Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kick-ASS the movie.Bad for your health?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

Torakx wrote: »
    I was being overly polite to you diogenes in an attempt to appealto your mature or rational side.You still appear to be agrressive and i said i MAY have missed the subtext.Please try and read or account for all the words i am putting down in a sentence you wish to insult me with.

I guess there is no reasoning with some people.Reason has gone out the window with you.
    You spent most of your posts in this thread talking about another subject and focusing on a comic book that has nothing to do with the contents in the movies effects on the mind and human behaviour.

No I'm asking you to explain how movies affect human behaviour.

The relationship between the Father and Daughter is exactly the same in the comic as in the movie
    So lets see what you have contributed for the last few posts....ok had a look appears to be a mix of confusion and more personal insults towards myself.Not a very mature young man are you?Does your teacher in school get the same amount of stick too?

So you're trying to maintain the moral high ground while claimingI'm a school boy.

This is your cake Torak. You can have it, or eat, but you can't do both.

Im not getting worked up about this movie or any other.
    It seems its you who are getting over excited and throwing insults at every pass.
    I have agreed already i MAY have missed the subtext regarding the realtionship with the daughter and father although i seriously doubt this,

You "MAY" have missed the subtext of a film you haven't seen?

Why oh why isn't there a facepalm smilie?

i will be fair to the movie and actually look more into it.It just happens that i am not in a position to get a hold of the movie so easily right now.
    the trailers already contain the points i was making over this whole thread and all i will be doing is seeing if this pattern is maintained throughout the movie.

HOW ABOUT YOU STOP POSTING ON THE DAMN THREAD, WATCH THE MOVIE AND GET BACK TO US.
    Im told by people here it isnt so will try soon as i can to look into it.
    With all that said do you have any intention of adding to this discussion or will you be continueing to throw insults at me in every thread you find me posting? Id appreciate an honest answer as i am near the stage where you are not worth listening to due to a lack of knowledge of th topics discussed and general confusion.

You started a thread about the subtext of a movie, that you didn't know was based on a comic book, and you've read neither. You blither on about how subliminal messages are within films but then don't explain how, or why.

And my lack of knowledge is hindering the debate?
    Im not trying to insult you as much as i am tired of trying to appeal to your mature side.
    As patient as i am i also have limits lol so make a choice please.
    Speak to me in a civil manor or dont speak to me at all.

Or what?

get a room lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Its ok i cant see his posts anymore.
    Anyway back on topic.I will watch the movie asap and come back with more comments.
    does anyone know if its illegal to cut sections of a movie out and post them on youtube.
    Think i need to leave some disclaimer or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

It hasnt been released on DVD yet so how will you cut scenes out of the film?

Its ok i cant see his posts anymore.
    Anyway back on topic.I will watch the movie asap and come back with more comments.
    does anyone know if its illegal to cut sections of a movie out and post them on youtube.
    Think i need to leave some disclaimer or something.

No no studios actually just freakin love that. And a disclaimer totally works.

Incidentally whats the disclaimer going to be "please I'm putting this up on youtube because I think the film has subliminal messages that encourage pedophilia?"

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

I guess people will just have to be patient and maybe research what im talking about in the mean time if they are curious enough.
    Il try find out in the mean time how i could go about cutting and posting a vid on youtube or somewhere for people to see.
    I have a feeling its not going to be easy or legal and maybe not worth the hassle just to please what appears to be on average negative critic that will not change anyway.
    Someday i should do a compilation of threads and studies,news articles etc that covers all the stuff i have been posting about in other threads too about suggstion,subliminals and advertising etc.
    Would be epic lol

Interesting vid BB.
    I do see alot of this engineering in movies.Some say its a reflection of life and not made to create said scenarios,but i would say that propoganda and extreme or riske movies regardless of the intent are degrading society,maintaining the status quo at the least and ye i could see it would start in the home when a tv is involved.This for me is highlighted by the news story of that smalltown in Tibet that was one of the last remote areas to get satelite tv.The whole place apparently went boom with crime sprees of all kinds(80% increase).Im sure i posted this article in this thread.And hopefully it was kept in mind as people read further.

Dont know if Kick Ass is a social engineering movie though.Its possible just people with disturbed minds or desensitized to child abuse like violence,abusive speech and possibly sexual inneundo or double entendre are creating and expressing what is embedded in their imagination etc.
    I still solidly believe it has an effect much like the example of Tibet only one film isnt enough its a bombardmaent of behavioural conditioning.Be it intentional or not it appears to me to be happening.

You dont know if its a social egineering movie because you havent bloody watched it.

You dont know if its a social egineering movie because you havent bloody watched it.
    Yes i did say that but without the bloody part.Hence the "I dont know if" part of my post.Infact if you read through the whole thread i clearly stated many times i dont want to go into the whole CT of social engineering or illuminatti...yet.
    There was a reason i said yet also.
    I try to say exactly what i mean and ussually hope people read exactly what i write.Sometimes both sides mess up.
    But why the aggression or intolerance whichi believe is mistaken or misplaced in this case.I dont understand why people need to be like this.If you dissagree its fine to state exactly why what i am saying is not possibly true.
    I do my very best tosearch for informationrelated to this soi can both understand more myself and bring it to others who have not got the time or will to search.
    If its frustrating people they maybe should ignore me using the forum panel on my profile page.I dont insult of get agressive with any other person on this forum or other peoples threads,maybe a little bit when i am pushed to my limits even then i am moderatly polite.
    I respect its a conspiracy theory forum and that alot of conspiracy theories will be made up of theories.
    I believe i have brought alot of circumstantial and arguably plain evidence of what i have posted about.
    I havent seen much from my agressors or people dissagreeing with me.
    Only that they restate it was made from a comic..or they dont see what im talking about etc.Those are fair enough i guess.I just would appreciate even more if people could show me why i am wrong?
    Since i cant get a hold of the movie how about for now we focus on behaviour and suggestion and how it works with the mind especally when watching TV.
    I have posted many links and articles about this and have had no real response or analysis or intelligent discussion on the possibilities of these being true or not.

I think you should watch "Leon" like somebody suggested. Just be prepared for a mental break down.

Very good film though.

• Advertisement

I think you should watch "Leon" like somebody suggested. Just be prepared for a mental break down.

Very good film though.
    LOL funny :D
    I actually have watched "Leon" but it was many years ago and i was a blind ignorant person back then if im totally honest.I would not have seen much then as i was a person who was very unaware of myself or my surroundings.I put this down to mind control and brainwashing in the religion i was in for the most part.And also i had no clue something malicious could ever be there since i just simply didnt think about things in general as much as i do now.
    Thanks for the suggestion though.I might watch it again,i remember i thought it was a very good and moving film but i did think it a little disturbing at the same time.
    Maybe creepy is the word cant really remember exactly how i felt about it i would have ben about 18-21 back then i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

WARNING this post is probably not suitable to be viewed by children/at work,as some of the video footage and discussion is of an adult nature and touches on some social taboo's.

In an age where pedophilia is still unacceptable to most i think it is important sometimes to be aware of the nature of the content society is soaking up.

I will be taking for granted that most viewing this will be aware that children and teenagers are much more likely to be influenced by movies and tv in general.Due to their curiousity and willingness to act out roles for fun.
    I personally have experience of this as i used to as a child re enact fighting scenes or pretend to be something i had seen on tv.
    This imo can carry on into late adult hood depending i think on how self aware people are,especially of their actions and the effect they have on others and their enviornment.

Heres an introduction to Hit-Girl (the original name for the movie but had to be changed.Ive read somewhere Hit-Girl is a word used in pedophile rings for a targeted girl,wiltry confirm that later if asked to,as google isnt helping me on that issue right now).
    Warning this video contains bad language.

In that video above,id like people to notice some of the violent and sexual inuendos and comments in relation to this girl, her big daddy and other gansters she kills and maims.Also if bad language is still offensive to some people then it may be a little moreso from an 11 year old actress(at the time of filming).

The next clip is a short one of Big Daddy training his daughter Hit-Girl to be prepared for her later work.He is her mentor and father it appears and is important in her training.

Some excerpts from this scene.Id like people to read the vocal side of this scene before watching it to understand how double suggestion works and that while the video itself captures the conscious mind the vocal word(and also images too) can been seen in many lights by the subconscious i believe.You can argue with me on that one later.As subliminal suggestion would be involved in that topic.

Hitgirl: Daddy im scared.

Bigdaddy: Come on Mindy..honey.Be a big girl now,theres nothing to be afraid of.

Hitgirl: Is it gonna hurt bad?

Bigdaddy: Oh child.Only for a second sugar.(some dialog missing here for as irelevant to my point)

Hitgirl: I hate getting punched in the chest.

Bigdaddy: Your gonna be fine! babydoll......How was that? Not so bad? Kinda fun huh?....Now you know how it feels..you wont be scared when some chunky asshole pulls a glock.

Hitgirl: I wouldnt have been scared anyways.

Bigdaddy: Thats my girl.Ok up you get,two more rounds and then home.

Hitgirl: Again!?

Bigdaddy: aha.(as a yes tone)

Hitgirl: Only if i can go to the bowling alley on the way back..and iscream after(yes im aware of that spelling mistake,but i write it the way it sounds when pronounced on film).

Bigdaddy: uh..ok!...Two more rounds...No wincing,no whining....and you got yourself a deal young lady!

hitgirl: Yeah! Im gonna get hotfudge sunday.

Bigdaddy: Good call babydoll!

Question: Would you want your kids taking in this kind of suggestion?

Especially if its shown in a positive seemingly socially accepted light as its in a movie it must be acceptable on some level.This is my idea of the reflection of a persons internal subconscious thoughts.

So anyway i will let you make your own conclusions from the video.Its obvious what the directors etc ment the scene to mean from watching the video.But i have to wonder do they realise the effects this may have on kids subconsciously? Also adults too i might add.

Last video i promise for this post anyway :P

2:10 mins into it is a pretty vulgur phalic comment from the 11 year old which i thought relevant to this post.Mainly to ask, should an 11 year old character in any situation ever have carnel knowledge of this nature.

My summary and im guessing it might be longer than i ussually first imagine is as follows.
    I posted this because i would like people to be aware of the suggestion that is being used in movies to degrade societies moral principals/standards.
    There are CT's about this claiming its the zionists trying to degrade American society and i think there was a thread recently with info and a video from an ex russian spy or soemthign similar who explained how the need to destroy morals is part of the plan when taking over a country or state etc.
    I am not here to discuss zionists as i think another thread can be more suitable.Maybe the Edward Norton one.

My worry is that movies like this could have an effect especially when the technique is carried on in many movies and cartoons that young people will be watching and i have shown how their guard will be down when watching tv many times when posting about the effects of tv in regards your critical thinking faculties amongs other things.
    This movie looks like a tool that pedophiles might like to use for their/other kids to subtly(in this case not so much!) coerce their minds to be more open to the idea of everything that would entail.
    Id like to refer you to the dialog i posted above of the second video for an example of what i mean.
    To see the conspiracy that it is actually quite dominant in kids programming you will have to understand and research what i have been talking about in other movies and even kids programs.Programs and movies are a form of social programming if you consider the fact people do take in social activities of every kind they see on the tv and sometimes emulate it as a form of expression or for other reasons.

Do we want more kids to be expressing themsleves in this manor?

Do we want teenage males to associate this child Hit-Girl as a girl or symbol of a girl that they could hit on?

Do we want older males in the Nicholas Cage range to be having this relationship or even subconsciously ever consider it for their children or even those children around them that may fall under the category or reference as similar subconsciously.

These are the questions i would like people to consider and take away from this thread.I hope to protect a few more kids by trying to get through to their parents especially to be aware of pedophilia in general and that it is quite possible as ive shown and others too that the media can be a tool for pedophiles or imo even to create them as well as many other criminal activities purely by subtle suggestion when speaking to the subconscious.

To people who might be posting to support the movie industry or some of the people involved in making this film and many others.I will say i think the film itself as a comedy looks pretty funny in parts.Im sure the movie is enjoyabl and am not insinuating in this post that the director purposefully put in this content in such a manor as tocause the effects i described.
    I will state now that i feel this is a possible consequence of material like this and wether it is being done on purpose in many movies, i leave up to each individual here.

So if nothing else catches anyones fancy comment wise il pose again the thread topic as a question.

Do you think Kick-Ass the movie is bad for your/others/kids health?

Ps. In case im accused of giving advice or anything.I am just asking questions.

Way too much time on your hands.

Yep i certainly do! lol
    It is irritating but i spend most of it not sitting around wasting my time watching tv etc.
    Ussually do research or browse online or go out for a walk :)
    So ye i do have alot of time to research this where others may not.

The reason i spend so much of my time looking up about different topics is because i used to be extremely ignorant(on many levels) and i am ashamed of myself so much that i vowed i would stop wasting my life with silly distractions and educate myself about the world and how it works.
    To be honest i wish i had done it sooner when i was around 18-21.My life would have been much happier.

Yep i certainly do! lol
    It is irritating but i spend most of it not sitting around wasting my time watching tv etc.
    Ussually do research or browse online or go out for a walk :)
    So ye i do have alot of time to research this where others may not.

The reason i spend so much of my time looking up about different topics is because i used to be extremely ignorant(on many levels) and i am ashamed of myself so much that i vowed i would stop wasting my life with silly distractions and educate myself about the world and how it works.
    To be honest i wish i had done it sooner when i was around 18-21.My life would have been much happier.

Good stuff I guess, keep the head busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

bryaner wrote: »
    Way too much time on your hands.
    Is that really needed?

humanji wrote: »
    Is that really needed?

No, apologies

lol lets just put it down to insightful sarcasm, no harm done :D

I shouldnt bump this without adding to the topic or peeps will start being annoyed for clicking to see nothing much.

Lets see what i can find to add to it a little.
    Heres a little more info on the Double Entendre which is a little relevant to subliminal suggestion except it isnt subliminal in a vocalized sense anyway i think.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DoubleEntendre
    Shrek's line "Do you think maybe he's compensating for something?", upon seeing Lord Faarquad's towering castle, could both be interpreted as Faarquad compensating for his height or... something else. Of course, "Lord Faarquad" itself sounds like something else entirely...
    In the same manner a double entendre works we can see that people will assume certain meanings or even 2 or 3 different meanings in the same sentence and still be conscious of it.

As i showed with advertising earlier the unconscious mind is aware of 80% of what is going on around you and the conscious mind that you are aware of, is taking in the other 20% with the average person.I believe we can enhance this 20% to a higher number by being more self aware and looking at adverts,movies,music with a mind to what they are passing to our unconscious.
    While the main focus of a person watching a movie or tv will be on the characters,the main plot,relationships etc the unconscious mind will be busy taking in the other 80% of what is in your surroundings as well as pictures in the background of the movie that you would not normally notice and other things like this.Because a television causes a trance like state i think it is even more effective.
    I think also in that 80% the double entendre works especially well with taboo subjects or anything the viewer may not be interested in viewing.(like the diet coke advertising on cans mentioned in the advertising link i used before....you read some of it right? :D)
    This is where i see a possible issue with the mind taking in information and creating a basis for your view of reality,based on everything you experience and if 80% goes in and we are not even aware of it then how would we know if it effects us directly.
    I think it would take a long period of time and multiple viewings to create a solid effect though.

lol lets just put it down to insightful sarcasm, no harm done :D

I shouldnt bump this without adding to the topic or peeps will start being annoyed for clicking to see nothing much.

Lets see what i can find to add to it a little.
    Heres a little more info on the Double Entendre which is a little relevant to subliminal suggestion except it isnt subliminal in a vocalized sense anyway i think.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DoubleEntendre

In the same manner a double entendre works we can see that people will assume certain meanings or even 2 or 3 different meanings in the same sentence and still be conscious of it.

As i showed with advertising earlier the unconscious mind is aware of 80% of what is going on around you and the conscious mind that you are aware of, is taking in the other 20% with the average person.I believe we can enhance this 20% to a higher number by being more self aware and looking at adverts,movies,music with a mind to what they are passing to our unconscious.
    While the main focus of a person watching a movie or tv will be on the characters,the main plot,relationships etc the unconscious mind will be busy taking in the other 80% of what is in your surroundings as well as pictures in the background of the movie that you would not normally notice and other things like this.Because a television causes a trance like state i think it is even more effective.
    I think also in that 80% the double entendre works especially well with taboo subjects or anything the viewer may not be interested in viewing.(like the diet coke advertising on cans mentioned in the advertising link i used before....you read some of it right? :D)
    This is where i see a possible issue with the mind taking in information and creating a basis for your view of reality,based on everything you experience and if 80% goes in and we are not even aware of it then how would we know if it effects us directly.
    I think it would take a long period of time and multiple viewings to create a solid effect though.

Fantastic, he's discovered the double entendre, someone stops him before he discovers that it's the basic fountain of British Comedic Cinema of the 1960s and 70s. Your head will explode.

What are you trying to say, that kids shouldn't watch Shrek because the film makers realised that half their audience are parents and dropped in the odd joke to keep them amused?

Or that kids films should be entirely wholesome and not sinister or dark in anyway and hollywood are corrupting our youth?

Have you read any of the Grimm's fairy tales? Do you even grasp how bizarre and bubble like your argument is?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

Very good film though.

Leon, brilliant film! And just gotta say I know we don't agree on many things here, but just finished watching Kick-Ass and well, maybe i was 'mind controlled' by the 'subliminals' or whatever but i really enjoyed it! Good fun, seriously, I don't think there was anything pervy about it or any such thing. I'll take that back what I said about references to MKULTRA too. Sure, perhaps, perhaps, but after watching it all the way through I personally think not.

Yeah it's violent and has strong language and so on, and that's why it's not a kid's film, and fair enough.

And sure the Hit-Girl character's supposed to be only 11, but personally, whether she's 11 or 111, she only does in that film what many dream about doing daily to the scumbags running the show in real life so hey, fair play to them for giving us another psychic elemental to let loose on their arses! :D The more the merrier.

And no doubt the graphic novel's gotta be better, going by some of the posts here (and what they did to V for Vendetta and don't get me started on Watchmen!) but seriously guys, it is what it is I reckon; just a film and not all that disturbing, all told. Leastways I don't think I'll be losing any sleep over this one.

Valhalla Rising though ... hmmm, different story. Highly recommend it to all who can stomach a serious dose of surreal 12th century barbarity. Beautifully shot too.

Though ... can someone please upload the clip when she storms Domingo's office - fukking class!!!

hehehe, well anyway, Kick-Ass actually put me in a good mood. See how long that lasts ...

• Advertisement

Thanks for the post.Much appreciated.
    I will watch it soon as i can.
    Will also be watching Leon aswell soon :D
    I dont mean to get people all flustered and excited about this.
    Just another topic imo and i could post things here that would really excite people or make their skin crawl, but i know most would not be able to handle it,i am very realistic in my thoughts and dont find taboo subjects as much a turn off, if its something that is affecting other people in the world i feel its my duty to myself not to be ignorant of its happening(like abductions and such).Too much detail on what happens in this world can effect some people very negatively and it takes a balanced mind iwould guess to handle the havy stuff and not let it get to you.
    If anything i am doing the movie producers a favour with my advertising of its "evil nature".That is partly what they were aiming for when realising this movie i would think.Same for some music videos.Its kind of a popular thing to add symbolism in for those who pay attention to it.

Like the double entendre post i think the allseeing eye and other similar symbolism is put into movies to add another facet for people who are very aware.
    What i think also happens is there is a level that is so subtle that it only leaves us with a hint of an idea unconsciously.When its reaffirmed in many areas then i think it is embedded properly.So i dont think KickAss is eviland nobody should watch it.
    I actually think its more important for people to educate themselves about symbolism in general.Its how the corperations and movie makers advertise and manipulate society for making money for example.And the more we know about symbolism the less hidden themes bypass the conscious and get embeded in the unconscious.

Anyone seen "The Lovely Bones"?
    somebody asked me the other night while chatting what thatwas about.
    I didnt say anything at first..others pointed out it was about a kidnapping and murder of a child.but the person who asked me had also read the book so i was extra curious now.
    For me that movie was also about ritual sacrifice.
    If you watch the movie carefully its very very easy to spot the owl symbolism and i think there might of been some other things that spoke volumes.
    My point is that person had watched the movie and read the book but had no idea or didnt even remember anything about owls.This is what i man about keeping an eye open for symbolism.Its there and there was no other reason to show an owl before the killing except that it was symbolic.
    But i seem to be one of the few people i know personally that sees this often in movies.I still wonder if there was any mention of the owl statue ornament in the book.If not it means the director put the owl in as his own addition adding another layer to the story.If the book then i would say the idea was the writers originally.
    Alot of movies i would imagine have an extra symbolic meaning on top of the books original.

ps sorry for my spelling and the broken spacebar! lol. also the owl represents Molok imo.the same one supposedly worshipped in Bavarian grove.

Thing is about symbolism ... well for instance, the 'all seeing eye' did not originally have the negative connotations CTers give it these days, originally it was symbolic of spiritual awakening - much the same as 'Illuminati' originally meant 'enlightenment' and not a sinister secret society hell-bent on world domination, etc.

In fact the first (correct me if not accurate) historical mention of 'Illuminati' was in reference to a society of peaceful freethinkers who surfaced in 12th century Spain, 'Los Alumbrados', and later again in the 16th century, after being brutally suppressed by the Catholic Church.

Seems to me that yes, there are sinister organisations at work in the film industry, and in advertising, politics etc, who have taken or usurped otherwise benign and positive symbols for themselves. The swastika is a classic example. The serpent is another (as in kundalini). Symbols are only as good or as bad as the things they represent.

Subliminal messaging though, that's been proven to work and is a very serious subject, imo ... and must say again, i really did enjoy that Kick-Ass film! :)

Well i got a lend of it at last and watched it tonight.
    Its not as good as i was expecting it to be considering the ratings it got.
    For what its worth i didnt see anything throughout the movie that changes anything i have posted previously.
    I still think all the same still applies and i saw more reason and messed up things on top of that.
    It was stated in a conversation i think between Bigdaddy and his mate who is a cop that Big daddy made her new lifestyle into a game for her.
    Later on when she is storming the hotel she uses nightvision goggles and the camera is used in a way that makes it look exactly like a game.Even with the view of the hand and the gun emptying clips and reloading reminded me so much of pc and xbox fps games.
    Nobody saw that part?
    Its bad enough what i saw in the trailers then i see the other side of it.
    Glorified violence linked to games for a short time and at the end the poor girl is given a right beating a man stamping i think it was on her face,cant quite remember the detail.
    In the end i am not offended by it in the slightest.
    I just think its a terrible example for impressionable people.Some are less impressionable than others but to be honest i see people emulating films and tv so much these days why would this be any different.
    If anyone is letting their kids or teenagers watch this and later finds them stamping on their little sisters face you know where it came from :p
    Did nobody really find it strange that an 11 year old girl would make a joke about her version of the bat signal being a giant c%ck when asked how to get in touch?
    Probably silly of me to ask that last question but il leave it in there as food for thought.
    Id give it a generous 4/10 for entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I didn't find the cocksignal bit strange, I found it funny.

I get what you're saying about impressionable youngsters, but they are not the movies target audience. They shouldn't be watching this if they are below the age limit. I really don't see the problem here

You say if someone ends up stamping on their sisters head, its because of this movie. But if they are not old enough to understand the consequences of doing that, then their parents should not have let them watch the movie

This movie is not for kids. It may be a comic book movie and really colourful and stuff, but it is not for kids. Yes, the 11 year old said their signal would be in the shape of a cock. Because this was written by adults for adults. It is a joke.

To be honest, I think you watched the movie with the wrong mindset. You watched it trying to spot these things. You didn't view it as it should have been viewed, as an entertaining comic book movie for adults.

I agree, kids should not watch this movie because some of them are impressionable and may try to emulate some elements of the film. But it's more than that. Kids should not watch this movie because it is not a kids movie. Does every over-15s film have to look like Schindlers List to put children off?

I know people 25 and over who still imitate movies and things they see on tv.They are not kids but just immature.I dont think they are alone either.
    The part about stamping on their sisters head was an exaggeration.Because i know it wont have that sudden effect.Although i have seen others in early to mid twenties getting a bit serious over UFC with each other for an example.
    I just think that the movie is way too immature to be aimed at adults and just right to be entertaining for younger audiences(or very impressionable adults) who will no doubt watch it under age in some homes when its sitting there.
    I understand alot of posters here do not agree with me.
    But i feel better for at least having said it.
    Teenagers and impressionable adults alike should not be viewing an 11 year old girl as an adult.I think that is my main issue with this movie and reason for posting.

Paddyirishman85 id like to ask you if you noticed the video game style fighting scene with night vision?
    While it might have been a novelty i think it shows that the child doing the killing is playing a game.
    Thats kind of disturbing to me.Either she is consciously killing people or she believes she is playing a game.It seems there is a hint or two in the movie that its all a game to her.
    Transfering maybe to the audience that all that you are seeing is fun and just a game(brutal violence included with sexual references).
    This makes it easier to accept when it happens in real life.Imo much like soldiers are desensitized or trained to accept what is happenning in war when killing other soldiers or civilians.
    I dont just put the blame on this film.I see it everywhere.
    Friend of mine was playing an xbox game recently.I walked into the room and he was in an airport shooting hundreds of civilians as part of a cia type terrorist mission.Thats an extreme example of the influence im conscious of.It all goes into our heads when we watch or participate and some experts reckon roughly 80% of that is unconscious as in we do not know its even there.Leaving 20% of the brains capacity to take in what we are conscious of.

I noticed the bit with the game view and see your point. But that isn't a subtle thing. It is a game to her. She's been brought up from a young age to believe that violence like that is okay. You said it in the post before that, Big Daddys cop friend said that its like a game for her. Because she is young and impressionable. But again, people of her age are not the target audience. It isn't a comic book movie like Spiderman or the early Batman films. It is an adult comedy film with superhero overtones.

With regards the video game you mentioned, I have played that too. A bit of background, you play an American soldier undercover with Russian terrorists. You start in an elevator, then the doors open, and the other terrorists start shooting the civilians.

Heres the thing though. I didn't shoot the civilians. I fired over their heads to make it look like I was shooting them, but I didn't hit any of them. I didnt know if the game would reward me or even notice that I'd done that, but I didn't want to shoot them. Same with many other people I talked to who played it. Some of them shot one or two but regretted doing so. Some shot loads but said that walking around with all the dead bodies on the ground was harrowing. The purpose was to show the ruthlessness of the opposition. But it wasn't some sort of propaganda or subliminal messaging, because the real bad guy turned out to be an American.

And not only was that game rated 18, but there was also a warning at the beginning of the game saying that there would be one part of the game which could be traumatic for some and you could skip that level, and you wouldn't be penalised.

I don't know I I'm conscious of 20% or whatever, all I know is that before I played the game, I never had any urge to kill anyone. After playing the game, that hasn't changed. Because even though I knew it was a game and that there would be no consequences to shooting all those people, I still know that it is wrong. If anybody does emulate what they saw in Kick Ass or what they played in a game, then there was already something fundamentally wrong with them to begin with.

There is a great episode of Penn an Teller: Bullsh*t relating to video game violence. Season 7 episode 3. It's a good watch if you get the chance. P&T are fairly one-sided with their own opinions, and all the cursing and name calling is just so they don't get sued, but that episode is really good

• Advertisement

Ye i saw that Pen and Teller.To be honest some of the stuff they cover is false imo but im sure video game violence alone is not responsible for the things its blamed on.I think violence and lack of apathy towards it stems from many sittings with all kinds of material.
    While you may have avoided killing all those people in the airport my friend had a great laugh killing everyone! lol
    I was kind of like "dude thats messed up" he was like "hahah woo"
    Now he plays alot more violent games like GTA, red dead redemption etc etc so i could see it possible he is well used to shooting innocents in game.He does realise the difference between game and reality.But i reckon there is a part in the back of our heads that equates this with life outside the box we saw it on.
    Part of that 80% i was talking about.
    With regards to Kick Ass the last people i would want to be seeing an 11 year old child as an adult or late teen is adults and late teens themselves.
    The saving grace is that this isnt common place so the effect imo is minimal.

With regards to Kick Ass the last people i would want to be seeing an 11 year old child as an adult or late teen is adults and late teens themselves.
    The saving grace is that this isnt common place so the effect imo is minimal.

Exactly. I'm not denying that even people in their late teens might be affected negatively by this film or others like it. But I did watch some things and play some games which were not age appropriate for me. But as that episode of Penn & Teller said, it is up to the parent to decide what is appropriate for their child. It is up to them to ensure that their child would not be negatively affected by what they see.

And thats why I don't think that Kick Ass is "bad for your health". There was a lot of controversy over the film due to the violence and language from Hit Girl. So if the parents decided to let their children watch it it should only be because they know that the children will not take things the wrong way. Age doesn't equal maturity.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

All I know is that before this thread, I had no interest in watching the movie. But purely because of this thread, I watched it.

Maybe Torakx is bad for your health? ;)

Good point about age and maturity i think thats very true indeed.
    Its unfortunate that most media these days promotes immaturity especially in 30-40 year range it seems to me.Going by movies anyway.
    Well it was a good run and i guess i covered most of what i can with the actual effects especially in the earlier pages and advertising techniques.
    I had planned on focusing on the effects and leaving the illuminatti symbolism till later.But upon watching the trailers and whole film i didnt see too much symbolism at all.
    Kick Ass'es girl friend had a liking for butterflies but i would need a bit more than that to pin the tail on the donkey :)
    So i guess for now there is no sign of illuminatti references.I only watched it once so it is easy to miss them when you are distracted.But it seems there wasnt a whole lot as i think i would have spotted them.
    The possble ones i did see where certainly not enough to warrant them being symbolism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭campo

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but I saw this movie for the 1st time last night and I was disgusted, I am not into conspiracy theories but I also thought the hit girl / big daddy has some peadophile under tones to it,so much so I even felt uncomfortable watching it plus the language and violence that she was a part of I found disturbing how could makers get away with this.

Over all would give it a big thumbs down and very disapointed by the makers and distrubuters of this movie.

• Advertisement

WARNING this post is probably not suitable to be viewed by children/at work,as some of the video footage and discussion is of an adult nature and touches on some social taboo's.

In an age where pedophilia is still unacceptable to most i think it is important sometimes to be aware of the nature of the content society is soaking up.

I will be taking for granted that most viewing this will be aware that children and teenagers are much more likely to be influenced by movies and tv in general.Due to their curiousity and willingness to act out roles for fun.
    I personally have experience of this as i used to as a child re enact fighting scenes or pretend to be something i had seen on tv.
    This imo can carry on into late adult hood depending i think on how self aware people are,especially of their actions and the effect they have on others and their enviornment.

Heres an introduction to Hit-Girl (the original name for the movie but had to be changed.Ive read somewhere Hit-Girl is a word used in pedophile rings for a targeted girl,wiltry confirm that later if asked to,as google isnt helping me on that issue right now).
    Warning this video contains bad language.

In that video above,id like people to notice some of the violent and sexual inuendos and comments in relation to this girl, her big daddy and other gansters she kills and maims.Also if bad language is still offensive to some people then it may be a little moreso from an 11 year old actress(at the time of filming).

The next clip is a short one of Big Daddy training his daughter Hit-Girl to be prepared for her later work.He is her mentor and father it appears and is important in her training.

Some excerpts from this scene.Id like people to read the vocal side of this scene before watching it to understand how double suggestion works and that while the video itself captures the conscious mind the vocal word(and also images too) can been seen in many lights by the subconscious i believe.You can argue with me on that one later.As subliminal suggestion would be involved in that topic.

Hitgirl: Daddy im scared.

Bigdaddy: Come on Mindy..honey.Be a big girl now,theres nothing to be afraid of.

Hitgirl: Is it gonna hurt bad?

Bigdaddy: Oh child.Only for a second sugar.(some dialog missing here for as irelevant to my point)

Hitgirl: I hate getting punched in the chest.

Bigdaddy: Your gonna be fine! babydoll......How was that? Not so bad? Kinda fun huh?....Now you know how it feels..you wont be scared when some chunky asshole pulls a glock.

Hitgirl: I wouldnt have been scared anyways.

Bigdaddy: Thats my girl.Ok up you get,two more rounds and then home.

Hitgirl: Again!?

Bigdaddy: aha.(as a yes tone)

Hitgirl: Only if i can go to the bowling alley on the way back..and iscream after(yes im aware of that spelling mistake,but i write it the way it sounds when pronounced on film).

Bigdaddy: uh..ok!...Two more rounds...No wincing,no whining....and you got yourself a deal young lady!

hitgirl: Yeah! Im gonna get hotfudge sunday.

Bigdaddy: Good call babydoll!

Question: Would you want your kids taking in this kind of suggestion?

Especially if its shown in a positive seemingly socially accepted light as its in a movie it must be acceptable on some level.This is my idea of the reflection of a persons internal subconscious thoughts.

So anyway i will let you make your own conclusions from the video.Its obvious what the directors etc ment the scene to mean from watching the video.But i have to wonder do they realise the effects this may have on kids subconsciously? Also adults too i might add.

Last video i promise for this post anyway :P

2:10 mins into it is a pretty vulgur phalic comment from the 11 year old which i thought relevant to this post.Mainly to ask, should an 11 year old character in any situation ever have carnel knowledge of this nature.

My summary and im guessing it might be longer than i ussually first imagine is as follows.
    I posted this because i would like people to be aware of the suggestion that is being used in movies to degrade societies moral principals/standards.
    There are CT's about this claiming its the zionists trying to degrade American society and i think there was a thread recently with info and a video from an ex russian spy or soemthign similar who explained how the need to destroy morals is part of the plan when taking over a country or state etc.
    I am not here to discuss zionists as i think another thread can be more suitable.Maybe the Edward Norton one.

My worry is that movies like this could have an effect especially when the technique is carried on in many movies and cartoons that young people will be watching and i have shown how their guard will be down when watching tv many times when posting about the effects of tv in regards your critical thinking faculties amongs other things.
    This movie looks like a tool that pedophiles might like to use for their/other kids to subtly(in this case not so much!) coerce their minds to be more open to the idea of everything that would entail.
    Id like to refer you to the dialog i posted above of the second video for an example of what i mean.
    To see the conspiracy that it is actually quite dominant in kids programming you will have to understand and research what i have been talking about in other movies and even kids programs.Programs and movies are a form of social programming if you consider the fact people do take in social activities of every kind they see on the tv and sometimes emulate it as a form of expression or for other reasons.

Do we want more kids to be expressing themsleves in this manor?

Do we want teenage males to associate this child Hit-Girl as a girl or symbol of a girl that they could hit on?

Do we want older males in the Nicholas Cage range to be having this relationship or even subconsciously ever consider it for their children or even those children around them that may fall under the category or reference as similar subconsciously.

These are the questions i would like people to consider and take away from this thread.I hope to protect a few more kids by trying to get through to their parents especially to be aware of pedophilia in general and that it is quite possible as ive shown and others too that the media can be a tool for pedophiles or imo even to create them as well as many other criminal activities purely by subtle suggestion when speaking to the subconscious.

To people who might be posting to support the movie industry or some of the people involved in making this film and many others.I will say i think the film itself as a comedy looks pretty funny in parts.Im sure the movie is enjoyabl and am not insinuating in this post that the director purposefully put in this content in such a manor as tocause the effects i described.
    I will state now that i feel this is a possible consequence of material like this and wether it is being done on purpose in many movies, i leave up to each individual here.

So if nothing else catches anyones fancy comment wise il pose again the thread topic as a question.

Do you think Kick-Ass the movie is bad for your/others/kids health?

Ps. In case im accused of giving advice or anything.I am just asking questions.

Hi Torax. Seen this and thought of you. :)
    http://www.parentstv.org/PTC/news/release/2010/1215.asp
    LOS ANGELES (December 15, 2010) – In a new report, the Parents Television Council™ details the nature and extent of Hollywood’s obsession with sexualizing teen girls. PTC’s report, Tinseltown’s New Target: A study of Teen Female Sexualization on Primetime TV, is based on a content analysis of the most popular primetime broadcast shows among 12 to 17-year-olds during the 2009-2010 TV season. To view PTC’s full report, visit: www.parentstv.org/sexualization.

PTC found that when underage female characters appear on screen: more sexual content is depicted; the teen girls show next to no negative response to being sexualized; more sexual incidents occur outside of any form of a committed relationship; and there is less accuracy in the TV content rating.

“The results from this report show Tinseltown’s eagerness to not only objectify and fetishize young girls, but to sexualize them in such a way that real teens are led to believe their sole value comes from their sexuality. This report is less about the shocking numbers that detail the sickness of early sexualization in our entertainment culture and more about the generation of young girls who are being told how society expects them to behave,” said PTC President Tim Winter.

“Storylines on the most popular shows among teens are sending the message to our daughters that being sexualized isn’t just acceptable, it should be sought after. It is outrageous that TV executives have made it their business to profit off of programs that depict teen girls blissfully being sexualized by casual partners and only showing disapproval for being sexualized five percent of the time.
    Major Findings:

• Underage female characters are shown participating in a higher percentage of sexual depictions compared to adults (47% and 29% respectively).
    • Only 5% of the underage female characters communicated any form of dislike for being sexualized (excluding scenes depicting healthy sexuality).
    • Out of all the sexualized female characters depicted in the underage and young adult category for the entire database, 86% were presented as only being of high school age.
    • Seventy-five percent of shows that included sexualized underage female characters were shows that did not have an “S” descriptor to warn parents about the sexual content.
    • Based upon a definition established by the American Psychological Association of “healthy” vs. “unhealthy” sexuality, the study findings show that 93% of the sexual incidents involving underage female characters occurred within a context that qualified as “unhealthy.”
    • The data revealed that 98% of the sexual incidents involving underage female characters occurred outside of any form of a committed relationship.
    • The data show that 73% of the underage sexualized incidents were presented in a humorous manner or as a punch line to a joke.

Hi Torax. Seen this and thought of you. :)
    http://www.parentstv.org/PTC/news/release/2010/1215.asp

BB, just jumping in here quick now 4am style, but i seriously don't get it! There's nothing sexually attractive about that girl! And even if some people do find it sexually arousing in some way, surely they will find more ... 'satisfaction' in other (?) forms than a homicidal (fictional) character hell-bent on blood-lust revenge?

god i miss the CT threads - wish I had more time on me penny-less hands hahaha :D

Nice one BB.
    I think Kick Ass is an easy target for this article.I used that movie because it was supposed to be a no-brainer for the point i was making.
    But there are plenty of other shows and films that do this also.so i dont just confine it to this movie and its producers and director.
    Another one i watched that had weird dialogue was the sorcerors apprentice.
    If anyone can be bothered try puttng that movie on and closing your eyes or switching the tv off while listening to the audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Another one i watched that had weird dialogue was the sorcerors apprentice.

I see a pattern here. Maybe it's Nicholas Cage who is damaging to your health. I'd fully agree with you on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭GregoryNimmo

I'm sorry, Hold on. Are you actually serious? That much explanation and complaining for what? The movies out like a year now, it did pretty well. Don't want kids to watch it? Dont let yours! Let parents decide if they want their kids to watch it. Sheesh. You swear somebody was FORCING to make you and other kids watch it.

I'm sorry, Hold on. Are you actually serious? That much explanation and complaining for what? The movies out like a year now, it did pretty well. Don't want kids to watch it? Dont let yours! Let parents decide if they want their kids to watch it. Sheesh. You swear somebody was FORCING to make you and other kids watch it.

Sheesh you make it sound like someone was FORCING you to read this thread. See what I did there?

I don't think anyone has said that this movie is the be all and end all to the proposed conspiracy which is moral subversion by the people behind pop culture.

I'll give you an example. I walk my dog every morning past the equivalent of a primary school. This week there was a huddle of young girls 5,6, 7 years of age or thereabouts singing together Rihanna's song about committing sucide. That's ****ed up in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'll give you an example. I walk my dog every morning past the equivalent of a primary school. This week there was a huddle of young girls 5,6, 7 years of age or thereabouts singing together Rihanna's song about committing sucide. That's ****ed up in my opinion.
    Indeed, I too wish young girls had better taste in music.

As for the lyrics and in turn the overall hypothesis, may I remind you we had songs like "Cop Killer" as far back as 1992. We had Judas Priest getting sued for their "involvement" of a suicide attempt because of their lyrics in 1990. And more recently we had the charming ode from Ludacris entitled "Move Bitch" where he was clearly angry that some young female was obstructing his journey. Now I ask you, conspiracy to corrupt and/or damage our kids or just desire to deal with more risqué topics in order to appeal to a wider audience and/or attract attention....or just really ****ty lyrics?

As for Kick-Ass and the topic at hand, ugh, it's an 18 rated movie, it wasn't made for kids, it wasn't aimed at kids and kids certainly shouldn't be allowed to watch it by their parents. Outside of lamenting at the subject matter and expressing distaste in some of the content, any move to block it from production or distribution is simply censorship, and censorship can **** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

gizmo wrote: »
    Outside of lamenting at the subject matter and expressing distaste in some of the content, any move to block it from production or distribution is simply censorship, and censorship can **** off.
    And that's the thing, for all the faff about brainwashing and mind control, there hasn't been an effort on the CTer side to offer a solution to this apparently dire situation or to explain how their scaremongering is different from the type like the moral panic over how Dungeons and Dragons lead to Satanism

I get the impression that you think that I think this is some masterplan by the eeh-loom-in-arty?

Nah. Just a dark side of capitalism. These producers, agents, artists etc are just parasites who rely on us being thick as **** consumers obsessed with materialism to line their own pockets, which we are, myself included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Nah. Just a dark side of capitalism. These producers, agents, artists etc are just parasites who rely on us being thick as **** consumers obsessed with materialism to line their own pockets, which we are, myself included.

Who knows it could go a whole lot deeper than you think

Kris Thykier producer of Kick Ass

Kris oversaw the representation of media companies such as Time Warner, Warner Music Group, Miramax, Working Title, BSkyB, Random House and corporate clients such as American Express.

http://www.electricshorts.com/panel.php

Time Warner among others funds GLSEN

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/12/09/whos-funding-glsen-pt-2-corporate-phonee-mail-contact-list/

Breaking: Obama's "Safe Schools Czar" Is Promoting Child Porn in the Classroom– Kevin Jennings and the GLSEN Reading

Listhttp://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2009/12/breaking-obamas-safe-schools-czar-is-promoting-porn-in-the-classroom-kevin-jennings-and-the-glsen-reading-list/

Planned Parenthood of Massachusetts distributed kits for fisting and oral sex. They contained a single plastic glove, a package of K-Y lubricant and instructions on how to make a “dental dam” out of the material

http://es-es.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=118450304948

The International Planned Parenthood Federation opposes laws that make it a crime for people not to tell sexual partners they have HIV. In a guide for young people, IPPF says those who have the virus have a right to 'fun, happy and sexually fulfilling lives

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/63970

Kemper joined at least 50 young people from across the United States who stood outside MTV's New York City studios for a time of prayer and peaceful protest. "MTV has partnered with Planned Parenthood in promoting a toll-free number for underage children to receive an unmarked package [so parents do not become suspicious] in the mail containing condoms," Kemper charged.

http://www.fightpp.org/show.cfm?page=press&action=display&ID=36

IPPF defines young people as all people between 10 and 24 years of age. This is the same definition used by the World Health Organization. IPPF recognizes that young people are very diverse and strives to deliver services and programmes that reflect and respect their diversity.

http://www.ippf.org/en/What-we-do/Adolescents/FAQs+on+young+people+their+sexuality+and+their+rights.htm

make of it what you will

• Advertisement

I get the impression that you think that I think this is some masterplan by the eeh-loom-in-arty?

Not sure if you're referring to me or not but no, I don't think you do. I'm sure others might but they're more easy to dismiss. :)

As for this particular movie showing the darker side of capitalism, I would strongly disagree. There are plenty of examples out there, more-so found in the music and, to a lesser extent, TV industries, but this isn't one of them imo. I simply don't think an ordinary comic book artist from Glasgow had any intention of creating anything other than a dark and adult orientated superhero story when he wrote the comic.

I consider the comic and the movie to be seperate.Different people had control of the content of the movie over the comic.
    Did you not find it strange in the movie, he did her point of view during one of her slaughter sessions like an fps shooter? i think there was even a health bar on the screen or amount of kills lol
    It was totally made for teens and kids.Even the main characters in the movie were teens or kids from the looks of it.Were they school friends too i wonder.
    Who are the characters the audience is supposed to relate to?
    How do those characters act? That is what i look out for.
    Do you not think gamers would relate very well to that killing scene that was done like a fps game?Except its done with a child instead and more realistic than most games.
    Maybe since adults enjoy killing who are we to tell the kids they cant do it too?
    I guess it depends how diffeent people like to see the next generations turn out.
    I dont consider an 18 rating good enough to stop kids from wanting to see it as i still believe its aimed at a younger audience than its rated for.
    Well to be honest any movie with a child being prostituted for the guardians own fullfillment shouldnt be aired.We have enough sh1t messing up families and good will without this adding to the pile.
    To be clear, when i say prostituted i mean... to put (oneself or one's talents) to a corrupt use for personal or financial gain.

Apologies for breaking my response up into so many pieces, you did make a good few points that I think should be responded too individually and which aren't strictly related.
    I consider the comic and the movie to be seperate.Different people had control of the content of the movie over the comic.
    You shouldn't because while changes were made between the two versions, those that were made were mainly positive in the sense that they were less depressing and more preposterous in a manner which reminded you it was a movie...just in case one was to need further reminding. :)
    Did you not find it strange in the movie, he did her point of view during one of her slaughter sessions like an fps shooter? i think there was even a health bar on the screen or amount of kills lol
    It was totally made for teens and kids.
    The Doom movie had a similar section. It was also rated R/18 and was aimed at adults.
    Even the main characters in the movie were teens or kids from the looks of it.Were they school friends too i wonder.
    They were kids in the comics too and no, of course they weren't school friends.
    On a superficial level, they themselves when they were kids wanting to be a superhero. Dave fulfils that role quite well. With regards Hit-Girl, well I think the artist of the comics puts it best.
    Artist John Romita, Jr. commented about the character : "I think what's so badass is, how can a little girl become such a force? And I likened it to parents that turn their kids into super athletes. Even against their own will. They become unconscious athletes, almost to a fault. They become hardened. It kind of works the same way."
    ..except you know, this is an adult based superhero movie.
    They act like comic book characters as they should.
    Do you not think gamers would relate very well to that killing scene that was done like a fps game?Except its done with a child instead and more realistic than most games.
    Not unless they were mentally ill in which case they shouldn't be seeing the movie. As a matter of interest, have you seen the Japanese movie Battle Royale?
    Maybe since adults enjoy killing who are we to tell the kids they cant do it too?
    Killing in the movies? Yes. But not in real life.

I guess it depends how diffeent people like to see the next generations turn out.
    This movie will have no affect on the next generation.
    I dont consider an 18 rating good enough to stop kids from wanting to see it as i still believe its aimed at a younger audience than its rated for.
    Then you're advocating censorship.
    Well to be honest any movie with a child being prostituted for the guardians own fullfillment shouldnt be aired.We have enough sh1t messing up families and good will without this adding to the pile.
    Prostituting how? Being in a movie? Being in a violent movie? Being in a movie and saying the word ****? Where do you draw the line?
    To be clear, when i say prostituted i mean... to put (oneself or one's talents) to a corrupt use for personal or financial gain.
    So they should just stay away from acting until they're 18?

Thats too much sentences to respond to individually.But thanks for taking the time to do that yourself.
    I will say that i know what your getting at.Its a comic and the characters act in the movie like its a comic situation.
    It is quite unreal shooting your own daughter in the chest i admit.
    I titled the thread is it bad for your health for this reason.
    I believe we should have the right to express ourselves if it doesnt hurt others.
    Others may chose not to watch this movie and others who are underage will undoubtedly watch it also.
    I guess it just appears so childish compared to battle royale that its hard to imagine its not for the 15-20 age group.
    Almost like a battle royale extreme but adapted for the younger audience...and that was mainly my gripe about the movie.Well also the dodgy references surrounding hit-girl.
    A comic book is also quite easy to see its not real as its ussually drawn images.
    The movie is much more realistic than a comic and this i believe should bring about a bit more responsibility with the people producing these.
    If they were going to have a child using sexual references and killing people they should have made the movie less appealing to kids imo.
    End of the day im not sayng censor it(check back through 10 pages to confirm).Im saying it could be bad for your mental health in my non expert opinion.It doesnt have to be censored for me to have my way :D i enjoy the discussion more than the movie itself.
    One reason is that tv(and all connected media) influences society quite alot.This appears to be a bad influence for a younger than expected audience regardless of the rating.

Ps. i ment prostituting hit-girl in the movie to fulfill big daddy's agenda.But yes in general outside of the movies(and in) i would be a little disturbed to hear a 12 year old talking knowledgeably about c%^ks and other things of that nature.It might happen in real life but putting it out to the rest of the world to copy isnt exactly responsible programming.

Why does that matter? Most of the stuff you keep referring to were present in both.

There was no health bar or score on the screen, only the markings of the night-vision goggle she was using. Secondly, it makes sense visually to show it from her perspective. Not to look through her eyes, but to look through her night-vision goggles. The scene was completely dark. Looking through the night-vision goggles which only she was wearing allows us to actually see whats going on.

It was totally made for teens and kids.Even the main characters in the movie were teens or kids from the looks of it.Were they school friends too i wonder.

I'm not sure what you mean by school friends. But the main characters were all in high school, yes. But is every film set in school aimed at school kids? Are films set in space only aimed at astronauts? Superbad was about kids in high school. Is that aimed at teens and kids?

We can all relate to wanting to be a superhero. We can all relate to feeling powerless in the face of crime. We can all relate to feeling overwhelmed. Just because they're in school doesn't mean you can't relate to anything they're going through.

Hit-Girl swears, kills and loves weapons, because she has been raised by her father, who is filled with bloodlust and revenge. She loves weapons because she has been brought up around weapons. She kills because that is what she has been taught to do.

Of course it was more realistic than most games. It wasn't computer graphics, it was actual people acting. Big difference however is the fact that while watching the film, gamers aren't controlling it. They can't make any decisions. They are viewing the scene, not participating in it.

Do adults enjoy killing? All adults? I play games and kill loads of characters. But they aren't real. I don't actually kill anyone. Games are a test of skill, playing through a story, doing things that you know you cannot do in real life. I can kill 2000 people with one press of a button in a game, do you really think that would make me a hypocrite if I told my child not to shoot someone in real life? Adults can differentiate between what is real and what is a game. It is the parents and the Age Classification boards responsibility to ensure that games involving killing etc are only played by those who can make that differentiation.

Ratings. Games have age rating. Films have age ratings. There are systems in place to decide these age ratings to protect children. It's up to parents to ensure their children don't watch or play things they aren't meant to. It is not up to the film or games industries to shape the future generations. It is parents, society and education. Films and games are art and entertainment. Nothing more.

But it's not a typical superhero film. There are no toys. No saturday morning cartoon version. The characters wear colourful costumes because they're trying to be superheroes. However, a large percentage of the film is about the actual characters, not their superhero alter-egos. I mean, bar the first superhero shown who dies straight away, before another superhero is shown, the main character masturbates twice. It's a comedy based on a normal guy trying to be a superhero. There are no superhuman powers, no special effects.

Yes, because parenting standards will forever be irrevocably damaged because of one film. Do you seriously think that this comedy/superhero film will have any impact on society whatsoever?

Seriously, it's a damn comedy movie. Yes, a little girl kills people and swears. It's called acting. She plays a vampire in another film. Do you think she's suddenly going to develop a taste for blood?

If they were going to have a child using sexual references and killing people they should have made the movie less appealing to kids imo.
    In this case how do you think it was appealing to kids? Because of the superhero elements?
    Ps. i ment prostituting hit-girl in the movie to fulfill big daddy's agenda.But yes in general outside of the movies(and in) i would be a little disturbed to hear a 12 year old talking knowledgeably about c%^ks and other things of that nature.It might happen in real life but putting it out to the rest of the world to copy isnt exactly responsible programming.
    I'll happily admit that hearing Moretz say "****" on-screen was initially quite shocking yet I still laughed. Now, I didn't laugh simply because it was a young girl saying it, I laughed because it was so outlandish, so completely over the top and so unexpected that I found it highly amusing. Now, if she had been saying **** every 5 mins, that wouldn't have been funny at all but that alone should show you what the creator was trying to do, or in this instance, what he wasn't trying to do.

Seriously, it's a damn comedy movie. Yes, a little girl kills people and swears. It's called acting. She plays a vampire in another film. Do you think she's suddenly going to develop a taste for blood?
    Yes i believe the actress goes out at night in her own time since making a vampire movie and is drinking blood.....And going by that amazing logic it appears i now believe the same actress goes out at night herself and kills bad guys.
    I havent really said much in relation to how making the movie effects a 12 year old actress playing an adult role.Mainly because my focus is on the audience not the people being paid to dish it out.

In answer to some quotes and comments you left also,
    Of course it was more realistic than most games. It wasn't computer graphics, it was actual people acting. Big difference however is the fact that while watching the film, gamers aren't controlling it. They can't make any decisions. They are viewing the scene, not participating in it.
    That is why i dont see the movie as being the same as the comic...Its much more of an effect than a comic or computer graphics,although the games are getting very realistic these days.
    To go a step further i would dissagree also about participation.Any act you watch on tv you are participating in it on some level just by viewing it and entertaining the idea of what is being done.
    I would say even more so if you associate well with the character.
    With that said it makes the night vision goggles scene fit for everyone watching to associate with,again i would say more so if you are familiar with fps games.

Yes, because parenting standards will forever be irrevocably damaged because of one film. Do you seriously think that this comedy/superhero film will have any impact on society whatsoever?
    Yes, a very small impact as other movies might have.Its just another ugly piece of junk to throw on the pile.Does it do society any good?
    I think we have more than enough entertainment to do without it.
    So if you were to guess if the movie was a good influence on society or bad,which would you chose?
    If you think zero influence at all then your fooling yourself i feel.
    Every experience we have influences us on some level in one direction or the other.It doesnt even need to be conscious.To say a movie like that is a neutral influence on people experiencing it is a big statement to make.
    If you read my posts in this thread you might notice i dont declare the end of the world.I just say how i see it in relation to all the other media and mind control posts and threads on this forum and other resources used.

gizmo wrote: »
    In this case how do you think it was appealing to kids? Because of the superhero elements?
    Superhero elements yes, since most of the super heros where quite young.Mainly the feeling i got that they where in highschool still,that the female heroin is a child.Its made similar to the other movies like spiderman,batman etc not like the very dark battle royale you mentioned earlier,which is a cult classic as a horror afaik.
    And the general storyline and characters sound to be written for teens.Although that last comment could be seen as my own preference for something more substantial in the story department.
    I dont know the mental age of the average 20-25 year old so cant be sure.

I'll happily admit that hearing Moretz say "****" on-screen was initially quite shocking yet I still laughed. Now, I didn't laugh simply because it was a young girl saying it, I laughed because it was so outlandish, so completely over the top and so unexpected that I found it highly amusing. Now, if she had been saying **** every 5 mins, that wouldn't have been funny at all but that alone should show you what the creator was trying to do, or in this instance, what he wasn't trying to do.
    I suppose at the end of the day it comes down to you not agreeing it has any negative effect.This wont change i think any time soon and vice versa.
    I am taking into account all i have read on mind control,nlp,propoganda and the influence of tv on people(when i speak of movies like this influencing people).I hope you are not using the same info for your own conclusions.There is so much to that topic and alot of what i have read in newspaper reports,research studies or manuals etc etc are posted here and there in alot of threads relating to media.Maybe you havent seen those,but im sure i posted quite alot of links to show my point regarding tv and influence i had thought in this thread also at some stage.
    It is very tiring having to pull out the same articles or digging in old threads so excuse me if i dont do it all again lol
    The threads on music and film industry i think have some info relating to mind control in its many forms btw.

In answer to some quotes and comments you left also,
    That is why i dont see the movie as being the same as the comic...Its much more of an effect than a comic or computer graphics,although the games are getting very realistic these days.
    To go a step further i would dissagree also about participation.Any act you watch on tv you are participating in it on some level just by viewing it and entertaining the idea of what is being done.
    I would say even more so if you associate well with the character.
    With that said it makes the night vision goggles scene fit for everyone watching to associate with,again i would say more so if you are familiar with fps games.
    This I find quite amusing actually as it seems to contradict what those opposed to violent video games say (i.e. video games are worse than movies because you're controlling the character on screen) yet disagrees with the opposing view that such content does not have an effect on kids since you're saying movies are worse. :D

As for your reply to my own piece, what part of the movie do you think showed evidence of mind control, NLP or propaganda? Or, to be more precise, what do you think they were trying to get across?

• Advertisement

Yes i believe movies are more effective compared to games like fps ones for example.
    Give the games another 10-20 years and maybe i will change my mind :)
    Virtual reality might top them both by then lol

What i ment in mentioning nlp,propoganda,mind control etc was that i have seen in other articles,books etc etc how different media can have an effect on peoples perceptions.
    The unconscious is supposedly able to pick up symbolism and subliminal images in the background(subliminal in that they are rather small,i dont mean flashed images.Although they still count too imo).
    There is alot of smybolic acts in many movies that are unintentional and intentional.Its regardless to me at the end of the day as its the actual effect im interested in and that is hard to gage.
    I can only go from what i have learned so far.
    but from this movie if i was to keep in line with a conspiracy theory i would most likely steer towards the idea that the movie is used to make money ofc but maybe also to degrade society,much like the tactics that russian ex spy spoke about on another video posted somewhere else a good few months ago.He spoke about the tactics used to breakdown countries infastructure and society as a common purpose in the country.
    Basically destroying the family unit.
    This movie doesnt do that in one fowl swoop, but i do think it helps things along if that is the plan and if it was the plan we wouldnt exactly hear about it,especially if its to do with russian,israeli or chinese propoganda/spy agencies.
    So theres a ct thrown in on top of my opinion(i dont commit to this ct but there it is for the sake of the thread and not unlikely either considering nwo ct's realating to conquering countries and continents to bring in global control of the chaos) :)
    You may proceed to pick it apart for your entertainment hehe

Advertisement