Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend in Dublin for a concert

Options
  • 08-06-2010 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

hey everyone.
    am new to boards so hope i am putting this in the right place!

am coming to dublin for the weekend, arriving friday evening until sunday morning. we are goin to concert in the RDS, staying in temple bar. have couple of questions.

have read online there is no parking available at the hotel we are stayin in. the temple bar hotel. where is the nearest and cheapest place to park. will prob leave the car for the whole time we are in dublin. friday 8pm until sunday 12pm??

i have no idea where temple bar and the RDS are in relation to each other?!? how will we get to and from there, cab? how much will that cost?

have been out in dublin twice. once we were in a place called howl at the moon and the other time we were in a club that i cant remember the name of but it was close enough to coppers? anyway i have no idea where these places are either, i followed the leader on the night basically!! where should we go for a drink after the concert, anywhere near the RDS? dont really fancy going back to temple bar. is howl at the moon too out of the way? will we be getting taxis to the concert, from the concert to a pub or club, and then back to temple bar again?

any help or advice much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Cant help you with the car parking question but i can help you with the other 2

The 4 and the 7 bus both go right outside the rds and you can get them from trinity college which is a few minutes from temple bar.

If your going out afterwards i recommend walking back to town. its a straight walk and there'll be 30,000 people going the same way. it's about a 20 minute walk from the rds to howl at the moon and then another 10 minutes to temple bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Have a look here: Dublin Events - might give you a few pointers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

there is a car park on fleet street which is pretty cheap, i think it's under 10euro over night, that is about 4mins walk to your hotel...
    when you're coming back to town it just depends what you're after really, whelans and the village on wexford street are nice places, the village generally has a 23-30's crowd and whelans might be a bit younger. they both play alt/indie music / electro/dance...
    you could also go to flannerys, it's also on wexford street, quite a mixed crowd, very busy, most people that go here then go to the palace (across the street) or to coppers (around the corner)...mostly pop music...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

thanks everyone. if weather is ok then we might walk to and from the RDS. depends what shoes i am wearing too!!

just another question. there is rugby on at half 8 sat morning and himself wants to see it, what are the chances? its on sky sports 1 i think. anywhere he could go watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'd ring your hotel and ask about car parking, while fleet street might have a cheap overnight rate the rate doesn't apply for daytime hours and you'll be charged per hour I believe. That could be quite costly. Your hotel might have a deal for their residents with that car park.

Not sure about the rugby, I'd say the hotel has Sky Sports?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

some hotels are showing the rugby with full irish breakfast. theres a multi story opposite the temple bar hotel as said, get the bus to the rds.

where to head out in town.....eh how long you got? if you enjoyed howl at the moon, theres a lot of similar places to it. diceys/dtwo may have been where ya were near coppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Another way to the RDS, probably easier than the bus is to take the DART from Tara street (On the south quays, a little east of O'Connell bridge) to Sandymount and back. After a gig, the roads around the RDS get very busy with pedestrians, so you could be waiting a while for a bus.

When you get to Sandymount, turn right outside the station, and it's 5 minutes walk to the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

hey everyone.
    change of plan. we are not heading up to dublin til saturday now and will be staying in jurys croke park. free parking and shuttle bus to the concert for €7 euro each return. is there anywhere near croke park that would be good craic after the concert or are we better off just goin somwhere else(not availing of the return shuttle bus) and gettin cab home later?

also we havent paid for breakfast in jurys, is there anywhere else nice and reasonable near there that we could get it if we dont fancy having it in the hotel sunday morning?

df1985 i think it was dtwo that we were in before aswell. name rings a bell!

Advertisement