Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rage Against The Machine 8th June O2

Options
  • 08-06-2010 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭

anybody else going to this?
    i cant fuppin wait, have never seen them live before, was a big fan years back in the mid 90's so its a bit of a treat for me.
    also catching up with some mates that i dont get to see too often anymore (although i was boozing with them on thursday night, but before that it was a few months since i seen them!)

bit of gig info taken from here:
    After a storming set at Oxegen inhttp://boards.ie/vbulletin/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=137 2008, Rage Against the Machine have announced their first ever show at The O2, Dublin on June 8th, 2010. The Californian band hit the headlines this year by scooping the top spot in the UK singles charts with the 1992 anthem 'Killing In the Name'. An internet campaign spearheaded by a UK couple led to a chart battle for the Christmas #1 - Rage Against the Machine's 'Killing In the Name' versus the X Factor winner Joe McElderry's 'The Climb'. 'Killing In the Name' sold in excess of 500,000 downloads - 50,000 ahead of McElderry’s offering. As a reward to their UK fans Rage are set to play a free London gig this June, and luckily for us, they'll pop over to Dublin while they're in the area. Don't miss what is set to be one of the most important gigs of this year.

Venue Information
    Directions:
    From O'Connell St walk down the Northside Quays, past the IFSC until you arrive at the venue. The O2 is approximately 20 minutes walk from O'Connell St.

Public Transportation:
    Bus Routes: 53, 53A & 151.

There is a shuttle bus service running from Stephen's Green, Eden Quay and Connolly Station to The O2. These services begin at 18:00 until 20:00 at approx 20 minute intervals, and return to the city centre from The O2 from 10:15 at approx five minute intervals.

Box Office Numbers:
    Groups Booking Line: 0818 220811 or email group.sales@ticketmaster.ie

Box Office Hours:
    Ticket collection at Ticketmaster box office

Box Office Collection Accepted:
    Please collect your tickets from one hour before the performance.

Accessible Seating:
    The venue is accessible to the disabled. Special section allocated for wheelchair users.

Special Needs Hotline: 0818 903001 (Republic of Ireland), 0844 2779964 (Northern Ireland and UK Customers).

General Rules:
    * No video cameras.
    * Strictly No Smoking venue
    * No moshing or Crowdsurfing.

Children Rules:
    Children under 16 must be accompanied by a person 18 years or more.

Parents with small childern are advised to buy seated tickets for all events.

Miscellaneous:
    Events are Subject to Licence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'm going,mainly cause i still enjoy the sounds but also as a little nostalgia buzz as it's 17 years since i last saw them. Looking forward to it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

yeah its a bit of a highlight gig of the summer for me, so really hope im not disappointed.
    cant wait to see the bassist in action, i tried (and largely failed!) taking up the bass just to learn some off what he plays, very catchy sounds altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Does anybody know which entrance is Entrance 1 in the O2?

i have never been to the o2 before im afraid, entrance 1 would suggest the main entrance i guess.

I should really know as I pass it every day coming to/from work. Think I'll park the car in the office and get the LUAS down as if the weather is like this, I ain't getting soaked 2 days before my final ever exam. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Wouldn't cross the road to see them after this debacle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

What happened?

Funkfield wrote: »

after what debacle?

Funkfield wrote: »
    I'm assuming that he's talking about the Finsbury Park gig where they only played 12 songs?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Anyone know what time they are on stage?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

dcr22B wrote: »
    I'm assuming that he's talking about the Finsbury Park gig where they only played 12 songs?

Oh really? im gonna have to leave early to get the last bus home :( on MCD.ie it says they are on stage at 9.15pm so im gonna leave around 10.30/10.40

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Can't wait, good group of us going aswell.

Whats the best pub to go to beforehand Bruxelles or Fibbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

that gig had a 10:30 curfew and also spent quite a bit of time getting the facebook campaigners onstage etc.. their other sets last week were longer but Rage sets have never been particularly long anyway...

bazmaiden wrote: »
    Can't wait, good group of us going aswell.

Whats the best pub to go to beforehand Bruxelles or Fibbers?

i havent a clue of dublin really but im hearing good things about the new fibbers, pitchers for 9-10 yoyos interest me!

Dyflin wrote: »
    Anyone know what time they are on stage?

Here's the stage times from MCD.

Doors 6.30pm
    Gallows 7pm
    Gogol Bordello 8pm
    Rage Against the Machine 9.15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

lord lucan wrote: »
    Here's the stage times from MCD.

Doors 6.30pm
    Gallows 7pm
    Gogol Bordello 8pm
    Rage Against the Machine 9.15pm

cheers lucan,

saves going to MCD's site :-)

I'd rather have Gallows as the second band on, but never mind.......will have a listen to Gogol Bordello and if it really isn't doing it for me there's always the bar.....

I'll leave turning up until 20.30 or so,no interest in any of the other acts tbh.

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'll leave turning up until 20.30 or so,no interest in any of the other acts tbh.
    Same with myself, straight through the Port Tunnel at 8 bells and dump the car in the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Haha! I bet I'm the first one home! That's kinda sad. Oh well, I'm locked and have whiplash & what feels like roid raage . YEAAA!!! :mad: Ah! That show was amazing!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Does he mean the FREE gig they did, as a thank-you for the Christmas #1 last year? The gig that was disrupted by "fans" breaking down the fence and storming in?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Oh dear, tomorrow morning is going to suck! I doubt I'll be able to move either arm, and I really hurt my left knee in there. Ah well, my right leg is okay, I think, and I experienced an awesome gig. That's what counts.

**** me,felt like i was 19 all over again. Wanted to go into town and wreck the kip!:pac:

Savage show,forgotten how good they were at working the crowd. Well worth the few bob paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BrianSlipknot

Did anyone else nearly die 2nite?! :):):)

Wow what a show!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

was very dissapointed with this gig ,very bad support felt like i was at a barney show or roofie from the simpsons

rage where not great very sloppy and alot of songs sounding slow and out of sync or something ,really love this band but live is not one one of the good things about them defo not worth the money

the crowd was great havent seen the 02 that crazy in a good while ,although there where alot of a**holes there throwing half glasses of beer or just being stupid i think i nearly ended up in 3 fights becos of people being stupid . ,there was a group in front of me and every few mins they would go to the bar come back with pints take one or two mouthfulls and throw the rest wtf!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

****ing savage, savage gig. I'm in bits this morning.

How anyone can be disappointed is totally beyond me? RATM were just phenomenal!! Political rock at it's best.

Plenty of numpties and kids who were in playschool when the burning monk image first graced the shelves of record shops in the early 90s. But it was still funny as **** to see three high vis clad "security" guards walk into the middle of the mosh pit when they were just about to explode into Know Your Enemy :pac: They dragged one guy out, yeah he started it :rolleyes:

Fantastic night and a great band!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Hmmmmm, have to say I was completely underwhelmed. The crowd however were fantasitc in terms of reaction on the floor and the seats, despite a fair share of gimps.

RATM were disticntly messy last night and on more than one occassion the rythm section and then Morello made clear mistakes. I just think that while I like RATM a full set shows their limitations and after about 6/7 songs they start to sound one dimensional.

Funny how De La Rocha was ranting about capitalism and countires debt/recession etc. but isn't shy about taking €70 per ticket and selling expensive merch:rolleyes:

Dyflin wrote: »
    ****ing savage, savage gig. I'm in bits this morning.

How anyone can be disappointed is totally beyond me? RATM were just phenomenal!! Political rock at it's best.

Plenty of numpties and kids who were in playschool when the burning monk image first graced the shelves of record shops in the early 90s. But it was still funny as **** to see three high vis clad "security" guards walk into the middle of the mosh pit when they were just about to explode into Know Your Enemy :pac: They dragged one guy out, yeah he started it :rolleyes:

Fantastic night and a great band!

you where too busy moshing too listen too the band id say :p

dont get me wrong i love rage ,just thought alot of the songs sounded slopy and not together and not at normal pace. bass was also sounding awful until they turned it up when toms guitar broke.i wouldnt be pushed on seeing them again

Vudgie wrote: »
    Hmmmmm, have to say I was completely underwhelmed. The crowd however were fantasitc in terms of reaction on the floor and the seats, despite a fair share of gimps.

RATM were disticntly messy last night and on more than one occassion the rythm section and then Morello made clear mistakes. I just think that while I like RATM a full set shows their limitations and after about 6/7 songs they start to sound one dimensional.

Funny how De La Rocha was ranting about capitalism and countires debt/recession etc. but isn't shy about taking €70 per ticket and selling expensive merch:rolleyes:

completly agree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Vudgie wrote: »

This debacle!

• Advertisement

At least we know the recession must be over. The amount of €6 pints that were being thrown around last night was unreal. Waste of good gargle if you ask me.:(

Advertisement