 years ago today!

£12.50 for the ticket if I remember correctly.

Jesus, 26 years!!! I remember Wolfsbane being destroyed in spit but they just drove on. They had just released "All Hells Breaking Loose..." And they were being touted as the next big thing. Iirc Bruce stopped the show at the start of the third song (Wrathchild?).
    I still have the ticket stub and I also managed to catch one of Nicko's sticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

montec wrote: »
    Iirc Bruce stopped the show at the start of the third song (Wrathchild?).

Yeah it was during Wrathchild and then again during Bring Your Daughter (along the crowd kept singing along during BYD which was cool as the album hadn't been released yet and it was the first time any of use had heard it).

I thought Wolfsbane were quite good and actually bought some of their stuff and went to see them in the Rock Garden a few years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

**** it ill think ill go

Shinedown sound good (pity they dont do 'I Dare You' live anymore :()

A7X/Disturbed, Sabbath and Maiden in 2017 :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Can anyone tell me where I can get a maiden b sides album with woman in uniform on it? Had one yonks ago but loaned it to someone e and never seen it again

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where I can get a maiden b sides album with woman in uniform on it? Had one yonks ago but loaned it to someone e and never seen it again

It wasn't a B-side and I don't think it has been on any compilation album. Is there a chance the CD you had was part of the 'First Ten Years' release?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Women-Uniform-Twilight-Zone-Maiden/dp/B000007144/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1474732873&sr=1-1&keywords=iron+maiden+women+in+uniform

• Advertisement

Nope that wasn't it. It had massacre by lizzy on it too. Just done a quick ebay search and found a pail dianno album called the classics:the maiden years....anyone have a copy of this to rate it's content and quality? Are they origional recordings?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It wasn't a B-side and I don't think it has been on any compilation album. Is there a chance the CD you had was part of the 'First Ten Years' release?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Women-Uniform-Twilight-Zone-Maiden/dp/B000007144/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1474732873&sr=1-1&keywords=iron+maiden+women+in+uniform

I actually had most of them when they came out on vinyl at one point :o

Yeah it was during Wrathchild and then again during Bring Your Daughter (along the crowd kept singing along during BYD which was cool as the album hadn't been released yet and it was the first time any of use had heard it).

I thought Wolfsbane were quite good and actually bought some of their stuff and went to see them in the Rock Garden a few years later.

Oh yeah, Wolfsbane were a very good band at that point. I thought they were cool out that night and I went out and bought the ep after that.

Bambi wrote: »
    I actually had most of them when they came out on vinyl at one point :o

I dug out my Maiden vinyl a few weeks ago and had forgotten that I had right few gems in it. I have most of the First Ten Years set. I also found out that I have Irish versions of Piece of Mind, Powerslave & Live After Death. Half tempted to cash in

On another note, I had RTE Radio 1 on this morning and I nearly crashed the car when I heard Marian Finucane reading out the lyrics to Run to the Hills and giving away tickets to the Dublin show!!!

• Advertisement

I dug out my Maiden vinyl a few weeks ago and had forgotten that I had right few gems in it. I have most of the First Ten Years set. I also found out that I have Irish versions of Piece of Mind, Powerslave & Live After Death. Half tempted to cash in

Bruce singing 'as Gaelige'...???

Bruce singing 'as Gaelige'...???

A lot vinyl was manufactured in Ireland back then from what I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

This ticketless thing, i'm not so sure, i use touts a LOT and have never paid full price any time i've used them, just know how to deal with them, have your max price and be prepared to walk away, here's some of the prices i've paid for a PAIR of tickets
    Slash @ O2 - 40Euro, Kiss@O2 - 50Euro, Metallica@Marley - 50Euro and Foo's at Marley also 50Euro

Now each of them gigs i bought physical tickets, and here lies the problem, EVERY one of those tickets was a complimentary, there's too many tickets flying round for gigs, given out to people who have no use for them at all

Yeah, There was a vinyl pressing plant in Ferrybank (Waterford) at one point.
    The Irish versions of Maiden's releases almost always had a beige label and "Made in Ireland" printed on them. Also, the versions of Powerslave and Live After Death that I have don't have the inner picture sleeves, only the plain white ones.
    I have seen of these go for decent money.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah, There was a vinyl pressing plant in Ferrybank (Waterford) at one point.
    The Irish versions of Maiden's releases almost always had a beige label and "Made in Ireland" printed on them. Also, the versions of Powerslave and Live After Death that I have don't have the inner picture sleeves, only the plain white ones.
    I have seen of these go for decent money.

Fairly sure my copy of Live After Death is a white sleeve. What constitutes good money for this?

Mushy wrote: »
    Fairly sure my copy of Live After Death is a white sleeve. What constitutes good money for this?

Check this site out, it gives average valuations for each record: http://maidenargus.blogspot.ie/search/label/077%20-%20VIRTUAL%20XI%20%281998%29

Anyone know if there's a history of part 4 available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a history of part 4 available

Don't think so - they've gone up as far as Maiden England (so included the period from 1985-88). The next installment will probably depend on them re-releasing the Donnington 1992 video and tacking something onto that.

I just don't see the 1990's being as interesting to most people!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭jayobray

Seems the likes of the Sound Cellar won't be selling tickets, so we're stuck with Ticketmaster's extortion charges.

peter1892 wrote: »
    Don't think so - they've gone up as far as Maiden England (so included the period from 1985-88). The next installment will probably depend on them re-releasing the Donnington 1992 video and tacking something onto that.

I just don't see the 1990's being as interesting to most people!

That Donnington video is appalling. The grainy B&W shots are poor and obviously not shot at the same gig as you can see a roof in some of the shots.

I agree that the 90's weren't very positive for the band but it would be interesting to hear how they coped from being among the biggest rock bands in the world to being almost irrelevant with the rise of grunge and nu-metal etc. and going from playing arenas to much smaller venues.

I'd like to hear about Blaze's time in the band too and how it all ended with him.

• Advertisement

I think it's a shame if it's not done. Maybe harris won't release Donnington due to inferior quality but aa stated it would be nice to hear about janic joining/ bruce leaving/ blaze jiining/leaving

I'm with 3 so have a presale code but I was wondering are they restricted to specific seats in a specific area or can I choose a seat anywhere?

This gig won't sell out quickly if at all so if I can only buy seats at the very back in the presale, I'll hold off and pick up a better one on Friday. Has anyone used the 3 presale for tickets before?

I'm old and decrepit so won't be for standing tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I think this will sell out super quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

I'm with 3 so have a presale code but I was wondering are they restricted to specific seats in a specific area or can I choose a seat anywhere?

This gig won't sell out quickly if at all so if I can only buy seats at the very back in the presale, I'll hold off and pick up a better one on Friday. Has anyone used the 3 presale for tickets before?

Maiden Fc presale you could only buy from certain sections which weren't great by all accounts. I was getting standing so didn't bother me.

Not 100% but I don't think there are specfic seating sections for the 3 pre sale (more a few random seats scattered here and there). If u buy the tickets the min they go on sale in the pre sale u might be lucky and get good ones. It's really the luck of the draw

Tickets in the central blocks (D,E,C) are difficult to get for bigger concerts and normally go to vips/sponsors/fan clubs etc. There are no bad seats in the 3arena and you still have a good view in the very back (the corner sections are a bit of a pain) I always get allocated to block F (sitting there for the Nickelback, A7X and Black Sabbath upcoming shows)

For 2010 gig i got tickets the last row of Block C in the maiden fans pre sale

Dreading the ques with this idiotic paperless ticket system (can see them not asking for ID and just scanning the credit cards)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

As someone who collects gig tickets, this paperless sh!te does not please me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

That Donnington video is appalling. The grainy B&W shots are poor and obviously not shot at the same gig as you can see a roof in some of the shots.

I agree that the 90's weren't very positive for the band but it would be interesting to hear how they coped from being among the biggest rock bands in the world to being almost irrelevant with the rise of grunge and nu-metal etc. and going from playing arenas to much smaller venues.

I'd like to hear about Blaze's time in the band too and how it all ended with him.

I just pulled up that Donnington gig on Spotify (other music services are available). It sounds awful, muddy production. And they butchered the post-production on it by tacking on a 'thank you & good night' from 'Live After Death' and the end of 'Run to the hills' (which ends CD1).

The story of Maiden in 90's is interesting of course - the difficult years lead to the eventual reunion and return to form and success. And 'Sign of the Cross' is a great track :)

peter1892 wrote: »
    I just pulled up that Donnington gig on Spotify (other music services are available). It sounds awful, muddy production. And they butchered the post-production on it by tacking on a 'thank you & good night' from 'Live After Death' and the end of 'Run to the hills' (which ends CD1).

The story of Maiden in 90's is interesting of course - the difficult years lead to the eventual reunion and return to form and success. And 'Sign of the Cross' is a great track :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ENY-TRnqW70

PTH2009 wrote: »

Is there anything in that video that's not mortifyingly embarrassing? How the f**k did harris think yer man could sing those songs in the original keys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

blastman wrote: »
    As someone who collects gig tickets, this paperless sh!te does not please me.
    I agree, This is crap, like to have the ticket stubs.... should be the punters choice??

Advertisement