Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any scooterists on here?

• 08-06-2010 2:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how many (if any) scooterists are on here?
    And by scooterist i mean scooter enthusiast not just someone using a moped to commute to and from work:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

o hai, i r liek teh vespers :D

theres a few lads on here with vespa's, was a thread about it recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Me, kinda.

Well, in the sense that I have 2: a PX and an Atlantic 500.

The SO is/was (?) a major one, back in the day, as they say........has a lot of Northern Soul on vinyl..........she's has a lot, from Sport 100 to Li150 to PX200 to T5 Classic to........er, BMW.......

How I ended up with her, I have no idea ! :D:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

PX200E here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

PX200E here :D

PX125 for me :cool:

PX125 for me :cool:

Cool!.

I used to ride out with the lads from the old Missing Link Scooter Club, but they've long since vanished so far as I know.

There'a a few lads over in the Martial Arts forum who are also scooterists.

Of all the bikes I've rode over the last 25yrs my Vespa is the only one of the lot I truely fell in love with.

Slightly OT, but if I was to get another bike from over those years I'd love either an old RD400 in the Kenny Roberts colours or the RD350YPVS.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Saw three Vespas zooming down the N7 Saturday morning, fair play to them :p

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Saw three Vespas zooming down the N7 Saturday morning, fair play to them :p

:pac:

Actually one of the funniest stories from my biking days is coming up the M50 with a strong tail wind, and a backpack tied to my backrest and the speedo showing off the clock (120kms).

In the mirror I see a bike approaching, the guy pulls up alongside me - points to his speedo and gives me the thumbs up :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

:pac:

Actually one of the funniest stories from my biking days is coming up the M50 with a strong tail wind, and a backpack tied to my backrest and the speedo showing off the clock (120kms).

In the mirror I see a bike approaching, the guy pulls up alongside me - points to his speedo and gives me the thumbs up :D

Haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

I currently drive a TX200 and have another PX200 coming soon...:D

I also used to hang around with the last scooter club in Dublin, the Missing Link SC in the wearly 2000's, althought these days I am in the N11 Saints apparently. Those 3 lads spotted drving last week were probably on the way to the N11 Saints SC rally held last bank holiday weekend in Kildare.

I love the summer, it bring the vespas and lambrettas out in force...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I've a Lambretta GP150, SX200 and a Vespa Sprint, oh and an understanding OH.:)

• Advertisement

Tomohawk wrote: »
    I currently drive a TX200 and have another PX200 coming soon...:D

I also used to hang around with the last scooter club in Dublin, the Missing Link SC in the wearly 2000's, althought these days I am in the N11 Saints apparently. Those 3 lads spotted drving last week were probably on the way to the N11 Saints SC rally held last bank holiday weekend in Kildare.

I love the summer, it bring the vespas and lambrettas out in force...

We must have crossed paths.

I looked through the old Missinglink S.C. website and I see there's still some photos up.

Me and my scooter are in two, up at Johnny Foxes pub!.

I was one of the last in the door of the club in 2003. Went to Holiday in Holland with the lads in 2004, what a trip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

The blokes you met on saturday were probably heading to the N11 Saints rally in Kildangan.
    I'm trying to get a club together in the Wexford area so I said it can't hurt to put this thread up.

There's been a big resurgence of scooterists in the waterford and surrounding areas the last couple of years, their club is called Deise Blues SC.

Advertisement