Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

laptop resolution

• 07-06-2010 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

sorry if this isn't the right places but...

I'm trying to install a program on my laptop and it keeps saying I must have resolution of at least 1024x768, but the highest option is 1024 x 600.
    Is there any way of sorting this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

what sort of laptop is it?
    are you sure you have your graphics card drivers installed? When your working without your GPU drivers it only gives you a limited amount of resolution options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

i think everything is installed.
    it's a compaq mini, so i'm guessing that's why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    i think everything is installed.
    it's a compaq mini, so i'm guessing that's why
    Yeah unfort they've low resolutions.

You could try plugging in an external monitor. The GPU might support higher then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Maybe theres another program that,ll do the same thing that works at 1024x600.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

i'm not sure if there's another program, but i know photoshop cs2 also won't work, so also annoying.
    I think I may just opt for a new laptop

• Advertisement
Advertisement