Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything Maiden

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

dimma wrote: »
    I agree, This is crap, like to have the ticket stubs.... should be the punters choice??

Ya keep the stubs meself so sucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

So did anybody get anything in the pre-sales? Was offered Standing or sitting right at the back (block j, row 45). Gonna take a risk and wait if any better seats are offered on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

xtradel wrote: »
    So did anybody get anything in the pre-sales? Was offered Standing or sitting right at the back (block j, row 45). Gonna take a risk and wait if any better seats are offered on Friday.

I got a couple in the 3 presale. It took about 6-7 attempts to get anything reasonable but eventually I got some fairly central. They're in the upper seating but in a low row so they'll do me.

I wouldn't cal it a risk waiting until Friday. You'll be fine.

Ya I took standing in the presale, also had a gander at the kinda seats being offered as it seems to be the same every presale, they don't actually appear to release good seats till general anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I got standing tickets in the presale! Roll on May! \m/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

bloody code wont work using the 3plus ticketmaster page too:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Not sure if it is allowed to ask but here goes, apologies if its not ok, does anyone have any pre sales codes? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭brianomc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    bloody code wont work using the 3plus ticketmaster page too:mad:

Same for me, will just have to wait until Friday now. Nobody in work better attempt to disturb me from 8:55.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭bnt

In the meantime: Steve Harris' band British Lion are playing the Button Factory in Dublin on Dec. 4th, and Dolan's Warehouse in Limerick the next day.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

App ready to go

Forgot Mrs Browns boys tickets are on sale too which could cause the TM system to crash

• Advertisement

App ready to go

Forgot Mrs Browns boys tickets are on sale too which could cause the TM system to crash

Just make sure you select the right event!

****ing app when i search iron maiden and click into the dublin date its comes up as 'Sorry there no tickets available on the app please check ticketmaster.ie' :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

anyhow got my seated ticket on the website Block A row 27 seat 20 :D:D

not happy i wont have a physical ticket only a stupid stub :(:(:mad:

not happy i wont have a physical ticket only a stupid stub :(:(:mad:

A stub is a used physical ticket...you get nothing!!

Seated likely get a receipt printed to ensure people take their allocated seats that's it.

A stub is a used physical ticket...you get nothing!!

Seated likely get a receipt printed to ensure people take their allocated seats that's it.

It mite be an iron maiden branded receipt lol

Ah god this could be a big mess, people will arrive after a few drinks get there seating slips (accidently throw them away) and then sit where they like causing chaos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Picked up a standing ticket just there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

standing tickets gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

ROY RACE wrote: »
    standing tickets gone?

No,still available on desktop site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Gave book of souls another blast this week. Don't like the sound on a tune or two. New producer next time perhaps. Empire of the clouds is absolutely awsome

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭blagards

From what I see standing tickets seem to be gone? Seems pretty quick. Reckon any more will be put up, or should I just get seated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

blagards wrote: »
    From what I see standing tickets seem to be gone? Seems pretty quick. Reckon any more will be put up, or should I just get seated?

They usually release tickets in the days leading up to the gig. I got AC/DC standing tickets that way.

It's a smaller venue though so it's a bit of a risk waiting on extra tickets. If you can get seats now and you're happy to sit, you should buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭flasher0030

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Gave book of souls another blast this week. Don't like the sound on a tune or two. New producer next time perhaps. Empire of the clouds is absolutely awsome

I too gave it a spin during the week. Hadn't listened to it in months. Was kinda excited again throwing it on. And couldn't figure why so long had passed since I listened to songs like Empire, Book of Souls, If Eternity should fail etc. But then as I was listening to is, I felt sort of flat. It just wasn't doing it for me. I didn't feel any excitement. I don't really know why. Maybe it's because the songs are too long and have the same format - quiet, loud, quiet. Or it could be that Dickinson's voice seems very forced at times on it. But like the previous poster said, there is something about the sound of some songs. And Speed of Light is a pile of shlt in my opinion. I think without Eternity it would be an ok album. But 18 minutes of absolute quality on any album makes it a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Anyone going to Steve Harris' British Lion this Sunday? Just got tickets for myself a couple of mates. I'll admit I haven't listened to the album yet but I think the novelty factor of seeing Steve in a tiny venue is worth the €20!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

Most people I know are only going to Dolans on Monday to see Steve Harris, even though they didn't like the British Lion CD! A small venue like that is a nice opportunity for a photo with the great man... so I'm told.

Anyone go last night? Just wondering what it was like.

Anyone go last night? Just wondering what it was like.

Was at the Button Factory gig on Sunday. Put on a brilliant show and you can tell Steve is absolutely loving it. Rest of the band were very good too. He took photos with anyone who wanted one after the show as well which just shows how much of a decent lad he is.

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Was at the Button Factory gig on Sunday. Put on a brilliant show and you can tell Steve is absolutely loving it. Rest of the band were very good too. He took photos with anyone who wanted one after the show as well which just shows how much of a decent lad he is.

Was there much of a turnout?

Was there much of a turnout?

Yeah, it was pretty packed out. You could get tickets at the door but I'd reckon it was about 85 - 90% sold. That said, I'm only going by ground floor standing, I don't think there were many, if any upstairs in the balcony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

was at Dolans last night.

Great show! Steve really loving it!

Good crowd in, i'd say 60-70% capacity.

Still can't believe i was that close to the legend!

I'd say he met everyone afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭trey99

Guys we really need maiden to win this poll and go on to the final. Only you the maiden fans can make that happen. http://loudwire.com/black-sabbath-vs-iron-maiden-metal-madness-2017-semifinals/ UP THE IRONS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

Not quite Maiden but Steve's young fella is in The Raven Age, they toured with Maiden last year. They have a debut album out in the last week, really good IMHO. Darkness will Rise its called.

Advertisement