Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your valued advice

Options
  • 08-06-2010 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Hi,

so I want a change to my tattoo(s). I want to make it to a upper arm half sleeve. Prefrebly this arm,

imagewb.jpg

As you will see from my other arm
    imagefr.jpg

my problem is when I was younger I never fully thought my second tattoo through (beads). When I am wearing short sleeve t shirt it looks like I have the same tattoo in both arms because what you only see is the cross and down.

I have read/scrolled through the 'Show you mine ... Show me yours' thread looking at alot of the hundreds of pages and other online stuff and also have gone into a few shops looking at their work. I have seen many tattoos I love the look of for a half sleeve but obviously they can't work into what's already on my arm.

I am looking at shading ideas but there are not many sleeve galleries out there.
    I love the way the shading leaves out the stars in this as opposed to inking them in imagejtj.jpg
    and I like the writing fitted into this one at the wrists imagelor.jpg

My favourite tattoo I have seen is John Mayers but my local tattoo artist says that windbars would look weird worked onto what I already have and the few bits I'd like to add in imagehwn.jpg

So I am wondering do you think I can get a sleeve built around the beads? I'm looking for of all to go from shoulder to two/three inches below end of the cross.

Feel free to add in ideas. I'm not into skull and bones and I don't want any bright colours.

Thanks for reading

Dar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Not a great suggestion but this could be food for thought. Imagine your crosses where Jesus' face is in this picture
    Jesus3.jpg

Have a sort of negative space, in this case a halo around the crosses, that could give you the look you are after with the stars.
    darsar wrote: »
    my local tattoo artist says that windbars would look weird

Meh, if you think it through thoroughly and decide its what you want and you dont think it looks weird, then go for it. That said, I can see where he's comin from :pac:

Advertisement