Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work for a qualified carpenter in oz?

Options
  • 07-06-2010 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Would like to get a bit of insight on how easy my boyfriend would get a job on a WHV working as a carprenter.Is west coast better for work than sydney?And how much do they usually pay per hour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

my bf got a job here (sydney) no problem and has now been sponsored by his company. he gets 40 dollars an hour normal time and time and a half for overtime or double time on saturdays
    alot of the jobs over here are referrals or word of mouth we found

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Brndn

My bro is in Brisbane, took him 3-4 months to get a job when he first arrived. He got work shuttering and loved it, 6 days per week at 40 dollars an hour. He recently got let go as they finished the job, but theres more work coming up further north. Seems to be a lot by word of mouth referral, you need to make contacts really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

there is plenty of work in the construction area in sydney at the moment , even if he just takes a construction labouring job as a start off which will give him the time to find a carpentry job , i can point him in the direction of a company or two that have a lot of irish working for them if you need, just ask.

Advertisement