Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything Maiden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

In the off chance anybody has one I'm looking for standing ticket on the 31st of July.(first night)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

Setlist from the opening night looks excellent. Won't post it just incase spoilers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I wasn't expecting that. Many surprises thrown in. 5 tour debuts (I think - per setlist.com). And many songs that haven't been played live in ages.

Really looking forward to Death of the Celts and Hell on Earth. Pity Parchment wasn't thrown in as well. Prisoner is a welcome addition.

Pity they don't substitute Iron Maiden with Hallowed. Would be ideal then. Finish off the main set with The Trooper. Then oncore of Hell on Earth, WAsted years and finish up with Hallowed Be Thy Name. Would be a great cloure. But not to be. Does anyone really get excited with Iron Maiden being included in the setlist. It's done to death at this stage, for a very average tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

If anyone has tickets for sale or knows of someone selling tickets can they let me know? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 29,315 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

tons of production tickets just gone on sale there now, regular resales available, probably will be available the week of the gig also....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Thanks, just got a standing ticket, delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Iron Maiden an average tune?, surely much preferable than the Senjutsu stuff?

The final 3 songs on Senjutsu are up there with the best they have ever done - Death of the Celts, Parchment and Hell on Earth.

Iron Maiden (the song) is ok. It's like a rallying cry - an anthem for the band. But it a pretty average 3 and a half minutes. If the title wasn't Iron Maiden, and was instead something like, say "See the blood begin to flow", would it get any credibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭MOTM

Still waiting for Ticketmaster to send out maiden tickets. Anyone got theirs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Don't think I had any choice but to get them on phone when I was ordering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

I got mine not long after they were bought and I bought them the day they went on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CasimiR

x2 standing tickets to swap for seated if anyone is interested PM me

Looking for one standing ticket for Maiden if anyone gets left with a spare. I can see the odd resale ticket pops up on Ticketmaster, but they are gone by the time I get into them. Happened 3 times. I better check my laptop,. May be some issue with my settings or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Folks, trying to plan this out. Anyone any idea what time Maiden / support band are on at / time gig finishes at ? Kids with me so trying to arrange some logistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

Maiden will probably be on about 9.00pm, done by 10.30-45pm.

Thank you so much. I got a standing one in the resale. €100 including the extras. Lot of money, but worth it for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Cill94

Saw Maiden at Hellfest last weekend. Bruce really struggling with the singing these days, and show was pretty poor as a result. Can't blame him as he's getting on in age and obviously had the throat cancer. But they need to tune down to accomodate his range. Other guys still performing well.

Blaze has announced an Irish tour for Feb, this guy has metal flowing through his veins, one if the nicest guys in the Business.

Delighted he's on the recovery after his heart attack.

About 10yrs ago I was at Hard Rock Hell in North Wales, was November and snowing, in the smoking area about 10pm , just behind main stage and I see Blaze, carrying in his own gear in the snow, stopped for a chat, great guy. Felt a bit sad for him lugging his own stuff in

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

He is an absolutely larger than life character, saw wolfsbane in the baggot inn late 80s, the rock garden some years alter and supporting maiden in the point, a proper rock band with cracking songs who deserve their place in metal history

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Just found out that I can't go tonight 😭, if anyone wants to buy a standing ticket (transfer via ticketmaster app) pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,315 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

standing tickets available on ticketmaster there now folks....

Absolutely banging gig, someone said a few posts ago that Bruce was struggling, no sign of that on Sat night, they show absolutely no sign of slowing down, Steve playing with British Lion on Fri night and Bruce playing with the RAF Rock band in Brize Norton on Friday night.

Highlight for me was , all of it, couldn't pick one defining moment.

Anybody see Dublin specific tour shirts? Have them on Maidens official Amazon page for €35, UK only delivery though, my daughter is coming over next month so getting one shipped to her first.

Funniest moments of the night for me, was on the barrier and this guy had a sign saying 'can j have a guitar pick', every time a guitarist was near he'd flash it, one of the security guys seen the sign, and when Arry threw his wrist band it landed in security pit, they guy gave it to the fan, a few minutes later I clocked him looking around and then taking a fcukin huge sniff, I know it was worn by Steve Harris but FFS, you've just sniffed a 70yr old man's sweat band 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Amazing gig. The pensioners showing the young fellas how its done still, I will literally have no one I want see in 10 years from now when all these great rock live acts are gone.

Dickinson is still jumping around like he's in his 20's, how the **** does he keep up. Over 10 years since I saw them last and they were better than ever, please don't ever retire!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bombaby1974

Yeah Dublin was a great night. Brilliant to hear some songs they havent played in a few years!!

Just back from UK for Nottingham and Birmingham.

Both great shows but I think Nottingham had the edge.

Bruce's voice was on top form for all 3 shows but he did manage to feck up Stranger in a Strange land in Nottingham and Birmingham by completely forgetting where he was in the song. He also introduced the wrong song in Birmingham. A couple of days recovery ahead of me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭thebourke

Just back from London.

I went both nights.

Bruce's voice is still good.

Maiden are still the best ever.It will be a sad day when they retire.

Up the irons.

Yeah I fear this could be the last tour we see from Maiden unless they decide to officially do a farewell tour.

Nicko has had to slow down and simplify some tracks and there's not a lot of on stage banter from the rest of the lads with rumour suggesting they're just not getting on with each other, especially Bruce and Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 The Homeball

Metal is a very physical form of music which doesn't really suit being performed by an oul lad. Maiden have done brilliantly to stay relevant this long, but it can't go on forever. Harris is almost 70. Fair play to him, but you can't see him playing Phantom of the Opera sitting on a stool like BB King or the likes.

Announcement today from the band, more specifically Nicko

He suffered a minor stroke in January, amazing he is back behind the kit playing every night

• Advertisement

YEah it was fairly apparent that he wasn't 100% on the shows I went to but jesus the man is a legend for carrying on. If the end is approaching then I hope they do a proper farewell tour like Slayer did. One more lap around the planet. Thanks you and good night. Job done.

Advertisement