Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peppa Pig Live

Options
  • 08-06-2010 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

I'm taking my 3 year old to see Peppa Pig Live this weekend at the Olympia. Has anyone ever been to it or heard any reviews about it. The whole people with puppets on sticks thing is turning me off it quite a bit but my child absolutely loves Peppa so we said we'd go and have a look. I'm just wondering what to expect and whether the child will stay interested in it at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fitness fan

I am in the same boat as yourself, I looked online and saw the people with puppets as you call them and now I am slightly regretting buying the tickets. Hopefully it will prove a bit hit for the kidies who I am sure will not even notice the people, only Peppa and her array of annoying friends...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Let us know how you get on:)
    We were going to go but will now be away for the weekend.

Kids thoroughly enjoyed the show although I found it a bit boring. Most important thing is that my daughter loved it which is why I brought her.Well worth the money for that alone....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

brought our daughter and cousin and they both loved it.

had to do a lot of side stepping to avoid the reckless pushing of merchandise by the people working in the olympia - I was particularly unimpressed after the show when we went to leave and the exit was literally blocked by a girl selling balloons at €5 each!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

My daughter had an absolute ball. I found it quite boring myself but I didn't go for my entertainment only for my daughter. would definitely recommend it.

• Advertisement

donnacha wrote: »
    brought our daughter and cousin and they both loved it.

had to do a lot of side stepping to avoid the reckless pushing of merchandise by the people working in the olympia - I was particularly unimpressed after the show when we went to leave and the exit was literally blocked by a girl selling balloons at €5 each!

That was very unfair I thought , I had spent enough between buying tickets transport to get there ( I live in Wexford) some sweets in the shop(not inside The Olympia) and then to have 5 euro balloons stuffed in your face with all the kids saying can I have a balloon. Some poor parents were trying to explain that they did not have the money for them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

That is a bit unfair for sure. Some of these balloon vendors do annoy me. People have to make a living, but emotional blackmail of parents is just plain unproductive for any event.

I'm all for enterprising people but I am not for people that deliberately use emotional blackmail to sell overpriced products.

Personally, at such events I think the organisers should have a free balloon option for kids alongside or before the kids/ parents encounter the vendors of their 'enterprising' products. If a parent wants to buy an overpriced balloon then that should be their choice to do so. It shouldn't be shoved into their faces as a must buy or face an upset child.

If the child already has a free balloon then they won't feel upset or left out. How many kids want more than one balloon?

It really is not fair to not have a balloon (from the childs point of view) and equally not fair to not have spare cash to buy an overpriced one after spending all your budget on a great day out only to have it slightly spoiled by a crying child who does not understand why they could not have a balloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I'm all for enterprising people but I am not for people that deliberately use emotional blackmail to sell overpriced products.

Personally, at such events I think the organisers should have a free balloon option for kids alongside or before the kids/ parents encounter the vendors of their 'enterprising' products. If a parent wants to buy an overpriced balloon then that should be their choice to do so. It shouldn't be shoved into their faces as a must buy or face an upset child.
    Fully agree. The problem is that as long a parents keep buying the tickets, they will keep on pushing the merchandise. I'd encourage parents to make their views on this issue known very clearly to the promoters. If we don't let them know, nothing will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

My daughter and her cousin enjoyed the show, although sitting in the Circle the sound was utter rubbish and we strained to even her what was being said at times. I know there was a lot of chatter going due to the age of the audience however either the Olympia is acoustically horrendous or the sound engineers did a bad job... very poor either way.

The puppets were also very small, why on earth they decided to go with puppets rather than life size costumes I'll never know...

I agree with you Viking full size puppets would have been so much more believable than someone carrying a small puppet around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭Guffy

just a question with ticket pricing for these type of shows. Do I have to buy a ticket for me, my oh and 2 year old son?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Peppa Pig, what a cheeky little swine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

xzanti wrote: »
    Peppa Pig, what a cheeky little swine.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRiTCeIyU1P5IYtAxnmyQ3wH1PVwy39qBCtZquFPvChYlekGFz

• Registered Users Posts: 51,936 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I woke up this morning,
    the sea was still there
    and so was the sky,
    the sea, the sky, the sea, the sky, the sea the sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

My little one adores Peppa. I think I'm going to have to bring her to this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we went to it in UL a few years ago,she loved it:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

vitani wrote: »
    My little one adores Peppa. I think I'm going to have to bring her to this.

The thread is from 2010, you may have missed it.

Though I see something with Peppa Pig is coming to Dublin this Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Tabnabs wrote: »

For the amount of peace and quiet that pig gives me, I don't begrudge them a penny of it. :D
    The thread is from 2010, you may have missed it.

Though I see something with Peppa Pig is coming to Dublin this Summer.

There's one coming to the Olympia in May.

• Advertisement

I think that is what I just said :)

Funny misprint on the website though. They tell you in the small print that under 2s do not need a ticket to see Barney. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Honestly though the pushing merchandise thing is where a lot of their profit comes from .

I remember going to see Aladin on ice in millstreet, in the 90s and it was the same story with merchandise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭Guffy

I think that is what I just said :)

Funny misprint on the website though. They tell you in the small print that under 2s do not need a ticket to see Barney. :)

WHAT!!! I bought him a ticket for it :(

Advertisement