Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Braces?

Options
  • 08-06-2010 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I was wondering what the price of braces would be.
    I know they're not cheap but can anyone give me a rough estimate?
    I'm 16 and I have a couple of crooked teeth and I've decided that braces are the best way to go.
    So does anyone know how much braces are?
    Any help would be great!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Paid about €1000 to €1500 up front.

Then €100 a month at every appointment.

Ended up at about €4000 to €5000 i think. Depends on how bad they are though and whether you need a lot of extractions or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭day dreamer

Hi there

if you have crooked teeth then braces are probably the best way to go but it would be no harm to have your teeth checked with your dentist first.

Standard braces cost about 3500 to 4000 over 2 years or so. You would probably have to pay a deposit of 1000 to start and the balance can be paid during treatment. You or your parents can get 20% back in tax relief. Some type of treatment can cost a bit more or less depending on the type.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DubzSon

Thanks 4 da info guys! It's helped a lot. Have 2 c ya dentist in 2 weeks so we'll see wat he says!
    Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Paid about €1000 to €1500 up front.

Then €100 a month at every appointment.

Ended up at about €4000 to €5000 i think. Depends on how bad they are though and whether you need a lot of extractions or not.

Is that the adding up of visits or another few lump sums?

Advertisement