Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide

Options
  • 08-06-2010 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows how to source this locally?

Can be great for plants, in preserving sprouts from going moldy and if used in very tiny doses can be a something to add to your water to increase oxygen in the body and kill anaerobic cells (I mean a few drops 35% Food Grade ONLY, diluted chorine free water). I'd aim to use it for all three probably.

I'm well aware of the debate that this chemical has had and questions on its safety and I have no interest in joining that debate and starting another on here! ;)

Just like to know if its available and where best to get it? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DIRTY69

for anyone that isn't already aware of it take a look at this:

Hydrogen Peroxide (or H2O2) is a chemical substance. It is found naturally in very low concentrations (i.e. highly diluted) in many places. Some of them are included below:

rainwater, seawater, raw seeds, sprouts, fruit, vegetables, mothers' milk (high amounts, even higher in the first milk), green and black tea, instant coffee (high), the healing waters of Lourdes (The water also has a high magnetic field, contains high amounts of germanium and has high amounts of hydrogen peroxide* *around .25%) and human body cells.

Human body: All healthy cells produce energy by oxidizing glucose. Unhealthy cells ferment glucose anaerobically, producing lactic acid. Fermentation produces only 1/6 of the energy that oxidation does. That means if all of the cells are producing energy through oxidizing glucose you could have up to 6 times the amount of energy supply in the body.

Humans and other mammals and also plants, synthesize H2O2 intracellularly, under endogenous anti-oxidative enzyme control, in particular as an essential component of the immune response against infectious micro-organisms. The ability of our cells to produce hydrogen peroxide is essential for life. The hydrogen peroxide you ingest is absorbed in to your blood stream where enzymes known as peroxidases catalytically decompose the hydrogen peroxide to nothing but water and oxygen.

35% Food Grade: This is used in the production of foods like cheese, eggs, and whey-containing products. It is also sprayed on the foil lining of aseptic packages containing fruit juices and milk products. THIS IS THE ONLY GRADE RECOMMENDED FOR INTERNAL USE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

This might be better moved to Food and Drink as it is not vegetarian specific.

Moved from Vegan and Vegetarian Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Maybe ask your local chemist if they stock it or can source it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dihydrogen monoxide is chemically very similar to Hydrogen Peroxide.
    I can source food grade dihydrogen monoxide for you in you want. Perfectly safe, found naturally in many plants and human body, plus is it tolerable in much stronger doses than hydrogen peroxide

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mellor wrote: »
    Dihydrogen monoxide is chemically very similar to Hydrogen Peroxide.
    I can source food grade dihydrogen monoxide for you in you want. Perfectly safe, found naturally in many plants and human body, plus is it tolerable in much stronger doses than hydrogen peroxide

Hoho. Unfortunately we're not in the Humour forum so replies like that are not helpful to the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Brigidanne

Does anyone know if I can buy food grade hydrogen peroxide in Dublin.....?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Brigidanne this is a very old thread and since your enquiry is area specific, you'd be better starting a thread in the Dublin City forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement