Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rotary automatic ,slightly fast.

• 07-06-2010 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Hi ,I've a realitively new watch and it seems to be slightly fast.
    I wreckon it's about 20 seconds/day.

After looking through google ,I found a site that recommends shaking the watch 3 times per second for 5 seconds and also leaving the watch on it's side with the crown facing upwards.

Do these type of things usually rememdy ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

bedlam wrote: »
    How new is the watch? You do hear talk of watches bedding in after a bit of wear although I've never experienced this, so not sure how accurate it is. If you are worried about the accuracy (and it falls out side of the expected range) bring it back to where you purchased it and get it regulated.

Thanks for the reply and link.

Bit of a story about the watch since I started the thread here:(

After checking and double checking ,the watch is just less than 30 seconds fast/day. So it wasn't a guarantee issue.

I bought the watch on amazon.co.uk ,sent them an message last week about it and straight away they were sending me a brand new watch. They wanted me to send the old one back when I recieved the new one.

In the meantime ,rotary also got back to me and told me about the +30 seconds. So I decided to cancel the new shipment from amazon ,mostly because I was happy with their approach to sorting things out.

It's not the perfect watch ,but it's thought me about the mechanics of watches. I've read through various sites since and appreciate the work that goes into them more ,so it's not all bad:)

Looking forward to going through the link you posted.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Leaving the watch in different positions will have an effect as in face up, face down, on the side crown up or on the side crown down, you could try experimenting with that and see how it goes +30 seconds is alot though it probably does need to be regulated. H Samuel are official distributors of Rotary if you bring it into one of their shops they may be able to help.

Nolimits wrote: »
    Leaving the watch in different positions will have an effect as in face up, face down, on the side crown up or on the side crown down, you could try experimenting with that and see how it goes +30 seconds is alot though it probably does need to be regulated. H Samuel are official distributors of Rotary if you bring it into one of their shops they may be able to help.

Cheers ,I'm thinking of just leaving it on as much as possible for a month or so and seeing how it goes. Hopefully it might wear in a bit better ,I've read somewhere that a watch can run fast ,if a certain part moves too slowly:confused:. So I'm hoping the watch might improve if it loosens up a bit ,fingers crossed.

Thanks for letting me know about H samuels ,thought I'd have to send it over to rotary.

Heres the mail I got ,

If you would care to return the timepiece to our service centre, address below, it will be inspected and you will be notified of our findings. I would advise that the expected tolerance of an automatic timepiece is +/- 20/30 seconds a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭hi5

If its consistantly gaining the same amount then it can be regulated back to consistantly gain maybe 10/15 sec/day or even better.
    Its when its being eratic then you have problems:).

• Advertisement
Advertisement