Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New .223 - feeding suggestions

Options
  • 08-06-2010 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

Well I just got the nod for my T3 Lite. It took under 2 weeks so fair play to those in charge.

Anyway I was hoping for suggestions on fodder for it. It's 1/12 twist.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

tac foley wrote: »
    Any particular calibre?

Give us a clue which calibre and what you hope to achieve with it and we'll help, I'm sure.

tac
    Supporter of The Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

1/12 55grains work well for me(remington though), so do 40 grains

I thought most Tikkas were a faster twist in .223?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

From the Tikka homepage -

.204 Ruger 12"
    .223 Rem 8"

...hence my confunglement...............

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

It's .223. I specifically ordered it in 1/12 after much deliberation. They don't manufacture them in this twist any more but mine's deffo 1/12.

I basically want to hit bugs and corvids out to 250-300 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

It's .223. I specifically ordered it in 1/12 after much deliberation. They don't manufacture them in this twist any more but mine's deffo 1/12.

If i were you ,ues 55gr premium ammo .The 55gr in .223 seen to best the best of both world of wind drift and drop,imo.

Sir, what's a bug? I guess I've been away too long.....[sigh]

tac
    Suppoter of The Cape Meares Lightouse Restoration Fund

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

Sir, what's a bug? I guess I've been away too long.....[sigh]

tac
    Suppoter of The Cape Meares Lightouse Restoration Fund

Bugs Bunny?:confused:

Thanks for input tomcat. Tac - Pajero has it, bugs is indeed bunny.:)

Thanks for input tomcat. Tac - Pajero has it, bugs is indeed bunny.:)

Dealraíonn sé go raibh mé as láthair as Éirinn níos faide ná mar is féidir liom a shamhlú.

Conas is féidir teanga a athrú go tapa!

Geallaim go ndéanfaidh mé iarracht agus a choimeád suas.

tadgh O foghladhe
    Thacaigh an Ciste Cape Meares Athchóiriú Teach Solais

Dealraíonn sé go raibh mé as láthair as Éirinn níos faide ná mar is féidir liom a shamhlú.

Conas is féidir teanga a athrú go tapa!

Geallaim go ndéanfaidh mé iarracht agus a choimeád suas.

tadgh O foghladhe
    Thacaigh an Ciste Cape Meares Athchóiriú Teach Solais

go h-an mhaith ar fád TF
    B'fheidir mise 55g Hornady ins mo Remington 1/12.
    Níl se ro deachar bhris Connain @ 300 nó 400

tikka 1/12, not sure but Remington 1/12 55grain Hornady Moly are savaaaaaage rounds for terminating bunnies and Madraí Rua

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Hasn't Google translate come on a lot :p

• Advertisement

Go raibh maith agaibh.

Tá sé brónach a admháil go bhfuil go leor daoine anseo nach féidir eolas cothrom le fiú mo náire droch-Gaeilge, níos mó orthu.

Mar sin, beidh orainn anois ar ais chuig an teanga Béarla chun cabhrú leo amach, créatúr bocht go bhfuil siad.

Most of us over here shoot heavier bullets in faster twists - typically 70-80gr in 1:8 barrels.

No, I'm not one of them, more's the pity, I'm already over my limit in the county I live in. We have some strange 'interpretations' of the Firearms Act here, too.

tac

Tá sé brónach a admháil go bhfuil go leor daoine anseo nach féidir eolas cothrom le fiú mo náire droch-Gaeilge, níos mó orthu.

Mar sin, beidh orainn anois ar ais chuig an teanga Béarla chun cabhrú leo amach, créatúr bocht go bhfuil siad.

Most of us over here shoot heavier bullets in faster twists - typically 70-80gr in 1:8 barrels.

No, I'm not one of them, more's the pity, I'm already over my limit in the county I live in. We have some strange 'interpretations' of the Firearms Act here, too.

tac

I try and seak cuplá focal as gaeilge gach lá
    But many have no interest here in the native language.

Romantic ireland's dead and gone, it's with O'leary in the grave ;0

I'm getting a 1/10 Trueflite barrel soon all things going well to digest up to 68~ grain rounds to increase my distance capabilities every so slightly yet being able to still use my fav 55grain Hornady moly.

My cousin uses 40grain in a styer manlicher to good effect too, not sure the twist though without googling ;)

Romantic ireland's dead and gone, it's with O'leary in the grave ;0....

FFS do we really have to put up with this crap :mad:

Post reported !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭pat58

Romantic ireland's dead and gone, it's with O'leary in the grave ;0

I'm getting a 1/10 Trueflite barrel soon all things going well to digest up to 68~ grain rounds to increase my distance capabilities every so slightly yet being able to still use my fav 55grain Hornady moly.

My cousin uses 40grain in a styer manlicher to good effect too, not sure the twist though without googling ;)
    Thats your very problem ,tack;).Stay away from google and start talk some sence:confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Lads keep going and you'll get a ban

Poster Tackleberrywho was not the first person to bring Irish into this thread yet you had no issue with that.

So why report him and not the originator of that line of conversation?

Lads I am sick of coming into threads to see people having a go at this particular poster.

Vegeta wrote: »
    ............Lads I am sick of coming into threads to see people having a go at this particular poster.

Shouldn't that tell you something ;)

Vegeta wrote: »
    Lads keep going and you'll get a ban

Poster Tackleberrywho was not the first person to bring Irish into this thread yet you had no issue with that.

So why report him and not the originator of that line of conversation?

Lads I am sick of coming into threads to see people having a go at this particular poster.

I took offence to the "Republican" quote used, O'Leary is best left out of things in here :rolleyes:

I took offence to the "Republican" quote used, O'Leary is best left out of things in here :rolleyes:

It was a line from September 1913, one of Ireland's most famous Poems & poets William Butler Yeats. If quoting an Irish & world renound poet is wrong I apologize.

If you are not familiar with the message it is about how things have become undone when started with the best of intentions.

It is a metaphor for life, and sometimes my threads and posts, as they were started in good faith but ended badly.

I apologize to all posters and readers on boards for having to read all these Way off topic posts.

I had made an assumption that most were familiar with the quote, as the poem was on the LC syllabus 12 years ago when I was in school.

I did not think it was Non PC as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Dont think it was Yates that upset people,more the Gaelic lingo.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

I can't understand why Irish would.
    It's our native language?

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

Leaving Cert Irish is nothing to be proud of IMO. A lot of us have it ;)

We can all use Google translate too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Not what you said in the reported post

Now this thread is closed I'll allow a fresh start. The next thread I see that descends into this type of school yard willy measuring will lead to infractions and bans.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement