Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best wireless broadband in Dungarvan?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Steve30x wrote: »

Now does anybody know what we do with the caseys modem?

I've only just switched over this morning and my Samsung Smart TV won't accept the Ethernet cable but it takes the Wi-Fi without any issues, everything else seems to be good with a boost to the upload speeds.

I was told a while back even before we got the box fitted that someone would be around to pick up the Casey's Modems. Technically we don't own those modems so if they want to collect it they can as they're no good to anyone anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I've only just switched over this morning and my Samsung Smart TV won't accept the Ethernet cable but it takes the Wi-Fi without any issues, everything else seems to be good with a boost to the upload speeds.

I was told a while back even before we got the box fitted that someone would be around to pick up the Casey's Modems. Technically we don't own those modems so if they want to collect it they can as they're no good to anyone anymore.
    I literally spent days trying to get the wireless work with my 2018 LG 43UK6400PLF. I had to change various wifi settings in the modem itself before it would work because it randomly disconnects. I could go hours without any problems and all of a sudden I would have no wifi connected to the modem on my TV then when I tried to reconnect it would fail asking for the password every time and thats frustrating having to enter the password over and over again with the remote control. I've entered the password so many times now that I remember all of it. I never had such trouble with the caseys modem.After changing the settings in the modem I haven't had any problems with a few days now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

In my house in kilgobnet, Vodafone is quite good for reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Anyone experiencing now and then outages of Virginmedia broadband, since the switchover? I experienced two times since the switchover. Both times it was for nearly 2-3 days till the technician had to come and fix it. First time it was some modem issue; second time it was some wire (hardware) connection issue.

Currently, 3rd time, yesterday, the connection went off for 15 min twice and got rectified itself.

mac.in wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing now and then outages of Virginmedia broadband, since the switchover? I experienced two times since the switchover. Both times it was for nearly 2-3 days till the technician had to come and fix it. First time it was some modem issue; second time it was some wire (hardware) connection issue.

Currently, 3rd time, yesterday, the connection went off for 15 min twice and got rectified itself.
    I haven't had any blackouts yet and I have been switched over two and a half months ago.

• Advertisement

eeloe wrote: »
    Here we go

This is what I am getting as of right now. The upload speed is much better but I had to connect my TV directly via ethernet because no matter what I do it keeps disconnecting from the router via wireless even though the router is literally just two foot away from my TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Anyone still have a cablesurf email address as in yourname@cablesurf.com?

Just interested how long they will be keeping the server going or if its due to be switched off. Email support is currently useless for the old cablesurf addresses and I'm trying to get someone who uses one for their business to set up their own domain name and email because of problems this week with the cablesurf mail server. Seems the Gmail have the cablesurf mail servers IP address blocked so you can't send mail to Gmail users from a cablesurf email address? Also interested if anyone else has the issue (or not)?

Maybe their address is no longer active and deleted. Is their office in the industrial estate still open?

Steve30x wrote: »
    Maybe their address is no longer active and deleted. Is their office in the industrial estate still open?

They still have the mail server up and running for the old cablesurf.com domain email addresses and mail works fine for every other email domain we've tried but nothing arrives at Gmail addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭joebre

my3cents wrote: »
    Anyone still have a cablesurf email address as in yourname@cablesurf.com?

Just interested how long they will be keeping the server going or if its due to be switched off. Email support is currently useless for the old cablesurf addresses and I'm trying to get someone who uses one for their business to set up their own domain name and email because of problems this week with the cablesurf mail server. Seems the Gmail have the cablesurf mail servers IP address blocked so you can't send mail to Gmail users from a cablesurf email address? Also interested if anyone else has the issue (or not)?

I have a Cablesurf address but am not a Cablesurf / Virgin Media customer.
    My mail has stoped working since Monday and I cannot access mail.cablesurf.com server either.
    Is anybody else having the same trouble ?

• Advertisement

Just checked now (telnet to the mail server mail1.net.cablesurf.com) and the server is still up and running.

Edit> As is the webmail page https://mail.cablesurf.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lemon_Drop

Just to revive an old thread. Virgin Media have been in operation since Casey's shut down. Its been nearly a year and a half of more since then. Is there better options on the market now to consider moving, I know Vodafone were talking about Gigabit Broadband in Dungarvan, but I don't know if anyone ever had it. Or is there any other provider out there that give a better deal than Virgin? Not just speed wise but value wise also.

Advertisement