Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do you think the army will recruit again

Options
  • 07-06-2010 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

Ok i see that the irish naval service has started to recruit so this must mean the army should be next. would anyone have an idea of when ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

All that's known so far is - this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭siblers

This may seem like a pretty stupid question, but I presume you must be under 25 opposed to25 and under to join the infintary? I'm 25 in October so I presume I'm fairly fecked with recruitment for the infintary?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Unless you're in before your 25th birthday, you're fecked. You could apply for a Cadetship as the max age is 27 (under 28 on 01 Nov of the competition year) to be a commissioned officer or enlist in the NS for general service (max age 26). Once in the NS, you can theoretically apply for transfer to Army but it's not at all guaranteed that you will get permission or end up in an Inf. Bn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 polkadotIShot!

Hey i was thinking of joining the defence forces when I finish my law degree in two years, I wanted to know, would I still be able to do a masters aswell and perhaps persue further legal training? Any insight appreciated.

Advertisement