Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best wireless broadband in Dungarvan?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

CAseys is gone to the dogs with the past three weeks on me. I get disconnected from the internet a few times a day and twice the modem / router restarted on its own.

Lm7GNTA.jpg
    bSYJsug.jpg
    40cpGpE.jpg
    MjUUvIj.jpg
    qQ3EWeL.jpg
    l3MXODg.jpg

This time I caught proof of the problem because the last time I had a similar problem the engineer was blaming my computer. Theres solid proof its not my computer is at fault

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I haven't had many problems at home since they swapped out the router but we also have Casey's at work at it has been dropping quite a bit with the router flashing like crazy for no reason at all sometimes.

But I did read in the News and Star today that Dungarvan , Waterford and Tramore were selected to become part of Eircom's Gigabit Internet speed deal (Sounds too good to be true?) - In saying that though my friend had Eircom when I was in college and they were quite possibly worse than Casey's so he opted to get UPC and never had any issues.

++Also I'm having difficulty telling from the picture but is your router mounted onto the wall?

Yes its been mounted that way with four years and its only with the past three weeks its been dropping off on me. My computer is connected directly to the router with a brand new ethernet cable. Its only been giving trouble since the day my neighbour got caseys installed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Lads sorry for reviving an old thread but my router got upgraded to the EPC 3925 last week and the one thing I forgot to ask for was the login details for the router.

The manual for the router says they're both blank but I'd say they must have changed it as it doesn't work. The staff couldn't help me and said they'd get an engineer to call me back. Still haven't gotten a call. I'd like to change it to keep it secure.

Could someone tell me /pm me the default username/password for the cablesurf epc3925?

Thanks.

The default login details is

Username : Admin or admin
    Password : W2402

• Advertisement

Thank you Steve!

I'm loving the high speed bb just want to get NAT set to open for Xbox Live and PS3. Looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Steve30x wrote: »
    The default login details is

Username : Admin or admin
    Password : W2402

Superb. I've been wanting to change the channel number for a while. Too many devices in range using the same number.

I have to go back in to them again. I'm paying for 50Mb/s internet and i'm not even getting 40Mb/s. They were blaming all kinds of things and not believeing me when my internet was broken (again) just before christmas. They installed a faulty router and when I told them they were blaming a bad ethernet cable so they replaced the router with an old ass used Thompson router which proved that the router they replaced was broken and my internet is gone to $h1T since.

Sorry for reviving once again.

Internet has become unstable both at work and home again. At home it's not reaching the promised speed as before but it isn't too bad but at work it's horrendous.

Download speed has been cut in half and the upload speed is on it's knees.

Anyone else with issues? - Sudden drops? | Speeds massively decreased?

I heard they were moving over to Shandon B-Park unless that has something to do with it being crazy I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

over the past few months my interent has be hitting lows and highs one time i was getting 70Mbps

and on other i was lucky to be hitting 10Mbps. i ould love to know what the hell they are doing out there on the youghal road

• Advertisement

A 3 meg upload is poor enough as it is but these days I am barely getting even half of that.

Guys Caseys need to update their hardware. What they have now is starting to struggle. With the past two years their internet is getting more Flakey and their sp[eed is never constant. Hell My router reboots every morning and I find the password to access the router changes. It doesn't even change to the default password so I am constantly changing the login details and WPA2 key. Caseys really need to get onto their problems and fix them. I have been hearing from various sources that they are having trouble and might be selling up. The guy who changed my router just over a month ago told me they would upping the speed to 260Mb/s and upload to over 10Mb/s but their current hardware cannot handle this sort of speed.

They are losing customers to Eircoms fiber connection. The days of Caseys being top dog are long gone.

The routers they use are absolutely hopeless. I never had issues with my old modem but since moving to the wireless one I find the connection drops out regularly using both wireless and ethernet. I am very fortunate if I am not restarting it once a day.

Contacting Caseys as has been stated here is pointless and the upload speeds are farcical. As soon as I have an alternative in this area I am gone.

As I learned while doing an ECDL course which I just finished is that our upload speed should be at least 10% of our download speed so it should be around 13Mb/s upload instead of 1.8Mb/s. Also other ISPs are cheaper for just as good internet speeds and even worse still is UPC's internet is twice as fast for the same price as caseys 120Mb/s internet.When I asked about the upload speed I was told we would have to be charged more for higher upload speeds which is a lie and is breaking EU laws. Not only that but Caseys won't allow UPC into Dungarvan. I have a youtube channel that I was uploading gaming videos to but I had to give up because it just took way too long to upload a video.

I don't think they can stop UPC anymore. I'm almost sure that law changed a couple of years ago.

Anyone know how to get Open Nat on the epc3925?

I've tried portforward.com and my ps3 seems to still be restricted. It's the only console I have on the router.

It also looks like they removed the option to be able to bridge the router and use it with a different model.

FGR wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get Open Nat on the epc3925?

I've tried portforward.com and my ps3 seems to still be restricted. It's the only console I have on the router.

It also looks like they removed the option to be able to bridge the router and use it with a different model.
    I can't help with the NAT. The EPC3925 touter is a rubbish router and Caseys remotely changes things every once in a while. I've noticed that if you change the default password for the router shortly after the router / modem will reboot and you have no access to the router anymore. I've changed the password to my router a few times and every time the router reboots shortly after and I can't access it with the factory password or the password I set so I have to do a complete reset.

Not only that but my internet cuts off at least once a day and restarts. I've wen't to them about this in january and they blamed the ethernet cable I use so I changed that , they changed all the cables , the poewersupply and modem but that wasn't the problem. They even changed the router that made my internet really slow (It was an old thompson router). I gave up going to them for help because they just don't have a clue how to fix it. Its probably a faulty server like the last time I had trouble with their service.

When I was doing an ECDL course earlier this year I learned that a rule of thumb with ISP's is to provide at least 10% upload speed of what the download speed is. We are getting 1% upload speed of what the download speed is and they try to tell us that they would have to charge us more for a better upload speed but thats a lie. The truth is their hardware can not handle a better upload speed. Their ardware hasn't been upgraded with over ten years. We used to be the fastest in europe now we are lagging behind big time. In parts of the country they will be rolling out in one gigabit internet speed which is a thousand times what we have. I would settle for better upload speed though because it would make my life a lot easier to maintain my youtube gaming channel. At the moment it takes over four hours to upload a video.

If anybody from caseys is watching this forum thread take note of this.

https://www.eir.ie/extreme/

It's arrived! Be the first to experience Ireland's fastest broadband speed

Our Extreme fibre broadband delivers speeds up to 1,000Mb, that’s almost 10 times faster than our fibre broadband, and over 40 times faster than standard broadband with absolutely no usage limits.

Do more with Extreme broadband

Download everything in milliseconds
    Wave bye-bye to buffering with Extreme video streaming
    Experience immersive online gaming
    Watch crystal clear HD video on multiple devices
    Enjoy a premium online experience that never slows down
    Get the whole household online at the same time

Of course its expensive towards caseys at €87 a month but a whole lot better than what caseys is offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hotshot88

where is eir extreme available in dungarvan

from what ive seen its only 100mb fibre available here

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lemon_Drop

I checked out that ISP Site.

Entered my address on the site to see if their service was available.

The answer I got I was paste it below, Only thing different is that I have not included my house and street address.

DUNGARVAN WATERFORD

You are an existing eir customer - Unfortunately eir Fibre Extreme is not currently available in your area

Unfortunately eir Fibre Extreme is not currently available in your area; we are constantly working on improving our network and expanding our 1000Mb reach.
    In the meantime you can avail of our Unlimited Superfast eir Fibre broadband service Not your address? Start again

So from their site I cant get that if I want to.

• Advertisement

They got to be better than Caseys though. Caseys is gone really bad in the past few years.

think i'll wait for virgin to come down

I like Caseys - I'm just disappointed in their upload speed. I'd like it to be a little bit faster so that I can rely more on my OneDrive for backing up documents.

their wired(LAN) speed is good overall its just the wireless routers could be better

we got their latest router of them(epc3928) and the wifi is speed/signal still isnt great, if one has access to a decent n/ac router, better off using that as a access point

hotshot88 wrote: »
    think i'll wait for virgin to come down

Has anyone heard about Virgin knocking about?

Their broadband bundle looks amazing.

XtraFalcon wrote: »

Their broadband bundle looks amazing.

I asked but they couldn't give an answer when

hotshot88 wrote: »
    their wired(LAN) speed is good overall its just the wireless routers could be better

we got their latest router of them(epc3928) and the wifi is speed/signal still isnt great, if one has access to a decent n/ac router, better off using that as a access point
    Their wired speed is good half the time. The other half of the time its dead slow and their upload speed is abysmal. As for their wireless , well it works perfectly for me. Its fast when the wired speed is fast and the EPC3925 I have here is a wireless N router / modem.

XtraFalcon wrote: »

Only the same rumours that have been knocking about for the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SouthernEaster

Hi guys

I just made an account after finding this post.
    I've been having a lot of issues with the internet today. It may have something to do with the weather.

Is anyone else having such problems?
    Thursday is usually my day to work from home and it has caused me quite a few issues due to the connection being lost.

Also as I read Lemon_Drop's post earlier. I checked my own address and I received the following message.

"Great news!
    Your home is eir Fibre enabled"

So does this mean is it available all over the town or in just certain places? As it is a slight bit more expensive per month than what I am currently paying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lemon_Drop

Hi SouthernEaster,

The address check i did was for the eir Go Extreme 1,000Mb Package.

Just tried it again now, having seeing your post, and my result is still the same. Still not available.

BTW I live in the middle of the Dungarvan.

I can understand why people are not happy with Casey's. It depends on what you want to do really,

I'm happy to be honest, my download speed is nearly always around 100 mb or over.
    '
    I'm not into uploading videos to Youtube or playing online games, so i don't really care that much about upload speeds.

But 2 mb upload is not great if I was uploading stuff.

I did a speed test to see what it is tonight as you were having problems. I will post the link underneath.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4827729012

Advertisement