Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything Maiden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Pawsome54

Read an interview with their guitarist Dave recently that made me think that they might call it a day soon. I've also heard comments from Steve Harris before, for the last few years, talking about how long you can perform and what age feels right to stop.

That said, they're still not as old as Ozzy or Mick Mars, and they're still getting out there and doing it.

I'm not saying they'll stop completely, and might do the odd show over the next 5 to 10 years, but I think after the tour in support of Final Frontier is over you might see the end of Iron Maiden as a traditional metal band - as in releasing studio albums and touring worldwide in support.

I watched an interview with them on scuzz the other night and they said that after this tour they would like to do another greatest hits tour. So don't worry about them throwing in the towel just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Dates announced for Next Summer

Friday July 1st - Gothenburg Ullevi Stadium, SWEDEN
    Wednesday July 6th - Oslo Telenor, NORWAY
    Friday July 8th - Helsinki Olympic Stadium, FINLAND

PLUS June 30 - July 3 -Roskilde Festival, DENMARK

Source: http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=1258

Hopefully we'll finally get an outdoor show here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

scudzilla wrote: »

I'd love another O2 gig tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Their most underrated songs for sure, and they've never played it live. :( I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

September 23 1990 - I can't believe it's been 20 years since their first gig here.

• Advertisement

September 23 1990 - I can't believe it's been 20 years since their first gig here.

They didn't play here on any of the earlier tours????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

the evil that men do. what a great song

They didn't play here on any of the earlier tours????

Nah, 1990 was the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The gig with all the spitting at the band. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

Hell yeah! Bought my tickets for Oslo and Helsinki in the fan club pre-sale on Monday. Can't wait! Scream for me, Oslo! :cool:

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    The gig with all the spitting at the band. :mad:

Yeah a bit pathetic really. Blaze Bayley definitely got it a lot worse when he was on though. You always get a few a$$holes at every gig.

That was my first 'real' gig (I don't count the time I was brought to Chris de Burgh with my Mam!) and despite the spitting and Bruce threatening to walk off, it was a great night. NPFTD hadn't been released yet so it was good hearing some of those songs live.

Liverpool FC millionaire footballers are used to travelling in style for their European adventures but their latest flight will be a truly rock'n'roll experience.

Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson, who is best known for his earth shaking performances on the stage, ferried the Reds stars to Naples for their Europa League clash tonight (THURS).

But the 52-year-old rock star is no stranger to the cockpit - he's been flying commercial airlines for more than a decade.

On taking the Reds into 'The Final Frontier' aboard his Boeing 757, Captain Bruce said: "We've done a lot of footballers.

"We're one of very few airlines to have the FA cup on board. We flew the trophy back from Cardiff and it had its own seat.

"If people ask me which do I enjoy more, singing or flying, it's difficult to say."

But hardcore Maiden fans shouldn't worry they have lost their heavy metal idol to the skies as he added: "I'm never going to give up singing. That's been my life."

After flying from Iceland to Orlando on Sunday night, the singer was having a well earned rest before he jetted off with the Merseyside club.

Source : http://www.clickliverpool.com/clocked/celeb-stories/1211247-iron-maiden-frontman-turned-pilot-to-fly-lfc-to-italy-clash.html

Maiden have announced they're playing a Motorbike show in Faro, Portugal.

British heavy metal legends IRON MAIDEN are confirmed to play at the 30th international motorcycle convention — Faro 2011. This gathering, which is the biggest motorcycle convention in Europe and is hosted by the Moto Clube De Faro, takes place between July 14 and July 17, with IRON MAIDEN headlining the first night. Other bands confirmed to appear are XUTOS E PONTAPÉS (Portugal); MAGO DE OZ (Spain); HELLS BELLS (tribute to AC/DC) (U.K.); LOS INHUMANOS (Spain); IRIS (Portugal).

MAIDEN's presence in Faro honors a great mutual friendship of many years of both of the band and the Moto Clube De Faro — the late Manu Da Silva. Manu was MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris' personal friend and the manager of Eddie's Bar in Santa Barbara de Nexe-Faro. Steve comments: "We have been trying to schedule to play at this incredible event for many years and it's fantastic that we have finally got the opportunity.

"l first met and became friends with the guys from Moto Clube De Faro a long time ago through mutual friend and Eddie's Bar manager Manu Da Silva, who tragically died five years ago. Manu was for many years a very good friend of myself and the band so you could say that our playing there is a tribute to his memory.

"We are all very much looking forward to this"

The last time MAIDEN played in The Algarve was back in March 1993 during the "Real Live Tour", so a return visit is well overdue.

To buy tickets and for more information about this very special event, please visit the club's web site, www.motoclubefaro.pt.

LINKY : http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=154354

Just checked out the ticket site and was shocked

TICKETS - 45,00 Euro

***You can sign in from 10:00 am July 14***

The entrance fee gives you access to:

- Official bag which contains a T-shirt, rally badge, sticker, a different surprise gift each year, coupons for free meals, coupons to give you the opportunity of entering the draw for both a brand new motorcycle and a free week in Daytona.

- Camping - Live concerts each night - Erotic shows each night - 24 hours bars - Bike Show - Professional stands - Biker fair - Tatoo stands - Tatoo contest - Wet T-shirt contest - Medical center - and much more!

- free trips on a special bus, rented by the club, which runs from 11am Thursday to 8am Sunday to take people into Faro and back to see the city.

- The best ambiance you can get in the world, joining the portuguese hospitality with the best weather you can get in Europe.

- You get to be one of the happy ones to claim having been in Europe's " Biker Mecca"

( A trip to remember )

Basically for 45euro ya get a goodie bag with event shirt and other stuff, the live bands, tittie shows, free meals, AND THE TICKET LASTS FOR THE 4 DAYS!!!!

Now that is value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

absolute gem of an event rode there on the 21st anniversary show, motorhead headlined that one.

Brilliant atmosphere, cheap beer and eats, sunshine (a lot of sunshine)

i remember the beer tents, circus like, with a water mist network overhead.
    every 20 mins or so a cheer would go up as the water was turned on and a lovely cool mist would descend!!!

the club are sound, i didn't see any trouble at all the year i went.

good natural venue too, great sound maiden would be excellent there.:)

absolute gem of an event rode there on the 21st anniversary show, motorhead headlined that one.

Brilliant atmosphere, cheap beer and eats, sunshine (a lot of sunshine)

i remember the beer tents, circus like, with a water mist network overhead.
    every 20 mins or so a cheer would go up as the water was turned on and a lovely cool mist would descend!!!

the club are sound, i didn't see any trouble at all the year i went.

good natural venue too, great sound maiden would be excellent there.:)

Seriously considering going to this, where else would ya get all that for 45euro, it'd cost 25 for an event shirt alone here!!!!

Aer Lingus fly to Faro, may even look into a week's package holiday

Iron Maiden believe they are better than Metallica.

Brue Dickinson - frontman with the 'Two Minutes to Midnight' group - has no doubt they are the better heavy metal act, even if they don't sell as many records.

He told Metal Hammer magazine:"You've just got to have a sense of fearlessness. I got into trouble for saying that we're better Metallica, and it's true!

"They might be bigger than us and they might sell more tickets than us and they might get more gold-plated middle-class bourgeoisie turning up to their shows but they're not Maiden."

British group Iron Maiden started their career in 1975 and quickly became one of the leading bands in the New Wave of British Heavy Metal movement, releasing their debut album in 1980.

Metallica formed a year later in California, and have long acknowledged they owe a debt to Iron Maiden's fast and heavy style, with drummer Lars Ulrich recently saying: "Iron Maiden have been the blueprint for everything that we have ever wanted to do."

While Iron Maiden have enjoyed a long career, selling tens of millions of albums and reaching number one in the UK with their single 'Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter', they have never quite had the same commercial overlap Metallica enjoyed, particularly in the early 90s with their tracks 'Enter Sandman' and 'Nothing Else Matters'.

Linky : http://uk.news.yahoo.com/iron-maiden-better-metallica-153000421.html;_ylt=AsF99mWrPSy8h1C.tFsbHD4Lfcl_;_ylu=X3oDMTNwNGpzNHE3BGNjb2RlA3dlaWdodGVkY3QEcGtnAzFhOTljNjE3LTIxODItMzFmYS1iZDA3LTgwNTY1ODIzYjFlZQRwb3MDNwRzZWMDbW9zdF9wb3B1bGFyBHZlcgMzYTA2MDk0MC05MWU0LTExZTAtYmU3Zi0zNDU2ZGI5ZjUxZjU-;_ylg=X3oDMTIxcmIzMGNkBGludGwDZ2IEbGFuZwNlbi1nYgRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANlbnRlcnRhaW5tZW50BHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3

Personally i don't think ya can compare them, they're just both too fcuking good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Was at the Arnhem show last night, great setlist, great stage show and the band were on form, some sound issues now and then but only minor nitpicking (occasional feedback, vocal volume changing mid-line etc). Looking forward to the UK shows :D

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭themacman

Lads, I'm intrigued by this festival in Faro. Has anyone figured out a cheap way to get there? Ryanair and Aerlingus fly direct, but prices are high. Some kind of sail and rail maybe? Or fly (somewhere else) and rail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Got the compelation album there, "From Fear To Eternity: Best of 1990-2010"

Delighted that it had two of my fave Maiden songs, 'The Sign of the Cross' and 'Man on the Edge' on it but was peeved that it was live versions(although bloody fantastic) with Bruce rather than the Blaze Bayley versions...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

Delighted that it had two of my fave Maiden songs, 'The Sign of the Cross' and 'Man on the Edge' on it but was peeved that it was live versions(although bloody fantastic) with Bruce rather than the Blaze Bayley versions...

Imo (I can only go on from the Rock in Rio version though) Bruce sings a much better version of The Sign of the Cross.

Agreed with Man on the Edge though, never really liked Bruce's version.

• Advertisement

Nice vid here wit Captain Bruce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

heard that they are playign in belfast 3rd august wouldnt mind going but i be only just bk form my hols on 29th and wouldnt beable afford both feck it might pop over to see them in london

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Good luck getting tickets :D

Nice vid here wit Captain Bruce

They should have put in a bit of maiden music instead of the rubbish on it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

That period was rubbish in fairness
    Although i am old school :cool:
    1980-1989:cool:

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Good luck getting tickets :D

got 2 tickets thanks had no problem gettign them west stand were the only ones left

anyone know of the set lists there goign to do in belfast is it the final frontier or is the new from fear to eternity album there supporting. cant wait 2 weeks holidays from weds and then my 9th maiden gig :)

villains77 wrote: »
    anyone know of the set lists there goign to do in belfast is it the final frontier or is the new from fear to eternity album there supporting. cant wait 2 weeks holidays from weds and then my 9th maiden gig :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Final_Frontier_World_Tour#Setlist

is there many going to this gig in belfast where a good pub to meet before the gig driving up on the night with a mate and back again cant wait

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

villains77 wrote: »
    is there many going to this gig in belfast where a good pub to meet before the gig driving up on the night with a mate and back again cant wait

I'm going! :D

There's an official Iron Maiden fan club meet up before the gig. If you're a member of the forum, you can see the thread here. We're all going to Katy Doyle's pub.

Advertisement