Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part 4 Tenancy and 4 year rule?

Options
  • 08-06-2010 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

I have contacted threshold about this and am waiting for them to come back to me, but in the mean time I thought I'd bounce it around here, I'm sure someone will have the answer.

In part 4 tenancy, after 4 years it resets meaning that a LL can ask you to leave without the next 6 months without giving you a justifiable reason. My question is, does the notice period reset or do they still have to give the full 112 days notice to the tenant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

The notice doesn't reset, for 4 or more years it is 112 days.
    It is based on duration of tenancy, which isn't changed by the tenancy being re-registered

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

wench wrote: »
    The notice doesn't reset, for 4 or more years it is 112 days.
    It is based on duration of tenancy, which isn't changed by the tenancy being re-registered

100% agree.

See section 42 of the RTA.

Advertisement