Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuisance neighbours

Options
  • 08-06-2010 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Has anybody any good advice? I live in a private estate in naas, a lot of the houses are rented out but its always been fairly okay. however in the past 12 months the council have moved a family in a few doors down. The garden front and back is full of crap, they've parked a broken down cars and van outside a couple of houses (where i used to park) and party late into teh night. Altough they've 3 kids, they're out the back garden drinking and shouting , and usually a fight ends up starting. last week, 2 cop cars were called to break up some scuffel. it went on till 430am. seriously is there anyting that can be done. the landlord doesn't give a crap. we're dying to get out of the estate now but nobody in their right mind would aactually choose to live there. Its really brought down the estate:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Could you contact the PRTB and make a dispute case? maybe contact the county council, are you renting? if so, involve your landlord and the police and see where you can go from there.

hope you get somewhere with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Complain to the council re cars parked outside other peoples houses, contact the local hse,health center,welfare officer for that estate.
    Shes the one that pays the rent ,organise s accomodation for people on the council waiting list.Get a petition from the residents association with info re problems caused to you.
    Contact centrecare advice center for advice.

If its a private house the hse accept the tenants application for rent allowance ,would it not be better to complain to the hse thru the welfare officer.PRTB IS supposed to mediate in tenant landlord disputes.
    AS far as i know the council does not place anyone in private accomodation ,thats the job of the hse.
    I Think the hse welfare officer can tell them to find a new home to rent,in cases of antisocial behavior.The hse pays 95 per cent of the rent thru rent allowance system.Ring up or go see centrecare they are experts in regard to tenants ,problems council housing etc and they are very helpful.And go see your local td.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,511 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Check the broken down cars for tax and insurance, if they have either missing report them to the Gardai and they will be fined once they are parked on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Elzer

ricman wrote: »
    If its a private house the hse accept the tenants application for rent allowance ,would it not be better to complain to the hse thru the welfare officer.PRTB IS supposed to mediate in tenant landlord disputes.
    AS far as i know the council does not place anyone in private accomodation ,thats the job of the hse.
    I Think the hse welfare officer can tell them to find a new home to rent,in cases of antisocial behavior.The hse pays 95 per cent of the rent thru rent allowance system.Ring up or go see centrecare they are experts in regard to tenants ,problems council housing etc and they are very helpful.And go see your local td.
    Its now called Crosscare..... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You have a few choices. raise a complaint either with the landlord for anti-social behaviour or make individual complaints for each behaviour. You can process a noise complaint through the council or the district court and to the council for waste storage.
    angel01 wrote: »
    Could you contact the PRTB and make a dispute case? maybe contact the county council, are you renting? if so, involve your landlord and the police and see where you can go from there.
    There is little that any of these parties can do, unless they are the landlord of the nuisance neighbour.
    Complain to the council re cars parked outside other peoples houses,
    Presumably its a public road. If the vehicles are taxed, they are entitled to be there.
    Shes the one that ... organise s accomodation for people on the council waiting list.
    No, the council does that.
    PRTB IS supposed to mediate in tenant landlord disputes.
    However, ths is a dispute between neighbours. All the PRTB can do is provide the landlord's contact details.
    Councils do place people in privately owned accommodation under the Rental Accomodation Scheme (RAS). http://www.dublincity.ie/Housing/RAS/Pages/Information%20for%20Landlords.aspx The HSE is largely uninvolved in selecting accommodation and merely funds it, subject to certain conditions.
    The hse pays 95 per cent of the rent thru rent allowance system.
    No. A tenant needs to make a contribution of €24 per week. For most people it would be a lot less than 95%. http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/supplementary-welfare-schemes/rent_supplement
    And go see your local td.
    Local issue. Go to a councillor if anything.

SEE www.crosscare.ie they give good advice re any situation regard
    landlord , tenant problems, if you go in you,ll see someone within 15minutes.AS i said before see your td.
    and they are in contact with the hse , county council s in all areas to do with tenancy, or anti social behavior.You do not have to make an appointment to get advice .

Advertisement