Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Passport Problem

Options
  • 08-06-2010 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

I've been trying to find some answers to this on the web but haven't been too lucky so far so I thought I'd try boards.

The Dilemma:
    I've booked a flight to Oz to visit my brother for 3 weeks during this holiday I'll be flying to NZ and back to Oz. I leave Ireland on 29th Nov and get back 18th Dec 2010. My passport expires 13 Jan 2011. Is there a chance I'll be turned away at immigration in Oz or New Zealand? I don't know if I should apply for a new passport before I leave since I booked the holiday using my old passport. Should I apply for a new passport and then take both old AND new passports with me.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Yes, get a new passport, you are likely to run into problems. If not with immigration policy then potentially if your arrangments change. Then take both with you.

EDIT: New Zealand require three months past return date.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Cheers for that! Now to get a good photo to look at for 10 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

Have you an ETA already for Australia? I think these may be tied to the passport number. I don't think it's any big deal though if you have to get it changed/apply again.

NZ doesn't require you to have a visa to show up (which is what the ETA is), so no issues there, as long as your passport expires three months from the date of departure.

Advertisement