Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Semester Results 2010

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

^ Fair ****s

1 A2
    2 B2's
    1 C3
    1 D1

Delighted by my A2, good for my B2's, very surprised at my C3. I thought I'd done a lot better. Knew my D1 was coming and it's my own fault.

But what exactly does a compensatory fail mean?

My QCA is still good enough. But time to kick myself into action a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

if you're qca is below 2.0 you need to repeat an compensatory fails (Ds)

other wise you can ignore it or opt to repeat it to improve your qca

anyone know what a b3 is worth percentage wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

Anyway of finding out what you actually got in a module you did instead of co-op?? Like an A or B instead of the P??

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slyph

Got my results, the unsecure method or w/e worked for me. Slight improvement on last semester; 3 A1s, 1 A2, 1 B1. Bummed about that B1 !! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

OK.

I went to the library, forgetting about how ridiculously slow the PCs are.

I got in, but it said to use "Windows ID" and password, which I assumed meant my e-mail. That didn't work, neither did my normal login details

I got fed up on the PC and went back to check my laptop, the "Student Records" link comes up with a 404 error, I've hit F5, closed and reopened, over and over again, nothing.
    I tried the "secured" link. No luck there.

This is just feckin' ridiculous.

I'll try restarting my laptop, not sure if that will make any difference though :(

according to the su:

Go to www.ul.ie.
    Click Current Students.
    Click Student Records.
    A new page should open. In this page, do the following:
    Enter your student ID.
    Enter the password you would use at one of the UL PC Clusters.
    Enter your date of birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Finally got in!

Employment Relations - A2
    Business Statistics - B2
    Entrepreneurship... - B1 (HOW?!!)
    Branding - B3
    Consumption... - A2

Accumulated QCA of 3.18

Thrilled!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Congrats to everyone on your results, it sounds like you have all done really well, and fair play to ye too, its a tough slog at times, but its worth it in the end!

Now to go enjoy the sunshine and a cold beer! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

anyone know the process for viewing your papers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

JoseJones wrote: »
    Jesus that was painful. I had to refresh about 5 times after every step. Anyway, 5 A2's and a B2!!!

God thats mighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

all b's pain in the ass cause one lecturer literally robbed me of an A and i know i deserved an A in another module too

its annoying cause they arent bad marks they jsut arent as good as i wanted so i dont know how to feel

meh its over with just means if i want my 1st 4th year is gonna be a ****ing biyotch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I have an upside to receiveing the dreaded letter of death.

You don't have to get up early and battle with a crashing site!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Anyway of finding out what you actually got in a module you did instead of co-op?? Like an A or B instead of the P??

Co-op is pass or fail as far as I know. Nothing awarded in terms of QCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

cson wrote: »
    Co-op is pass or fail as far as I know. Nothing awarded in terms of QCA.

Aware of that! But emailed the lecturer's and they gave me my 'actually' grade!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

Firstly, congrats to all, some great results out there from the sounds of it. Particular congrats to 4th years, best feeling in the world to know what your final degree will be.

I got an A2 and two B1s this semester, which combined with Sem 1 gives me 3.3 QCA, with the thesis still to play for.... My question is, does anyone have any idea how the discretionary band between a 1:1 and a 2:1 works? I hear its from 3.3 to 3.4 QCA. I plan on working like mad at my thesis and would be fairly confident of getting a B1 or so, but I don't think this would bring me up higher in terms of QCA. Would any Masters students out there maybe know from their undergrad, what is the likelihood of my 3.3 QCA getting me pushed up to a 1:1?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭corridon69

2 A1's
    2 A2's
    1 B1
    Q.C.A 3.6

Delighted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

All B's for myself very happy 3.0 Qca which isn't bad for 1st Year!!:D..roll on 2nd year!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

All B's for myself very happy 3.0 Qca which isn't bad for 1st Year!!:D..roll on 2nd year!

Correction QCA = 0.0 :D:D:D

But at least you've started off well!!!! Keep going, will look good for your CV when you apply for co-op jobs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

2 B1.
    2 B2
    1 B3
    1 C1

Am quite shocked at those results I had one or two projects go tits up on me and thought they would be lower.

InDesign grade went up but it second module was more based on ones imagination than the mechanical preciseness of the first module.and too

Got the 90 wpm in Shorthand too, it is hard to believe i nearly considered seeking an exemption from it. just as well I decided to give it a lash.

A journalistic writing project kinda went pear shaped on me and thought I would lose more marks.

Also one of the essays in the exam for another module was not that long. it would seem that whilst it was short, I got all the right points in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Finally got in!

Employment Relations - A2
    Business Statistics - B2
    Entrepreneurship... - B1 (HOW?!!)
    Branding - B3
    Consumption... - A2

Accumulated QCA of 3.18

Thrilled!! :D

Wow that's impressive! I did all those modules in 2nd year and could only dream of such results.

My spring 2010 return has left me in a bittersweet frame of mind - relieved (in some cases )and delighted with what I got but lamenting that I would now have a degree if I didn't fail one crappy module in winter :(

but that's what repeats are for and if I pass it this time around it'll feel all the sweeter! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Anyone know when results of rechecks will be out?

Advertisement