Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything Maiden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

I'm going! :D

There's an official Iron Maiden fan club meet up before the gig. If you're a member of the forum, you can see the thread here. We're all going to Katy Doyle's pub.

How do i become a fanclub memebr and how much is it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Going to see them in Belfast in a few weeks time, can't waiiiiiiiiiiiit:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jemser

Getting near now,get the harp ice ready!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

7 of us travelling up from Dublin ... can't wait. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just been watching 'Behind the Iron Curtain' again, not seen it for years

In this part (Pt.1) they arrive in Poland and it has Aces High on it, take a listen, Bruce's vocals are awful, never realised he was so bad. The track is from 4:00 in but ya may as well watch it all as it's pretty awesome seeing how far behind us Poland was only 25yrs ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

Myself, missus and son are going too. Up the Irons and see you there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

Just back home from Belfast. Very good gig, pity I had to drive back and couldn't have a few beers...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Great gig, band were up for it, crowd were well up for it (Hallowed Be Thy Name in particular was fantastic), sound was excellent and Eddie's appearance during Iron Maiden was amazing. Only quibbles were the discreet dropping of one particular track from the setlist (I think Bruce used his intro to Blood Brothers to rail against the mentality that was the source of that problem, but the morons are destined to be with us forever, it seems) and the random throwing of plastic pint cups full of beer or p!ss.

Bruce also seemed pretty emphatic that this wouldn't be the last time we would see Maiden, so that's good news too.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Great gig as usual from Maiden, if the gestapo are ever recruiting then the security staff at the odyssey will never be short of work, the behaviour of them throwing out a lad and his gf for having a foot over the white line down on the floor was appalling, I know they're only there doing a job but what I witnessed wasn't much short of thuggery.

• Advertisement

Well, this is the quietest I've ever seen a thread after a big gig. None of the other attendees chipping in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

blastman wrote: »
    (I think Bruce used his intro to Blood Brothers to rail against the mentality that was the source of that problem,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csd5vTpQu7c

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Janet1986

Any pics of the gig? i couldn't go :(

First time at the Odyssey and can only conclude that is was named after the epic journey you have to go on to get to the toilets and back during a gig !!! What a ****wit "system" they have .... as for the Staff - it's been mentioned above but I'll add that some of them were the most ignorant people Ive ever encountered. How they are employeed in positions that interface with the public is baffling.

Katy Daly's beforehand was good craic, the gig was great - pity about the Trooper but understandable (should have played something else in it's place) , back to Katy Dalys (or the Limelight was it ?) but the bleeding Swedish DVD was back on so had a pint and split, had all the Maiden I could handle at that stage.

The only gripe I have is Janick Gers - seriously - what the **** ? ... Twirling his guitar around, doing ****in leg stretches - Just release an excercise DVD and be done with it. He's the cock flavoured lollipop of metal.

Great pics, it's a bit easier when you get a press pass though. :jealous:

My own distant, out of focus shots may be available at a later stage (haven't looked at them properly yet, so they could be horrendous!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

great gig and good night in belfast sorry only posting now but been busy with duties and work must say the news songs were great to see live and was a good night apart from the bus home straight after luckily i made it back for the 11 bus to dublin straigth after the gig as up early to work for the horse show long day but well worth it roll o nthere next tour up the irons

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I uploaded quite a lot of excellent very hi res Eddie pics very recently.;)

Was back in Wales last week and popped into one of them cheap bookshops.

Managed to pick up a copy of Paul Di'Anno's biog 'The Beast'

Now before i read it i thought he was a bit of a nob but now i can confidently say that the guy is a complete and utter nobjockey.

95% of the book is about him shagging, taking drugs, fighting, ramming glasses into peoples faces.

The worst part was when he openly admits to beating the crap outta his young 2nd wife (Also a GF too)

Complete and utter waste of air

• Advertisement

With Jimmy Saville passing away recently, this link was on the IM website.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2011/nov/02/jim-fix-it-iron-maiden

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

With Jimmy Saville passing away recently, this link was on the IM website.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2011/nov/02/jim-fix-it-iron-maiden

Brilliant story and great to see the video of it too. The band and crew are as sound as fcuk.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭breffni666

2012 marks 30 years since The Number of the Beast was released. Any chance of Maiden marking their breakthrough/best album with a Donny show/tour? Suppose they would have announced by now if they were touring again anyway. Are we not due the third instalment of early days with stuff from 1990-2010 + include the Beast ala Donny 07 as they released a best of covering these years.

Think Friday Donington is still free???????

breffni666 wrote: »

Think Friday Donington is still free???????

Haven't the 3 headliners being confirmed?

Metallica, Black Sabbath and The Prodigy

Big Maiden announcement on their website tonight.

Surely confirming Sonisphere

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

scudzilla wrote: »

I reckon they saw my performance driving the other day with Powerslave blasting, and they want me to front the band. :D

Had forgotten how good that album was, and in particular the title track. I have a boy toy/classic car that I only drive on occasion, so took that on a trip to Dublin airport and back to give it a bit of a run rather than using my regular motor.

I grabbed Powerslave and a few other albums before leaving so that I would have tunes I liked with me.

Aces High, Two Minutes To Midnight, Losfer Words, Flash Of The Blade, The Duellists, and Back In The Village all rocked away as I moseyed from the airport and worked my way down country.

Then Powerslave started and I was back to being the 11yo Kess getting blown away by the band that had originally hooked me in 1982.

Then I hit 2:58 and I was getting tingles as the song made it's way towards it's payoff. The 3:56 hit, my foot gets a bit heavier on the pedal and I am in musical Valhalla as the same solo that drove 11yo Kess in wanting to destroy continents has the same effect on 38 yo Kess.

Maiden may have released other albums that I prefer to Powerslave. Maiden may have released other songs that I love more than Powerslave's titular track, but they have never come close to creating anything that works so well for me everytimes as they did with what happens between 2:58 and 5:03 on this track.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

scudzilla wrote: »

Doubt they'll do Sonisphere again so quickly, I'm reading of two likely things. One involves Adrian, one involves a show. So far the touring cycle is similar to the last one, and I can imagine a stand alone show a la Twickennham.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mushy wrote: »
    Doubt they'll do Sonisphere again so quickly, I'm reading of two likely things. One involves Adrian, one involves a show. So far the touring cycle is similar to the last one, and I can imagine a stand alone show a la Twickennham.

I'm hoping for a super duper reissue of Number, coupled with a Number once off show (or small tour ) with some kind of Clive Burr/Clive Aid involvement.

Mushy wrote: »

What's the thing with Adrian? Have you heard a rumour or is it just some hunch you have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

According to their twitter feed it has something to do with the letter H. So...

High Voltage Festival? (Which is in, or close to, Hackney which is close-ish to where Mr Harris comes from!).

Or else Adrian's off again. Or they've re-released Silver & Gold on re-mastered CD :)

Advertisement