Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elbow and knee pads - which ones would you pick?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Is this for mtb or DH?

I dont use pads for mtb but if I were to get them I'd go full length knees and short elbow. Obviously long arm ones give you better protection but I dont think they would be very practical.
    I shall now move aside for someone who knows what they are talking about to answer your question...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Assuming your talking about xc and not dh.

Full length will give you lots of protection but they interfere with your pedalling and bike handling. Maybe go for a compromise, get the 661 veggie line of shin and knee pads. They hook up together to create one unit if your wearing them both and once you get more confident you can ditch the shin pad part and just use the knee pads.

As for the elbow pads I don't know enough to talk about them as I've never used them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Im doing XC but may do some DH in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ravendude

661 Kyle Straits would be a popular choice (probably the most popular). Pretty good protection even for DH and very pedalable in. A little bit warm for very long cycles on a warm day, bit grand most of the time.
    Use them quite a bit and would recommend them.
    Unless you're using flat style AM/DH pedals with studs (which it looks like you're not) you probably don't need shin guards. The most common injury to the shins is slicing from pedal studs, which, talking from lots of experience is bloody painful:eek:

Advertisement