Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers on the Curragh

Options
  • 08-06-2010 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

There are a number of Traveller families camped on the Curragh, Kildare end, and I notice a lot of dumping going on close by. I was walking the dog yesterday and two travellers dumped a truckload of old fridges into the furze in front of me. The truck got stuck and I was able to get a few photos before they extracted themselves. I don't think they saw me (lucky for me!). I couldn't believe what was going on. The place is filthy now, and the dumping is getting worse by the day. Has anyone else noticed? The Gardaí said they couldn't do much about it because they were from across the border and they were unable to check their vehicles. Who can I call to report this dumping?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

Kildare County Council might be worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

enviro protection agency, local green td, JOE DUFFY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I just sent you a PM Pauly. I'm one of the local councillors you can send what you've got to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

aodh_rua wrote: »
    I just sent you a PM Pauly. I'm one of the local councillors you can send what you've got to me.

Fair play to you aodh rua

I cant bloody stand that sort of c**p, Travellers or settled :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

keving wrote: »
    Fair play to you aodh rua

I cant bloody stand that sort of c**p, Travellers or settled :mad:

plus one there mate.

If these folk want to fit in , which their campaigners suggest they do , then they really should consider policing there own communities.

last year all my friends Snap-on tools where found in one of their sites. 10k worth of tools. Not to mention a few loads of other tradesmens tools. Scum bags is the only word i can think of in there description.

Remember the mess they left behind in Leixlip a few years ago, and then the Naas rd.

What are they thinking when they do that??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

The very same thing happened last year. Once they had left it took 2 lorryloads and a digger to take away all the dumped rubbish.

Prevention is surely better than cure and these people should not be allowed to be there at all - nobody should have the right to camp there, be they traveller, settled, Irish, Greek, Chinese whoever.

It seems to me that those in authority aren't interested as they just pass it on to someone else. Gardai, council, environmental agency, department of defence etc.

Fair play Aodh Rua for looking into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭muppet_man

Same thing happens this time every year, just before the derby festival.
    I always wondered if they timed it in the hope of getting a pay off from the racecourse to leave before their biggest meeting of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

They have left some mess behind down near the Rathangan/Milltown/Kildare junction on the Curragh a few times this year and i have seen the tractors in to clean it up after :(.

Seems they have taking a liken to the other side of the train tracks in the last week or so.

Amazed the way they treat the place and get away with it,but mind you i see some litterers on my back roads throwing out their fastfood rubbish and the likes ,i swear someday i will get one of them convicted,PURE SCUM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Send in the army!

Oh, wait...

Advertisement