Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderation in the Shooting forums

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

dCorbus wrote: »
    How dare you!
    I don;t know where you're from, mate! but Where I come from it's a long established tradition.
    As soon as I could walk the fields with my father and his father, and his father's father, I was given my first manila folder - and I've been punching paper ever since.

You culchies wouldn't understand. It's a Dublin-thing. For generations, we've been controlling the mass of paper, machine and handmade. TBH If it wasn;t for the likes of me and my fellow paper-punchers, you lad's would be in trouble.

You think what we do is wrong and inhumane, do you? Well, just ask yourself next time you're at a wedding - Where did the confetti come from? Eh?

That's right - It was lamped and killed by me and my ilk.

It's not pretty, but it's true!

Theres just no reasoning with a paper-psychopath like you..your just not like the rest of us...you give all paper loving dublin people a bad name...I have many friends from dublin and indeed i myself lived in dublin for many years and found its citizens extremely friendly and approchable when it came to paper products, its just the few paperists like you that give them a bad name shame on you....I'm going to bow out gracefully from this papyrus fuelled exchange and pray for you and moreso for the next piece of paper you set you riflescope on..god help it!!!.....over and out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

homerhop wrote: »
    There is that John but as you are well aware from your time as a poster here, sometimes the powers that be tend to bend the rules to suit themselves too. But before i get an infraction for questioning the mods......come back John...Walk towards the light honest its not bunnyshooter scoping ya

If you read all, or at least all the Charters I've read on the different forums you'll find one common thing. Don't argue on thread with mods. I've done it in Politics and got a ban for it, it never ends well because it's breaking the charter. Then, as I did, the poster feels justified in going straight to Helpdesk and complaining, Admin then rightly say, well you broke the charter! I sure did. If you feel baited into it, and bite, it's a hell of a lot easier to prove you BIT than you were baited, think first, shout later :D

Then yer busted. It's often because the poster hadn't read the charter, or just didn't give a crap about it. That's my honest take on it from reading different charters and different cases in Helpdesk. Ranting and raving doesn't work. Following the dispute resolution process calmly and with facts works in the posters favour. Mind you, that only applies IF you're not in the wrong in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Theres just no reasoning with a paper-psychopath like you..your just not like the rest of us...you give all paper loving dublin people a bad name...I have many friends from dublin and indeed i myself lived in dublin for many years and found its citizens extremely friendly and approchable when it came to paper products, its just the few paperists like you that give them a bad name shame on you....I'm going to bow out gracefully from this papyrus fuelled exchange and pray for you and moreso for the next piece of paper you set you riflescope on..god help it!!!.....over and out

Too each their own.
    Live and let live.
    Etc.
    Etc.

The Sun has now set and I'm off to stalk my favoured spots: Reads of Nassau Street and then over to Easons! Rich pickings, indeed! MwHahahahahahahahah!

Got myself a new full-size 4hole punch and a Winchester lever-arch, so gonna bag me some juicy refill pads tonight. Happy paper-punching!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

johngalway wrote: »
    If you read all, or at least all the Charters I've read on the different forums you'll find one common thing. Don't argue on thread with mods. I've done it in Politics and got a ban for it, it never ends well because it's breaking the charter. Then, as I did, the poster feels justified in going straight to Helpdesk and complaining, Admin then rightly say, well you broke the charter! I sure did. If you feel baited into it, and bite, it's a hell of a lot easier to prove you BIT than you were baited, think first, shout later :D

Then yer busted. It's often because the poster hadn't read the charter, or just didn't give a crap about it. That's my honest take on it from reading different charters and different cases in Helpdesk. Ranting and raving doesn't work. Following the dispute resolution process calmly and with facts works in the posters favour. Mind you, that only applies IF you're not in the wrong in the first place.

What did Sparks do to you :eek: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

lads theres two ways to deal with trolls either ignored them(which is less fun) or treat them like vermin, btw im reporting dcorbus to the paper inspectorate for abuse of a4s

• Advertisement

john is finding out what a mod will be getting in pms and will find out that posters will treat him differently as time goes on:p

Zey haf vays und meens :cool:

patbundy wrote: »
    lads theres two ways to deal with trolls either ignored them(which is less fun) or treat them like vermin

There's just the one way Pat, use the report button on their post ;) (You can actually report a PM too, which I didn't cop to until lately). Baiting them only raises their blood, which means they become frequent fliers, which means I don't get a peaceful life, which means I get narky, which is bad :D
    john is finding out what a mod will be getting in pms and will find out that posters will treat him differently as time goes on:p

I've modded on other hunting forums before. As for potentially being treated differently, I'm 50/50 on that. As I said before those who didn't like me as a poster won't like me as a moderator. That's their problem, am not here to sing lullabies to anyone :DThough maybe that should be put on the mod control panel as a punishment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

my problem is when the mods start trolling .

There's just the one way Pat, use the report button on their post ;) (You can actually report a PM too, which I didn't cop to until lately). Baiting them only raises their blood, which means they become frequent fliers, which means I don't get a peaceful life, which means I get narky, which is bad :D

I've modded on other hunting forums before. As for potentially being treated differently, I'm 50/50 on that. As I said before those who didn't like me as a poster won't like me as a moderator. That's their problem, am not here to sing lullabies to anyone :DThough maybe that should be put on the mod control panel as a punishment :D

na theres no fun in reporting posts of trolls:D.you became a mod here you will never get a peaceful life again because of what we do for a hobby and what is a way of life for us lol;)

• Advertisement

jwshooter wrote: »
    my problem is when the mods start trolling .

report that mod:D

na theres no fun in reporting posts of trolls:D.you became a mod here you will never get a peaceful life again because of what we do for a hobby and what is a way of life for us lol;)

Like anything in life, it all depends on how ya deal with it :)

Like anything in life, it all depends on how ya deal with it :)

lol very good responce john remind the rest of the mod/s please:p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

HMMmmmmmmm !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I was away for a while and look at all I missed:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭sikastag

I was away for a while and look at all I missed:mad:

Me too. Havent laughed as hard in a while. Cheers lads. Could the paper psychopaths organise some guided stalks on early morning newpaper deliveries. The little newspaper bundles seems to be easy targets before business hours.

Here now, lads, you can't expect us to be giving away the locations of our paper-rounds now, can you?

Best thing to do is get out there and look for chaps standing in the central reservations of main roads - easy enough to spot, they're in dayglo - Now if you find these chaps, there's usually some papers nearby.

What I like to do is to call in the papers first.
    A high-pitch cry of "Headald e pres, Headald e pres" usually works - And when you spot the headline, plant a hpbt round in the bannerhead.

Here now, lads, you can't expect us to be giving away the locations of our paper-rounds now, can you?

Best thing to do is get out there and look for chaps standing in the central reservations of main roads - easy enough to spot, they're in dayglo - Now if you find these chaps, there's usually some papers nearby.

What I like to do is to call in the papers first.
    A high-pitch cry of "Headald e pres, Headald e pres" usually works - And when you spot the headline, plant a hpbt round in the bannerhead.

:D:D:D:D LOL

Your right. That was terribly incosiderate of me to request you to divulge your paper rounds like that.

Once the weather is promised fine i'll hit out first thing armed with your calling advice. Hopefully the rain will stay away long enough to permit a light 'drag' back to the jeep.

sikastag wrote: »
    Me too. Havent laughed as hard in a while. Cheers lads. Could the paper psychopaths organise some guided stalks on early morning newpaper deliveries. The little newspaper bundles seems to be easy targets before business hours.

MY GOD Sikastag...not you to !!!!! Dont tell me you're also a paper killer.:mad:
    THeres not much sport in newspaper stalking in the early hours, its like shooting fish in a barrell.
    I on the other hand am now starting up a new group...called....."THE P.S.S" or "Paper Stalking Saboteurs", we're kinda like the hunt saboteurs only more militant. We're designing weapons like the "Cardboard Ninja Star" - almost deadly at 2 paces !!!!! the "Newspaper Nunchuck", the of course "The Copybook Castrater" all of which are in the prototype stages but will be realities very soon.
    So to all you paper haters on this forum - beware - paper will be biting back and the word on the street is that cardboard is going to back us up if push comes to shove !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

:D:D:D PMSL at this thread!!

• Advertisement

Mwhahahaha.......Damn you, P.S.S. paper-huggers!

Last nights haul.
    Quiet night, not much wind. A good nights paper-punching!

IMG00204-20100609-1708-1-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Last nights haul.

I gave up on paper years ago, I now stalk cardboard. You get more accurate data and it's free from all good tesco's,Superquinn,Dunnes, or Supervalue ;)

Like the Rig dC

Now I'm off to Lucan to see if I can prize some cardboard from those cardboard huggers ;)

P.S is this the weirdest thread ever?:D:D

Last nights haul.

This photo should be entitled "Slaughter Of The Innocents" - Hahaha dCorbus you've just given us P.S.S. members the perfect image for our global media campaign. And by the way "Tackleberrywhooligan" Lucan is a well known P.S.S. stronghold - dont be surprised if you see "A4" or "Refill Pad" sprayed on the walls around there, its one of our signs. I've put out an APB that you could be in the area and have requested that if you're spotted that they're to use the "Copybook Castrater" WITHOUT MERCY !!!

Click on the two photos below - careful now....viewer discretion is advised...paper fights back!!!

and yes, this is definitely the weirdest thread ever !!!

And that's exactly why paper (in all it's forms, formats, and folio's) is evil and should, nay must, be eradicated at every opportunity.

The Great Bonded and Coated Cull of '87, whilst a limited success, has not led to the expected reduction in paper numbers over the past 23 years and we're only now dealing with the ramifications of the Governments failure in successive years to address this issue.

Let's just be thankful there's no closed-season for paper-punching!

mountain-of-paperwork.jpg

Is this the legacy of rampant uncontrolled and unmanaged paper-stock that you'd leave your children to deal with in the future? Good god and in the name of all that is holy, please, please, please, think of the children - And let's put our differences aside and try to control this growth of paper in our lives!

:eek: This thread has taken on a life of it's own :D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WallysWorld

refill.jpg
    It's late I'll just leave this here!:pac:

Really, really PMSL :):):):)

refill.jpg

FECKIN BRILLIANT Wallyworld !!!!! ROFL !!!

refill.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

vixdname wrote: »
    MY GOD Sikastag...not you to !!!!! Dont tell me you're also a paper killer.:mad:
    THeres not much sport in newspaper stalking in the early hours, its like shooting fish in a barrell.
    I on the other hand am now starting up a new group...called....."THE P.S.S" or "Paper Stalking Saboteurs", we're kinda like the hunt saboteurs only more militant. We're designing weapons like the "Cardboard Ninja Star" - almost deadly at 2 paces !!!!! the "Newspaper Nunchuck", the of course "The Copybook Castrater" all of which are in the prototype stages but will be realities very soon.
    So to all you paper haters on this forum - beware - paper will be biting back and the word on the street is that cardboard is going to back us up if push comes to shove !!!!!

:o I know. :o Unsporting............but effective!:D
    But the eradication of paper is the aim so any means possible!

I do a small bit of late night lamping with the 20ga. A good wet & windy night can provide some great sport on those single sheets that fly about!

Again I will have to try dcorbus's call.

As for the PSS? Clearly its members have had relatively sheltered lives and have never experienced the PAIN that is the paper cut!

Advertisement