Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APPLY FOR STUDENT VISA WHILE ON HOL VISA???

Options
  • 08-06-2010 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I am hoping to study in Oz and I am wondering if anyone knows whether it's possible for me to out there first on a holiday visa in order to first hand see different colleges and talk face to face to people running courses and make my decision on which course/college wud suit me and then whilst there on the hol visa apply for a student one, or is it a case that as an International student I need to be in my home country when putting in my application???
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

There are no restrictions for students applying for a further Student visa in Australia by post or in person, however applications made more than 93 days in advance of the course commencement date will be carefully assessed and may be refused if a decision-maker considers the applicant is unlikely to be a genuine student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cerey

jack128 wrote: »
    I am hoping to study in Oz and I am wondering if anyone knows whether it's possible for me to out there first on a holiday visa in order to first hand see different colleges and talk face to face to people running courses and make my decision on which course/college wud suit me and then whilst there on the hol visa apply for a student one, or is it a case that as an International student I need to be in my home country when putting in my application???
    Thanks.

You can apply for your student visa within or outside of Australia. You will need letter of acceptance from your prospective uni, and pretty much straight forward application process for student visa.
    Easy as Mate :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jack128

Thanks for those replys, I'm just totally lost on how to go about getting into a course in Oz.
    The other half is now thinking of moving to Newcastle and I think I'm too late to apply for the next few months intake!!
    Are there any organisations in Ireland that help people who wish to study abroad, coz I need some help:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

What do you want to study? Also what age are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jack128

I was thinking business or hospitality !! I'd probably be more drawn to hospitality and I'm 28.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Be very careful about which college you pick, a lot of the international colleges are absolute cowboys. Stick to the established universities.

Advertisement