Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

marathon

Options
  • 07-06-2010 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

went to support friends and family today in the miserable wet rain. very tough on the runners ( and clappers... im joking :D )
    i thought the whole thing was very well organised. brilliant support from people all along the route. patrick street was buzzing afterwards
    well done cork !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

here here. the wet weather was probably a break for the runners from the previous two years of scorching heat but it really couldn't be easy out there.
    I was at mile 21 handing out a gel to a friend and it was so miserable.
    I offered my token phrases of encouragement (I've been there and anything helps!).

well done to all, I hope a few pints were had after...a sore head will be the least of their worries tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

It's a great event and Cork should be very proud of it. Leaving aside the organisation, stewards, Guards etc I've never known such supportive spectator participation from start to finish. It knocks spots off the Dublin Marathon (which in itself is a good event.)

Though not sure if the car drivers held up for ages on the Straight Road yesterday would agree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭opus

RoyMcC wrote: »
    It's a great event and Cork should be very proud of it. Leaving aside the organisation, stewards, Guards etc I've never known such supportive spectator participation from start to finish. It knocks spots off the Dublin Marathon (which in itself is a good event.)

Would have to agree there, ran my first ever marathon yesterday and thought the support along the way was fantastic. It was certainly needed after the horrendous conditions running around Jacob's Island :) Wasn't sure beforehand if this was a once off for me or not but I got such a buzz out of the whole experience think I'll have to try another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

congrats opus. wonderful achievement. i heard that jacobs isl. was particularly tough. wind and rain !!!
    did you know that all participants who finished inside, i think 5 hours, were photographed coming over the finish line. the photos are on the marathon web site. nice momento to have. good luck if you decide to run again !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oriainliam

hi all,

i am too late to register for the cork marathon. is there anyone out there who is registered and cant do the run. i would love the race number.

thanks,

Liam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

oriainliam wrote: »
    hi all,

i am too late to register for the cork marathon. is there anyone out there who is registered and cant do the run. i would love the race number.

thanks,

Liam.

Hi Liam, welcome to boards!

You might be better off asking in this thread over in the A/R/T events forum. That thread in A/R/T is more up-to-date with *almost* daily postings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Czaribald

you want to show to your friends that you did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Czaribald wrote: »
    you want to show to your friends that you did it?
    Not sure what you meant by that but Liam cannot run the marathon without a registered number on his top . Any runners that try to do so or join in along the way are removed by the stewards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oriainliam

I would probably need a number to avoid hassle from the stewarts alright. I did the burren marathon last weekend and didnt sign up for cork cos i thought it was too soon after burren but i am feeling up for it and very disappointed not to be signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭daviddenis

I emailed them wit late entry form attached Wednesday just gone and the signed me up no problem for the half marathon, try it its worth the chance. the email address as follows info@corkcitymarathon.ie,

best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lokacz76

Hi Liam. I have ticket for full cork marathon. I will give you ticket for bottle of whiskey (only Irlish). I have to stop training due to injury. Let me know if you interested. tomorrow is register day.

Advertisement