Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still waiting for redundancy payment

Options
  • 07-06-2010 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

In January 2008 my 5 day working week was cut to a 1 day week as my job in construction was slow. then in Febuary of the same year my employer came to my home to tell me he was going to finish me up and give me my P45 after 10 years employment. 2 years later im still waiting for my redundancy payment, has anyone had experience in taking action after being so bloody patient.
    Iam owed a lot of money and Im getting pressure from the bank

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Here is the information page from Citizen's Information on redundancy.

Did your employer offer you a redundancy deal, or did you simply get statutory redundancy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 HR Advice

Did you sign anything when your ex employer spoke to you in Feb 2008? You should have signed a RP50 to claim a lump sum from the DETE if the employer was unable to pay a redundancy lump sum to you. Get onto your ex employer and ask about this. If nothing happens then look at contacting DETE but you'll probably be too late to take any legal action as it was over a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭porte

Thanks for your replies, you have confirmed what I kind of knew with the 1 year time limit. The sickening thing about all this is my "Employer" of 10 years was my mothers 2nd husband.
    Thanks for nothing, I hope you enjoy yourself in spain with your new car. Oh, and thanks for fvcking me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

porte wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies, you have confirmed what I kind of knew with the 1 year time limit. The sickening thing about all this is my "Employer" of 10 years was my mothers 2nd husband.
    Thanks for nothing, I hope you enjoy yourself in spain with your new car. Oh, and thanks for fvcking me over.

Get in touch with the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment. Until you actually speak with them, you won't know if it's too late or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 luke28

Hi
    You can call to NIRA on 1890 80 80 90 and they will tell you all info.that they recive your claim if not they will tell you what you have to do to bring him to the tribunal(so far I know is well worted)
    take care

• Advertisement
Advertisement