If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting vinyl to digital

Options
  • 07-06-2010 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi John/Kenny,

Father in law has a large collection of classical vinyl and is looking for a device to copy to a digital format, perferably CD or to an Ipod at a push.

Not looking for anything too highend, he has a proper separates set-up (pioneer turntable, multi Cd player, Denon receiver). Any ideas!

All the best

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

piaget wrote: »
    Hi John/Kenny,

Father in law has a large collection of classical vinyl and is looking for a device to copy to a digital format, perferably CD or to an Ipod at a push.

Not looking for anything too highend, he has a proper separates set-up (pioneer turntable, multi Cd player, Denon receiver). Any ideas!

All the best

Piaget,

Long time no hear - how's it going..

I can announce here that the excellent TEAC LPR400 Vinyl Copy ststion is now discontinued - this was an excellent easy to use one button jobbie that allowed you to pop an record onto its deck and copy directly to a CD with one simple push - well unfortunately it has now been discontinued :(

However as a result of radical advances in the field of Audio - Teac have now been able to product a new model the Radical LPR500 - again this will allow you to copy your LP's onto CD with one easy button push - however it will also allow the Customer to copy the latest (ish) advance in the Audio world onto CD - The Audio Compact Cassette - believe it or not these radical Compact Cassettes are a revolution in sound..:P

Anyway the bottom line is - the LPR500 copies mouldy old cassettes really well actually AND LP's so it's really ideal for getting all my old U2 tapes from the dandelion market onto CD ( If I could ever find the time) and I'm positive it will work for your Dad as well.

In stock now - but better hurry before they include some other radical format on the LPR600 like 8 track cartridges...

Yours for £294.95 delivered.

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭piaget

John,

I would have thought you were too young to remember the Dandelion market, thanks for info on the TEAC, I will see father-in-law at weekend and discuss.

Big day for me today - moving from CRT to Plasma courtesy of your good selves:p

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.