Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything Maiden

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The Prisoner is one of my favourite Maiden tracks and doesn't get played nearly enough as it should.

No Wrathchild either which is good. Not that I don't like it, I'm just sick of hearing it in every tour. Killers is a much better choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

That's not the setlist as such, that's the tracklisting from Maiden England. And the press release doesn't actually suggest if they're re-releasing Maiden England (I was hoping we'd see it on DVD with 'Early Days Part 3' but that could still happen I suppose).

Hopefully we'll get a gig here next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

I read its gonna be 2 thirds of the original set list with some surprizes thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

True ...... better not drop Still Life or Wasted Years :(

RayCon wrote: »
    True ...... better not drop Still Life or Wasted Years :(

I've seen them 6 times and they've only played Wasted Years once! And that was when H wasn't even in the band...

I could live without them doing 'Iron Maiden' though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭breffni666

As long as they keep Infinite Dreams, don't think it was ever played on any subsequent tours, a tour de force!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

The Clairvoyant never really worked for me. It stayed in the setlist for years. Can't wait to hear The Prisoner live.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Yup i really hope they play The Prisoner, one of my favourite Maiden tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

ush wrote: »
    The Clairvoyant never really worked for me. It stayed in the setlist for years. Can't wait to hear The Prisoner live.

+1 on the Prisoner, phenomenal track. I wouldn't mind if they replaced The Clairvoyant with Only the Good Die Young, a very much underrated track imo.

I'd love to see Sanctuary brought back instead of Running Free as well, I always felt it was a better closing track.

Also it would be great to see a track out of left field that they've not done live like Deja Vu, thats such a good track and its been completely ignored by Maiden.

I think you might see Heaven Can Wait dropped from the original set list ... not sure Brucie could still hit that ... I wouldn't mind if they did and replaced it with :

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Heaven Can Wait was reintroduced to the setlist in recent years and Bruce defo can still sing it. It also popped up on the Flight 666 live album/blu ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Kess73 wrote: »
    Heaven Can Wait was reintroduced to the setlist in recent years and Bruce defo can still sing it.

We do most of the singing on Heaven Can Wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Whooo-ooooo-ooo

Whooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooooo-ooo

Whooo-ooooo-ooo

Whooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooooo-ooo

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭S Line

MAIDEN ENGLAND marks the third chapter in the History of Iron Maiden, a journey which began in 2004 with The Early Days DVD and subsequent 2005 Early Days Tour. Part Two followed in 2008 with the Live After Death DVD - the seminal 1984 concert recorded at Long Beach Arena (L.A) during the World Slavery Tour - and the band embarking on their groundbreaking Somewhere Back In Time World Tour 2008/9, which saw them play to over two million fans in almost 40 countries.

Does anybody reckon by reading this that there will be a re-issue of 'Maiden England' with 'the history of iron maiden part 3' included

DVD/Blueray with a cd/digital download/usb stick ??

I have the VHS at home but no VCR anymore to play it on !!!

S Line wrote: »
    MAIDEN ENGLAND

Does anybody reckon by reading this that there will be a re-issue of 'Maiden England' with 'the history of iron maiden part 3' included

I think that's definitely going to happen. It's just a matter of when

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

For those that have Sky Arts tv station at home,they're showing a couple of Maiden Live shows over the next few days.

Live after Death is on Friday night at 23.30,repeated Saturday morning at 10.50

Rock In Rio is on at 16.20 today,can't see a repeat for it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

lord lucan wrote: »
    Rock In Rio is on at 16.20 today,can't see a repeat for it unfortunately.
    It was on last night and I never thought it would be repeated so peeved that I'm missing to today!

Can't wait for Friday night as it'll be early 80s Maiden which is my favourite.

Someone's uploaded the bonus disc (Behind the Beast) from the En Vivo DVD onto Youtube. It's got Spanish subtitles but well worth a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bb2VwBR_fU

In hindsight it's obvious I suppose considering the space in a plane but I didn't realise they sourced all the lights and PA locally at each gig so seeing the problems that caused occasionally was interesting.

US tour starts tonight, based on this evidence they could be sticking farily rigidly to the original Maiden England set (not a bad thing!)

http://www.ironmaiden.com/the-countdown-begins.html

peter1892 wrote: »
    US tour starts tonight, based on this evidence they could be sticking farily rigidly to the original Maiden England set (not a bad thing!)

http://www.ironmaiden.com/the-countdown-begins.html

Good video. I really hope this tour comes to Ireland next year on its european leg. The prisoner is my favourite maiden song so I'd go to see that alone!

• Advertisement

Set list is very strong bar a glaring omission but its been played to death I suppose so it needs a break. 5 tracks from SSoSS and a nice mix of tunes. I came to Maiden on this album but not the tour so I will be made up when it gets over here next summer. Download anyone?

breffni666 wrote: »
    Set list is very strong bar a glaring omission but its been played to death I suppose so it needs a break. 5 tracks from SSoSS and a nice mix of tunes. I came to Maiden on this album but not the tour so I will be made up when it gets over here next summer. Download anyone?

I'm a bit disappointed in the set list to be honest. No Infinite Dreams for starters and Still Life which was there in 88 would have been good to hear. I would have expected at least a couple from Somewhere in Time as that was from the same era but only Wasted Years is there. And why on earth are they playing Afraid to Shoot Strangers?

Good to see Phantom making an appearance though!

I'm a bit disappointed in the set list to be honest. No Infinite Dreams for starters and Still Life which was there in 88 would have been good to hear. I would have expected at least a couple from Somewhere in Time as that was from the same era but only Wasted Years is there. And why on earth are they playing Afraid to Shoot Strangers?

Good to see Phantom making an appearance though!

Although no Infinite Dreams Seventh Son more than makes up for it. Agree with u on Afraid, that'll be the time for a drink break. There prob wont be a greatest of the 90s so Afraid is a sop to it. Would have liked more from Somewhere in Time but remember SSoSS was the major international breakthrough for Maiden and their most successful commercial album so they'd have to play a good few from it. On balance it a good set, you could argue to drop a couple from SSoSS and add a few from SIT but that would be about it for changes imo.

breffni666 wrote: »

Although no Infinite Dreams Seventh Son more than makes up for it. Agree with u on Afraid, that'll be the time for a drink break. There prob wont be a greatest of the 90s so Afraid is a sop to it. Would have liked more from Somewhere in Time but remember SSoSS was the major international breakthrough for Maiden and their most successful commercial album so they'd have to play a good few from it. On balance it a good set, you could argue to drop a couple from SSoSS and add a few from SIT but that would be about it for changes imo.

I know they'd never do it as its a nostalgia tour but I wouldn't mind if they missed TNOTB, Trooper, RTTH

I know they'd never do it as its a nostalgia tour but I wouldn't mind if they missed TNOTB, Trooper, RTTH

Those were the songs that broke Maiden in the States so they have to play them there. Its like asking AC/DC to not play Rosie, Let there be Rock and High Voltage!

Interesting setlist - not least for that glaring omission!

But - they've changed setlists before, back in 2010 they alternated a few songs in the earlier shows until they were happy with the set.

I wish they'd drop 'Iron Maiden' myself...not gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thought they dropped Evil That Men Do for a few seconds there. Standard enough setlist, can imagine one or two slight variations over the net few gigs to get s better picture of the rest of the tour.

No Still Life which was there in 88

:( mega disappointment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Think it's a great setlist myself. Have only seen Maiden twice, the most recent dates in dublin and belfast and would love to hear more of the earlier stuff which I do prefer. As soon as they announce UK dates, i'm going to grab a ticket and if they do a date here as well all the better! A slot at Download 2013 would be nice as I really enjoyed it this year and will almost certainly be going again next year if the lineup is even a fraction as good as this year.

• Advertisement

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Think it's a great setlist myself. Have only seen Maiden twice, the most recent dates in dublin and belfast and would love to hear more of the earlier stuff which I do prefer. As soon as they announce UK dates, i'm going to grab a ticket and if they do a date here as well all the better! A slot at Download 2013 would be nice as I really enjoyed it this year and will almost certainly be going again next year if the lineup is even a fraction as good as this year.

I think Download is a given as its the 25th anniversary of SSoSS and their biggest ever UK show at Doni in 88. Slane with Priest b4hand anyone?

Advertisement