Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I postpone my ct scan?

Options
  • 08-06-2010 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

I have a long term problem with my nose and sinuses (pretty much constant thick green snot in my nose, lots of headaches etc). I went to see an ENT surgeon who prescribed drops for a fortnight followed by a CT scan of my sinuses so he could see what's going on. The problem is I'm now on antibiotics for tonsillitis and every time I take antibiotics they clear up my nose/sinus problem for a couple of weeks. Normally I'm delighted but as my CT is scheduled for next Monday I'm wondering if the antibiotics will affect the result. Should I postpone until they flare up again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I think that you should ring the surgeon and ask. He will be best placed to give you the best advice and I'm sure it's in his interests as much as yours that your scan gives the most accurate assessment of your problem. I don't think they'd mind you asking about this. Often you can leave a message with the secretary and then ring back next day for a response to your query if it's something thats not medically urgent like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 gosling10

I had a ct scan for similar reasons. I certainly was not suffering at the time of the scan but the report came back that I had chronic sinusitis on the right side. Maybe the ct scan will show the long term damage done from the frequent infections.

Advertisement