Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire Camera Lens :( Is this a common problem or just mine?

Options
  • 07-06-2010 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭

Have my phone a few weeks now and keep it in a pouch all the time, but every time I want to take a pic, I have to remove the battery cover as the lens is so bad. Anybody else have this issue, or am I on my own here??

desire_lens.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Have my phone a few weeks now and keep it in a pouch all the time, but every time I want to take a pic, I have to remove the battery cover as the lens is so bad. Anybody else have this issue, or am I on my own here??

desire_lens.jpg

Mines not like that at all. Is there some stitching on the top of the pouch that could be causing it?
    I keep mine in my pocket and its grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

Are you sure it's scratched? Judging from the picture it looks like it's shattered. Did you bump it against something maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

No stitching on the pouch where the lens goes and yeah its definitely scratched, not shattered. Kinda looks shattered in pic alright. Its very annoying. I love the phone and one of the main things I love about it is the cam, but with things the way they are now, its a total pain any time I want to use the camera.

Might mail HTC. Dunno if its worth anything though
    In the meantime, I found this. Not due in until 18th June, but as it is, it's like when you get a brand new car and scratch it! You just kinda lose all your respect for it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Was it like that when you got it ?

Bring it back where you got it perhaps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Woah. That's bad. When did you notice it? Was it always like this?

If you have a pic taken on the date you got the phone you might be able to prove it was already damaged when you received it.

• Advertisement

Nope. It was fine when I got it. First pics for a week or two are perfect and I have absolutely no recollection of it getting hit or scratched, so I am totally baffled as to when or why it got so bad. Anyway, looks like I'll have to get a new back for it. At least this thread has shown me if nothing else, that it's NOT a common problem. If I posted and everyone came on complaining that their lens was the same, then it would appear to be an issue with the materials used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

By the way - nice pics - how did you take them ?

Took it with the Desire itself just with the battery cover in one hand and phone in another

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

maybe the warranty covers it? so you can get it repaired?

Advertisement