Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Leaving Cert **GOOD LUCK MESSAGES GO HERE!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Good luck dudes. It's not all it's cracked up to be!

Never take life too seriously, no one gets out alive :p. The best days are yet to come folks, in 17 days the country will simultaneously sigh in relief :o. Enjoy your summer! Take it easy :cool: ...
    Haha apart from the examiners with their collossal sacks of exam scripts! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

Good luck everyone! :)
    I hope everything goes well for ye, don't stress too much!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

Good fecking luck everyone. May we never hear the words literary genre, single text, and prescribed poetry again. and may we forget all the Lear quotes and poetry quotes and EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE LEAVING CERT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Good luck all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FyeaG

Take it easy lad's it is what it is, gotta do it, best of lucky to all, bless

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Good luck to all.
    Hope things go as planned, but if they don't,
    there is ALWAYS another way to get the course/job you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

May all your troubles be little ones!

Oh wait ... that's weddings! :p

May Lear proclaim doughtily in your brain, may all your verbs conjugate, may your calculus integrate and differentiate ... and above all, may they do it on the right day, in the right exam!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

Good luck to everyone! Hope we are all happy with what we get

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Best of Luck Everyone, Just relax tonight (go to the cinema! thats what i did!) and Get a good night sleep

And Do do what this guy did

And Do do what ...
    I presume you meant "don't do ...", Mr Smith! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 MyHair

Best of luck to all. Don't stress out too much and get lots of sleep tonight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

C'mon lads!!! Lets do this!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

lc2010 wrote: »
    C'mon lads!!! Lets do this!!!!!!!!!!:cool:
    Should make a LC movie....

'Any Given Wednesday'

Ok I'll go back to King Lear...:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 vicksterchick

Good luck to everyone! :p It'll be a tough few weeks, but as long as you hang in there and do your best, you'll be grand.

Hope everyone gets what they want. :) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Best of luck to everyone, hope it isn't anywhere near as painful as we're anticipating! 17 DAYS! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

good luck boys and girls

don't cheat
    do your best
    get plenty of sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Good luck everyone, give it socks!

And thanks to all the mods for doing an awesome job this year, and to the teachers who have contributed. Happy almost-Summer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Good luck to everyone starting their leaving tomorrow. Yal never do as much study again:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Good luck everyone, just a few words:

Go in relaxed. Don't sit down before the exam and get out every handout and start reading, that increases anxiety and jumbles your brain.

Be calm, stay relaxed, chat with your mates and likewise when you sit in - just take it easy. Have a look through the paper, don't jump to any wild conclusions like "oh no, this looks hard!" and so on.

A level head - an intelligent head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

James Joyce cut more classes than he attended at UCD, averaging less than 50% on many of his exams. Yeats was severely dyslexic (and I'm sure they didn't have spelling waivers back then!) Patrick Kavanagh left formal education at 13 years of age... the Leaving Cert doesn't define your intelligence or your worth as a human being. It'll be alright on the night, as they say!

• Advertisement

And thanks to all the mods for doing an awesome job this year ...
    Why thank you, we almostnever hear that! :cool:
    fauxshow wrote: »
    ... the Leaving Cert doesn't define your intelligence or your worth as a human being.
    True.
    fauxshow wrote: »
    James Joyce cut more classes than he attended at UCD, averaging less than 50% on many of his exams.
    ... though that may have something to do with how Ulysses turned out! >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Just popping in to say good luck to everyone tomorrow, it honestly isn't as bad as it seems, I got 380 last year with little or no study, so you'll all be grand.

And please, for the love of God, if you're accidentally handed Paper 2 keep it to yourself and don't spread it around the country or we'll have another debacle like last year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Best of luck lads and lasses. I'll be turning over when you open your paper. :)

Couldn't resist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 scherzo!

Good luck. You'll all do FIIIIIIIIIIIINE. TRUST ME, DAMNIT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Best of luck to one and all. If you're reading this within the next few hours then you probably should be in bed.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Good luck everyone, It's a stroll in the park. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Best of luck everyone.

It's just dawned on me that it is exactly 20 years since I did my LC. :o

/Old Man

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Best of luck everyone.

It's just dawned on me that it is exactly 20 years since I did my LC. :o

/Old Man

I was about to say 'Oh, same here' when I realised it's 30 years ago for me.
    :eek:

• Advertisement

You sure you don't want me to edit those posts, you two? :p:D

Advertisement