Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy the Irish Fire-fighter

Options
  • 08-06-2010 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭

Paddy the Irish Fire-fighter was walking along the street during his
    once-in-a-lifetime visit to New York when he rounds a corner and there's a
    high rise building on fire.

Paddy, ever the kind-hearted and resourceful Irishman, runs up to the
    building to see if he can help--and notices people trapped 5 stories up.

Paddy yells to the people:
    'I'm Patrick Sean Michael Fitzpatrick, an Irish Fire Fighter on holiday,
    I'm also a Rugby Union fullback!

If you jump, I'll catch you!"

One lady, in desperation, jumps and sure enough Paddy catches her.

Then a man sees that Paddy catches the woman and jumps.

Sure enough, Paddy catches him as well.

Then a black man jumps out and crashes to the sidewalk.

Paddy didn't even attempt to catch him.

Paddy looks up and yells,

"Don't be throwin' me the fookin' burnt ones!"

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

not only is the joke racist its also utterly tasteless and pretty bad!!

probably would have laughed if i was 5!! but god loves a tryer so keep it up !;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

.SONIC. wrote: »

Racist how?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

probably would have laughed if i was 5!! but god loves a tryer so keep it up !;)
    Looks like someone dosen't have a sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

How is that racist ... you need to get your head out of the sand and snap out of that PC world you are living in ........(See what i did there :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement

FruitLover wrote: »
    Racist how?

so reffering to black people as burnt isnt racist???

correction, I am god but gingers still dont have souls!!
    but honestly, hes just gone and made it worse for himself, hes gonna get the sh1t ripped out of him now!!!

stupid ginger!!

So Gingers have no souls and are stupid........and you are only racist against Gingers
    doh.gif

seriously, please tell me how you find that 'joke' funny? you sound like someone who was rared on RTE1 because you were too far south to get the BBCs, CH4 etc...... remarkable ignorance, and in fact, you have displayed a sense of ignorance which is mildly humourous. I can only imagine where you are from; GAA centric locality, smallish town, probably by-passed; you may not have travelled, in fact you are probably very young (I hope). In a nutshell, you are not very intelligent. I hope your other half runs off with a black guy, then you'll know the difference between black and white people :pac:

As far I'm aware personal attacks are not allowed on this forum.

All your assumptions about me are wrong.

I am from Dublin City Centre, have an excellent education.
    Lived in America for 17 years, traveled all over the Middle and Far East.

I can speak Arabic and Urdu and a few other languages.

Your comments about "GAA centric locality, smallish town, probably by-passed;" are proof that you have narrow outlook on people that live in those places and that you are somewhat superior to them.

And you admit to there been a difference between Black and White people.

Well I have lived in countries with Black and White people and the most Racist people I came across were Black people.

Once while I was living in a very nice area Brimingham for a short time.
    All the street was white people.
    One black family moved in and all the childern played together.
    Another black family moved in, then the blacks only played with other.
    Soon the whites starting moving out until we were the last ones' living there.

They made our life hell to get rid of us, car loads of the parked in our driveway and outside our house blasting their jungle music at full blast.

When I went out to confront them, I was met with all sorts of Knives and swords and various weapons.

All though I am pretty handy and can look after myself, they would have cut me to pieces.

We had to move out, last time I was over in Birmingham, I drove down to the street where we used to live.

The place a slum not fit for people to live in,

They blamed it on the whites.

Plenty of these places popping up in Blancherstown,,,,,,,,,,so you should think of moving there if you love the fookers so much.

Also if you want to make comments about my wife PM me your Address and I'll drop around for a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

Your comments about "GAA centric locality, smallish town, probably by-passed;" are proof that you have narrow outlook on people that live in those places and that you are somewhat superior to them.

Well I have lived in countries with Black and White people and the most Racist people I came across were Black people.

They made our life hell to get rid of us, car loads of the parked in our driveway and outside our house blasting their jungle music at full blast.

When I went out to confront them, I was met with all sorts of Knives and swords and various weapons.

All though I am pretty handy and can look after myself, they would have cut me to pieces.

We had to move out, last time I was over in Birmingham, I drove down to the street where we used to live.

Plenty of these places popping up in Blancherstown,,,,,,,,,,so you should think of moving there if you love the fookers so much.

Also if you want to make comments about my wife PM me your Address and I'll drop around for a chat.

Well said and funnily enough very true whether the p.c. brigade like it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

seriously, please tell me how you find that 'joke' funny? you sound like someone who was rared on RTE1 because you were too far south to get the BBCs, CH4 etc...... remarkable ignorance, and in fact, you have displayed a sense of ignorance which is mildly humourous. I can only imagine where you are from; GAA centric locality, smallish town, probably by-passed; you may not have travelled, in fact you are probably very young (I hope). In a nutshell, you are not very intelligent. I hope your other half runs off with a black guy, then you'll know the difference between black and white people :pac:
    The joke isn't about black people. Its about Irish people and how uneducated they are about different races.
    The joke isn't racist as such, but is on the dark humour side.

the_dark_side, attack the post and not the poster. Leave personal comments out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

Racist how?

If you can't tell, you're probably racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

DOn't know if its racist but it was a crap joke and a poor variation on the following (i think i heard this in 2nd class,it was the hot shiz at the time)

Paddy is on holidays in new york,when he sees a building on fire...

blah blah blah

There is a woman on the 5th floor holding a baby screaming.

Throw down the baby mam shouts paddy.

You'll never catch it she screams

Throw down the baby mam,im a cotner forward for my local club back home we were county champions this year....

SO the women throws down the baby.

Sure enough Paddy stretches into the air and catches it safely,there is a massive cheer from the people around..

Paddy then proceeds to bounce the baby once and launch back up in the air with an almighty boot!

:D

Is that baby-ist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

apologies for the comments, a few drinks on board when I posted the remarks... I'll take back what I said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I laughed :D

apologies for the comments, a few drinks on board when I posted the remarks... I'll take back what I said.

Thanks mate....i didn't mind you having a go at me but not my missus as she is the most gentle person that I have ever known.

Take care Darkside :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

tossy wrote: »

Throw down the baby mam,im a cotner forward for my local club back home we were county champions this year....

Sure enough Paddy stretches into the air and catches it safely,there is a massive cheer from the people around..

Paddy then proceeds to bounce the baby once and launch back up in the air with an almighty boot!

Sorry MonkieSocks! your fast becoming my humour hero!

but this joke tops it! Class!

so reffering to black people as burnt isnt racist???

:rolleyes:

You have entirely missed the point of the joke. The idea is that Paddy is so thick that he thinks the black people are burnt (he doesn't realize that there are people with black skin).

Had he said something along the lines of 'don't be throwing me down them wogs', then you would have a point. As it is, you do not.
    ArseBurger wrote: »
    If you can't tell, you're probably racist.

Thanks for your armchair-psychology input, ultimately pointless as it is. I think it's far more likely (particularly as I currently live in Asia) that rather than being racist, I'm simply not a PC-obsessed idiot who jumps to the conclusion that any sentence containing the word 'black' is somehow racist.

aaahh riitee,

i took it as some pathetic attempt at racism!!!:(

Thanks for your armchair-psychology input, ultimately pointless as it is. I think it's far more likely (particularly as I currently live in Asia) that rather than being racist, I'm simply not a PC-obsessed idiot who jumps to the conclusion that any sentence containing the word 'black' is somehow racist.

You live in Asia? Awwwwwwwwwww, how's about that. So do I.

I'll bet some of your best friends are Asian too.

You live in Asia? Awwwwwwwwwww, how's about that. So do I

Your point?

• Advertisement

Your point?

The same as whatever yours was.

huh? exactly.

The same as whatever yours was.

huh? exactly.

My point was that it would be highly unlikely for a racist to live in a part of the world where they themselves would be an ethnic minority (I would have thought that this was easy to deduce). This was in response to your childish and lazy implication that I'm 'probably' a racist.

Can you explain to everyone how that point applies to your last post?

My point was that it would be highly unlikely for a racist to live in a part of the world where they themselves would be an ethnic minority

You haven't lived in Asia long then have you?

Racism, as you know seeing as you live in Asia, is rife amongst the white man even more so when they are in the populace minority. However, not the financial minority.

Which is easy to deduce when living rather than travelling abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

did ya hear about the 2 spanish fire fighters
    jose and hose b

You haven't lived in Asia long then have you?

Racism, as you know seeing as you live in Asia, is rife amongst the white man even more so when they are in the populace minority. However, not the financial minority.

Several years. I haven't met any white (or black, for that matter) people so far that I'd consider racist.

Having said that, I don't know that many non-Asian people here - the majority of my friends and colleagues are natives or from surrounding countries. Now, Mr. Freud, in your professional opinion does this make me more or less racist?

Or are you just arguing for the sake of argument at this point?

Several years. I haven't met any white (or black, for that matter) people so far that I'd consider racist.

Having said that, I don't know that many non-Asian people here - the majority of my friends and colleagues are natives or from surrounding countries. Now, Mr. Freud, in your professional opinion does this make me more or less racist?

Or are you just arguing for the sake of argument at this point?

I am just telling it like I see it.

Expats tend to be extremely racist. As a generalisation. It shocked me at first. Now I'm used to it. That doesn't mean I either condone or tolerate it, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

Humour: 3 a : that quality which appeals to a sense of the ludicrous or absurdly incongruous b : the mental faculty of discovering, expressing, or appreciating the ludicrous or absurdly incongruous c : something that is or is designed to be comical or amusing.

None of which any of the above is. Any chance of taking your "I'm better travelled/informed/less racist than you" bollocks elsewhere? Thanks.

what do you call south african footballers wife's

gollywags :pac:

3 hillbillies sittin on the porch
    1st one says my wife's so dumb she bought fridge we aint got no letric
    2nd says my wife's so dumb she bought a washing machine aint got no water
    3rd says my wife's dumber than dumber she bought a box of condoms
    and she got no dick :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

tossy wrote: »
    DOn't know if its racist but it was a crap joke and a poor variation on the following (i think i heard this in 2nd class,it was the hot shiz at the time)

blah blah blah

:D

Is that baby-ist?

If there's racism anywhere it's only towards Irish people.

Being from Kildare you should know the other version:

Paddy is on holidays in new york,when he sees a building on fire... blah blah blah

"Throw down the baby mam", shouts Paddy.

"You'll never catch it!", she screams.

"Throw down the baby man, I'm a corner forward for Kildare!"

Paddy got three years for manslaughter

Advertisement