Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best wireless broadband in Dungarvan?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I'm within range but I'm constantly losing my internet connection and when we ask Caseys about it they just say "We're working on it" - it's been about 6 months. It goes off for like 20 minutes every 3 hours almost - not a big deal but I'd expect the internet connection to stay on all the time.

i get the same problem
    and tbh i'm sick of Casey's. the staff are ignorant the engineers haven't a clue.

i hope upc is coming to dungarvan soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

Hslaw wrote: »
    i get the same problem
    and tbh i'm sick of Casey's. the staff are ignorant the engineers haven't a clue.

i hope upc is coming to dungarvan soon.
    I have their modem too and the speed I am getting from their internet is not consistent. Not only that but they tend to update the firmware every once in a while in the router remotely and it messes with the routers settings. I reckon they get the cheapest modem / routers they can get and charge us a premium for them. Not only that but the upload speed they advertise is not what you actually get. My maximum upload speed is 1.8mb/s which is abysmal and so 2001.

Also as you mention the engineers. T about six years ago my internet kept cutting off completely every thirty seconds. This went on for five weeks. Every time the engineers called up to the appartment I was staying in down in the quay they changed some new cables and blamed my computer. So after talking to my neighbours they had the same problem. It turned out that it was their server was on the blink. I knew it wasn't my computer because I built and maintained it myself but the engineer was rude to me when I told him it wasnt on my end.

Steve30x wrote: »
    I have their modem too and the speed I am getting from their internet is not consistent. Not only that but they tend to update the firmware every once in a while in the router remotely and it messes with the routers settings. I reckon they get the cheapest modem / routers they can get and charge us a premium for them. Not only that but the upload speed they advertise is not what you actually get. My maximum upload speed is 1.8mb/s which is abysmal and so 2001.

Also as you mention the engineers. T about six years ago my internet kept cutting off completely every thirty seconds. This went on for five weeks. Every time the engineers called up to the appartment I was staying in down in the quay they changed some new cables and blamed my computer. So after talking to my neighbours they had the same problem. It turned out that it was their server was on the blink. I knew it wasn't my computer because I built and maintained it myself but the engineer was rude to me when I told him it wasnt on my end.

im having problems connecting my pc to the modem, anytime they come out they just say its the pc. im paying Casey and connecting to my pc to a neighbours Eircom.:rolleyes:

any idea if upc will be coming to Dungarvan. apparently Casey stopped them

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I really hope Vodafone bring their *proper broadband* to Dungarvan. 70MB Fiber powered broadband for 40 a month sounds much more appealing. At any rate - this is a speed test from last week I did to London on Casey's.

3063589819.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

any idea if upc will be coming to Dungarvan. apparently Casey stopped them

Stopped them? By not selling to them?

lertsnim wrote: »
    Stopped them? By not selling to them?

I don't really know how much truth is to that story i only herd bits and pieces

apparently UPC and Casey went to court. i think UPC wanted to lay fibre cables around the town and casey objected to it because they want to use his pipes to lay the cable in.

but apparently it went back to court and casey got over ruled.

like i said i don't know how much of it is true or if any of it is.

hopefully someone on here might be able to shed a bit more light

hopefully it is a true story and UPC will be in Dungarvan. other wise casey is just going to keep robbing us

im having problems connecting my pc to the modem, anytime they come out they just say its the pc. im paying Casey and connecting to my pc to a neighbours Eircom.:rolleyes:
    That sounds about right lol. They haven't a clue what they are doing a lot of the time.

It would be require a massive investment from UPC to put cable down across the whole town. The only way I can see them in Dungarvan is by buying out Casey. Wouldn't be a bad thing really as at least then the town might get a decent tv service.

lertsnim wrote: »
    It would be require a massive investment from UPC to put cable down across the whole town. The only way I can see them in Dungarvan is by buying out Casey. Wouldn't be a bad thing really as at least then the town might get a decent tv service.
    I agree. The TV service and customer service from Caseys isn't good at all. The only thing going for caseys TV is the Free sky movies. Otherwise his channel listings is abysmal.

• Advertisement

I agree. The TV service and customer service from Caseys isn't good at all. The only thing going for caseys TV is the Free sky movies. Otherwise his channel listings is abysmal.

anyone else having connectivity issues with caseys
    my connection keeps dropping its being happening over a week.

i'm seriously sick of his internet lately

anyone else having connectivity issues with caseys
    my connection keeps dropping its being happening over a week.

i'm seriously sick of his internet lately
    Theres a lot of people all around the town with problems with caseys internet with the past two weeks. I know because a few of us were discussing it on facebook a few nights ago.

Not in Dungarvan myself anymore but my cousin was complaining about his connection with Caseys during the week

Theres a lot of people all around the town with problems with caseys internet with the past two weeks. I know because a few of us were discussing it on facebook a few nights ago.

it's a pain it can drop off and stay gone for hours, or days the first time it happened.

he also needs to drop his prices a bit.

That wont happen. Hes too greedy. He buys the cheapest hardware then fobs it off to us at above premium prices

I've started having serious problems again since Thursday. It seemed like it got back to normal then it started to slow down on Thursday night and now I'm only getting 1 to 3MB download for speed tests. This is absolutely ridiculous.

I've started having serious problems again since Thursday. It seemed like it got back to normal then it started to slow down on Thursday night and now I'm only getting 1 to 3MB download for speed tests. This is absolutely ridiculous.
    If you can access the routers user interface then try enabling the firewall and if its enabled increase the protection level. Also the best thing you could do is use a 94 key WPA2 key. The key caseys give you is absolutely useless.

Still no luck unfortunately.

I've wired myself into the router and still getting horrible results.

*Edit* - I always test to the same Host in London - So it's not the location

3107828113.png

Still no luck unfortunately.

I've wired myself into the router and still getting horrible results.

*Edit* - I always test to the same Host in London - So it's not the location
    Have you tried unplugging the modem / router for ten minutes?

Have you tried unplugging the modem / router for ten minutes?

Yes I have I've tried most of the basics. Turning off for 10 minutes - Rebooting from Router-UI and rebooting manually.

It was running fine during the week up until thursday night, I was getting 20MBPS+.

• Advertisement

Yes I have I've tried most of the basics. Turning off for 10 minutes - Rebooting from Router-UI and rebooting manually.

It was running fine during the week up until thursday night, I was getting 20MBPS+.
    Did you check the firewall log? I had a similar problem a few weeks ago and I found SYN and DOS attacks on my IP so I turned up the firewall setting to high for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭revisionist

doesnt your man steve pc do internet access? he used to have a computer shop in dungarvan but i think he does internet etc now

doesnt your man steve pc do internet access? he used to have a computer shop in dungarvan but i think he does internet etc now
    No John coleman does internet not Steves PC suppliers. I know steve personally. He is a friend of mine. Steve has a small shop behind eurospar , but he doesnt do internet access.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

I would say Steve is well worth talking too, brilliant guy, I bring my computer's down to him.
    Foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭revisionist

Dealt with him before, did not find him the most affable individual....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 warrencrescent

Hey, is there anyone in dungarvan or abbeyside who can see Ring from their house and has fast broadband?

If so then I want to hear from you. I'm willing to pay for half your internet costs. Hit me up for further details.

otyler78@yahoo.com

Did you check the firewall log? I had a similar problem a few weeks ago and I found SYN and DOS attacks on my IP so I turned up the firewall setting to high for a few days.

I never even released you asked me this question, sorry for not responding.

In any case I had a wireless issues with Casey's last week and they dropped by and due to a set of issues with the router it had to be replaced but I was informed that all the normal 30Mbps and 60Mbps were being upgraded to 120 for free for the usual price.

So I would suggest that you try and speed test to see if you've been upgraded also I was told they are working on bringing the Upload Speed to 10Mbps which is handy.

Results below:
    3664348257.png

I did do a speedtest and it hasn't been upgraded. My upload speed is still an abysmal 1.8mb/s.

i was on Casey all along. some sales rep for Vodafone was going around a few weeks ago so i decided to give it a try. since it was meant to be 70 Mbs.

Once it was installed first thing i did was a speed test and it was no where near the agreed speed. its 15 meg the standard. Rang them up straight away no im not on a contract with them, ill keep it till the end of the month and then decide if ill keep it or not. its only €35 for the month.

• Advertisement

I was informed that all the normal 30Mbps and 60Mbps were being upgraded to 120 for free for the usual price.
    If I were you I wouldn't believe what they say. We were told over a year ago that they were working on better upload speeds and we are still waiting on that promise.
    i was on Casey all along. some sales rep for Vodafone was going around a few weeks ago so i decided to give it a try. since it was meant to be 70 Mbs.

Once it was installed first thing i did was a speed test and it was no where near the agreed speed. its 15 meg the standard. Rang them up straight away no im not on a contract with them, ill keep it till the end of the month and then decide if ill keep it or not. its only €35 for the month.
    Sometimes caseys is no better. A good few times over the past 9 months my internet speed dropped to 3mb/s for a few hours and then gradually went back to 50MB/s

Advertisement