Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

xbox 360 repair

• 08-06-2010 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

does anyone around the dublin area fit the red ring of death i tryed the x clamp trick but didn't work :(:( it's my little brothers and ne misses playing it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

How old is the console? If its less than 3 years its still in warranty and you can get it fixed for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭anto2009

VinLieger wrote: »
    How old is the console? If its less than 3 years its still in warranty and you can get it fixed for free.

it's 2yrs old but would the warranty still stand if i opened it up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The warranty is void if you opened it.

Some of the lads over here may be able to help you with a repair if you enquire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

I got red rings, it was a faulty harddrive.Remove the hardrive and reboot, does it load up the dashboard.
    I just bought a 360 20gig drive on adverts.ie for 2oeuro ,and it works fine.
    You just unclip the drive, takes 2 seconds.NO need to open it it to test the hd fault.my console is 5 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭anto2009

anyone know if this guy is good? HERE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

ricman wrote: »
    I got red rings, it was a faulty harddrive.Remove the hardrive and reboot, does it load up the dashboard.
    I just bought a 360 20gig drive on adverts.ie for 2oeuro ,and it works fine.
    You just unclip the drive, takes 2 seconds.NO need to open it it to test the hd fault.my console is 5 years old.

When the console RROD'd it would have given an error code. E68 is a hard drive fault. This isn't the OP's problem, or at least I don't think so.

@anto09: There are several people in the RROD thread who will offer to try fix this. Achilles does the most comprehensive fix going on a no-fix no-fee basis. It does cost €50 but a lot of people will charge €40 for a few washers & screws and call it a fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Alright

I managed to fix mine last week (and it's still working! :D) using disassembly guides found on youtube and two more websites

http://www.instructables.com/id/Fix-the-Red-Ring-of-Deathwithout-towels/step4/Gettin-to-buisness-Remove-the-heatsinks/

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/ring_of_light_x-clamp_fix.

I got some heatsink and screws from work but I'd imagine they're not too hard to come by?

The fix took about 3hrs from start to finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Alright wrote: »
    I managed to fix mine last week (and it's still working! :D) using disassembly guides found on youtube and two more websites

http://www.instructables.com/id/Fix-the-Red-Ring-of-Deathwithout-towels/step4/Gettin-to-buisness-Remove-the-heatsinks/

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/ring_of_light_x-clamp_fix.

I got some heatsink and screws from work but I'd imagine they're not too hard to come by?

The fix took about 3hrs from start to finish

There are many guides on attempting a washer/screws fix on the RROD thread at the top of the forum.

Advertisement