Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Mill Bakery - English Market

Options
  • 07-06-2010 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

looks like we will not be able to get the "chocolate slice" in the English market from end of july... Their shop at the entrance is closing :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Is their chocolate slice a nice one? I've never had any from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

scuby wrote: »
    looks like we will not be able to get the "chocolate slice" in the English market from end of july... Their shop at the entrance is closing :(

Thats sucks

However like loads of things that have closed recently, im sad to see them go but i cant remember the last time i bought anything form them:(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I haven't had a chocolate slice since I was a kid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Speaking of bakeries, does anyone know where or if you can buy cannoli in cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The chocolate slice....real ones have pink buttons on top, 'fake' ones have yellow buttons. Super Valu in MQ stock the mammoth sized shrinkwrapped chocolate slices if that is any consolation...and yes, it is very sad I know this much about chocolate slices :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

pow wow wrote: »
    The chocolate slice....real ones have pink buttons on top, 'fake' ones have yellow buttons. Super Valu in MQ stock the mammoth sized shrinkwrapped chocolate slices if that is any consolation...and yes, it is very sad I know this much about chocolate slices :P

just to make ya jealous.... we used to order a mega sized one from the girls in the old mill every now and again, square foot sized, lets just say, asleep at our desks after morning break !! :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

pow wow wrote: »

What's the difference between real and fake? I'm totally getting one tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

scuby wrote: »
    just to make ya jealous.... we used to order a mega sized one square foot sized,

oh dear god. this I must have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Faith wrote: »
    What's the difference between real and fake? I'm totally getting one tomorrow!

Fake one is a minging 'imposter'.....looks like an Old Mill one....tastes like cardboard with margarine smeared in the middle. Bleugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Which compared to a Thompsons slice (who made these originally) it is a poor shadow of its former glory. On an unrelated note: Down with CDF and their tripe products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Which compared to a Thompsons slice (who made these originally) it is a poor shadow of its former glory.

You are soooo right!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

In the middle of an Old Mill Chocolate Slice right now, its lovely and moist and tasty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭GiftGrub100

did they own the cake shop that was at the front of the Savoy Centre which closed about 10 years ago (before the revamp, before Champion Sports) the chocolate slices from that shop were really devine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

That's a shame, they're the first place I've been able to find in the last 10 years who know how to make proper chocolate eclairs and cream doughnuts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Is the shop they had on castle street gone?

Advertisement