Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question on Speech/Talk Composition

Options
  • 08-06-2010 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Very minor little thing, but if you pick the write a speech/write a talk option for Composing on English Paper I, how important would it be, if at all, to include 'Chairperson, adjudicator, timekeeper, members of the house...etc.' as your intro? Only because if the personal essay option doesn't agree with me, I'll likely end up doing the speech. I can do the short story fine, but not in the time given, so I'm looking to do an option that can be concluded whenever you want.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

A girl in my class when I did the Leaving Cert was the only one in our year who did the speech question and she included chair people etc at the start of hers. She went on to get a B in the end.

If I were doing it I wouldn't spend a whole lot of time naming everybody. Keep it short and move on to your main point of your argument. :) Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 LNags

give the genaral idea... it might just be a talk to parents or classmates so its possible you wont have to say all those people!!

That would only be used in a debate afaik. If it's just a speech 'Ladies and gentlemen' or something similar would suffice.

Advertisement