Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steal of the Day!!!

Options
  • 08-06-2010 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Basically hoping to put offers here, genuine offers! Anything fro lunch, dinner, hair, beauty, just to support places that are genuinely making an effort! Got lunch in the g last week, 9.50, for sandwich, soup and coffee. Now that's a deal!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yeah gg1, tá snáth fhada ann cheana féin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Basically hoping to put offers here, genuine offers! Anything fro lunch, dinner, hair, beauty, just to support places that are genuinely making an effort! Got lunch in the g last week, 9.50, for sandwich, soup and coffee. Now that's a deal!

is it?!?!

Better have been an amazing sambo and some truely special soup...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Now that's a deal!
    How? I mean it's a nice contribution towards NAMA and all that but there's a few places in town doing Soup and Sandwich for a fiver. Was this some kind of magic sandwich that produces a dizzying euphoria and a delusion that it's 2006 and we all need more cheap consumer debt?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

BRB, burning money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Garage at top of prospect hill.

Hot chicken roll 2.99 and soup is 1.50 I think.

Soup and big roll for under a fiver.

Only a stones throw from that G spot too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

alright guys, so lunch for a tenner may not be a bargain, but this is lunch from the G. I know that doesn't mean it's any good and it doesn't make it a bargain either but it does make it cheaper than normal.

you can probably get that for around 6euro in Riordans on Quay Street. Admittedly it wont be in as nice a location or as nice staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Lads/Ladettes,

Would ye go easy on the OP. 9.50 is a great deal in the G and you're really not comparing like with like with some of your comparisons.

I now will be able to bring my wife to lunch* in the salubrious surroundings of the G and come up with change from €20. Parkings free as well if I'm not mistaken!

* Now, just to figure out how I confine her choice to the €9.50 deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Yep, Churchview is right. While it is great to know of all the cheap sambo deals it is also nice to know that you can treat someone without breaking the bank.

• Advertisement

The Eye Cinema do a deal where you can get a dinner in the G and a movie after for €29.50 for each person. I would consider that a great bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tony Almeida

The Eye Cinema do a deal where you can get a dinner in the G and a movie after for €29.50 for each person. I would consider that a great bargain.

This may sound innocent, but would that be a one course meal, or a three course meal?

If its a one course, it's average
    If three, then im going tonight

This may sound innocent, but would that be a one course meal, or a three course meal?

If its a one course, it's average
    If three, then im going tonight

I think its either a two course or a three course meal.

Yup. Two course. More info here

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Went to dinner and a movie last year and the food was just fab IMO.

The best we got recently from a local business was from Cuniffe Electric on the tuam road, went in to get some appliances and they outstripped the competition in price and the customer service was really good, not too pushy either. Very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Well there goes that idea! Since when did people stop being nice about things?! Sure if I made it at home it'd cost me a lot less too. I just felt sharing my lovely experience in a place I would otherwise not have afforded was worth sharing. Time to shut up it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Ah now, gg1... I doubt anyone meant any harm. Don't be put off by the responses. The value people place on certain things varies a lot, especially something subjective like the value of having your food in nice surroundings.

Personally, when I saw "soup, sambo & coffee €9" I wasn't that amused by it.

Fair enough it's in the G, but it's still just soup sambo & coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Garage at top of prospect hill.

Hot chicken roll 2.99 and soup is 1.50 I think.

Soup and big roll for under a fiver.

Only a stones throw from that G spot too :D

Where is the garage at the top of prospect hill ?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Seaneh wrote: »
    is it?!?!

Better have been an amazing sambo and some truely special soup...

Well around the corner in the GMIT canteen you'd pay

1.50 soup
    1.50 coffee
    4.00 sandwich

and it would be the foulest most disgusting soup, sandwich and coffee you can imagine so I think OP is on to a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Well i pay 2.55 for coffee soup and a sandwich at work canteen so the G won't be seeing my business soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I'd gladly pay 2.55 for my lunch if I could but I always bring it with me. As a treat the g is fab, for everyday lunch...get real! I meant for a leisurely chilled out lunch where one can chill for hours, catch up etc...ah well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't forget there a whole forum for bargains too
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=346

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

forget the fancy canoodling in the g...get yourself down to tesco and get a giant pizza and six bottles of wifebeater for a bargain price of 6 euros to celebrate the world cup

stella is a decent beer and 6 euros for 6 bottles of stella would be a bargain in itself but the giant pizza too and we are approaching supermarket nirvana

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Sandwich bargains - definately The Gourmet Tart Company just off shop street. Its €3.50 for any sandwich with no limitations on the number of toppings/meats/salads. In fact, they regulary say "are you sure thats all?" when I give them my order. Queues are small and staff are friendly as hell. I haven't bought a sandwich anywhere else since I started going there!

Advertisement