Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run in with two junkies

Options
  • 07-06-2010 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Me and my girlfriend were down harbour court alley just of abbey street when this young junkie came up to us and demanded we leave, we were sheltering from the rain at the time, he held onto my clothes on my chest and demanded money.
    My girlfriend was trying to settle the situation by saying we'll leave and that we will go but he would'nt let go. I didnt know what to do until i saw him reaching for his pocket then i just snapped and gave him a a few punches before flinging him against the wall in the alley where he fell on the floor.
    Just then another one punched me in the back of my head.

Mu girlfriend screamed at him and he started backing away from us because i was angry.

My girlfriend screamed for help but of course no one came , no garda around.
    I grabbed my bag and went into a hotel for a while in case they would follow us.

It was like hitting a zombie as hitting the junkie, it felt like i was beating someone up but for the fact that we didnt ask him to hassle us or start on us and we couldnt be certain he didnt have a knife or a needle.

Has this happened to anyone else of this alley way or something similar happen????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I was in a similar situation once.

Was getting harassed for change at an atm late at night. He grabbed a hold of me and I was worried he'd pull a knife or a syringe so I swung at him a bit.

He fell like a tree.

Was a horrible experience. Would have been a completly different situation if was an elderly person getting attacked.

These scum are such a scourge on our city.

You did the right thing in the circumstance, some will disagree but they were probaly never in such a scenario.

imo you should have knocked the other one out aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭carwash106

Hiya, yeah very similiar what happened, you swung for him aswell when you thought you were in danger of being stabbed or stuck with asyringe.

I couldnt take the chance that he wouldnt pull something out.
    And yeah he went down pretty easily aswell, in fact i felt kinda bad for a while because i dont really want to hurt anyone but at the end of the day they wouldnt have thought twice about stabbing people.

As for the other guy he took a cheap shot when my back was turned, didnt even see him coming but he started backing away when i turned on him, then i grabbed my bag and we got out of there.

Was your run in in the city centre aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

For future reference... don't shelter down that alley... notorious for junkies, they're always there...

Fight or flight, you were only protecting yourselves.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

For future reference... don't shelter down that alley... notorious for junkies, they're always there... .

agreed, sheltering down those alleyways is not a good plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Yeah that alley in particular is notorious but fair play to you for standing your ground, hopefully it might make the little piece of vermin think twice about causing trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Some women are great in fights standing screaming, you should get her to a martial arts class and toughen the cookie up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

martial arts is the way to go my lad is 10 has a blue belt and could bate ten colours of ****e me. these junkies pray on the vunerable ie women old folks one well aimed boot in the balls will bring them to their knees; 1 or 2 basic self defence classes and ya need never worry again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Where is that alley? Is that the one at the back of Supermacs? Well done anyway OP, he might think twice in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Runs between Eden Quay and Lower Abbey street with another section of it running parallel to Eden Quay down to Marlborough Street.

Whatever about junkies, the smell would be enough to put me off sheltering there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Some women are great in fights standing screaming, you should get her to a martial arts class and toughen the cookie up.

She wasn't screaming her head off in a panic, she was screaming at him and he backed away. Sounds like it worked, she didn't have to hurt him and didn't get hurt herself.
    carwash106 wrote: »

Mu girlfriend screamed at him and he started backing away from us because i was angry.

carwash, it sounds like you did the right thing also. You didn't want to have to hit him but he laid his hands on you and could easily have pulled something from his pocket. Hopefully that scumbag will think twice in future before doing that again. Glad to hear you both got away safely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

stovelid wrote: »
    Runs between Eden Quay and Lower Abbey street with another section of it running parallel to Eden Quay down to Marlborough Street.
    Jeebus. Have walked through there on many occasions.

OP: fair play. F**k the PC Brigade, as you said yourself "they wouldnt have thought twice about stabbing people".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Usually they won't feel a good dig in the head from the drugs.

But their stomachs are usually very bad, next time a good kick in the stomach and he'll be in a heap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm reluctant to get involved in these types of discussion's, but OP if you hit a junkie and there was any blood or open wounds I'd be seeking medical advice ASAP.

Other than that, fair play to ya for opening up on the C**t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

ntlbell wrote: »
    Usually they won't feel a good dig in the head from the drugs.

But their stomachs are usually very bad, next time a good kick in the stomach and he'll be in a heap.

There should be a self help guide to defend yourself against junkies.

Lesson 1: Always carry a cruicifix and some holy water.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement