Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nani out of the World Cup.

• 08-06-2010 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭

Really see this as a major blow to Portugal , they needed everyone fit as not the strongest squad they have ever had.

Caused injury doing acrobatic shot :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lame

*runs off to change Fantasy team*

Players really are dropping like flies. You think a few days before the WC training and friendlies would be walked through.

Robben's injury for example was pure stupidity on his part, what was he doing trying to do that in a meaningless friendly? Same goes for Nani here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Frisbee it's a shoulder injury that's ruled Nani out .. Seems he done it whilst trying acrobatic in training ???

What the hell was he thinking .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Broken collarbone. Terrible news.:(:(:(:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

mixednuts wrote: »
    Frisbee it's a shoulder injury that's ruled Nani out .. Seems he done it whilst trying acrobatic in training ???

What the hell was he thinking .

Can imagine how Fergie would have reacted if he did it while training for Man U. Can imagine how he's going to react anyway....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Fecking hell, why you would even think of doing any sort of acrobatics in the final days leading up to the world cup is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Ah that's a sickener. Would like to have seen Nani have a good World Cup, great player to watch when he's on form (and not scoring against Arsenal).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

So Nani isn't okay?.......Isn't okay....isn't okay, Nani?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Porbably went for a regular kick and slipped on a pool of hair gel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Apparently the pitch was so bad, they had to paint/spray it green to make it look proper for television cameras. Wonder if it had anything to do with his injury.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Apparently the pitch was so bad, they had to paint/spray it green to make it look proper for television cameras. .

:pac:

That's like something you'd see on Fr Ted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd be shocked if it actually was to do with the flip he does.

Big loss for Portugal, considering his form. Good for United though, rested summer. Can't say I'm too unhappy about it, although how long does it rule you out for?

Porbably went for a regular kick and slipped on a pool of hair gel.

Ronaldo's ?

PHB wrote: »
    I'd be shocked if it actually was to do with the flip he does.

Big loss for Portugal, considering his form. Good for United though, rested summer. Can't say I'm too unhappy about it, although how long does it rule you out for?

About 3 months at the absolute maximum, but he should be back to full fitness after about 2 months, give or take a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭blackalicious

tis a shame you always want to see the best players at the world cup and while i don't particulary like him, when on form he is very entertaining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

tis a shame you always want to see the best players at the world cup and while i don't particulary like him, when on form he is very entertaining

That's his main problem - he's so inconsistent that he may not be that great a loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Ah thats a pity... I thought Carlton Banks was having a great season and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Do we have to have a new thread for every injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

mike65 wrote: »
    Do we have to have a new thread for every injury?

I must have missed the Joel Altidore thread :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Shame,i quite like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

What the hell is going on with premiership players and the world cup!!

Ballack, Ferdinand, Mikel, Essien, Bosingwa, Nani all out Drogba breaks his arm fair enough looks like he might play, Torres mightnt be fit for some games...I dont remember a recent world cup with so many well known names missing at once :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

FIFA plot to steer either South Africa or North Korea to a shock win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

It must be the PL's unmaintainable debt levels which is causing the injuries!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'm begging someone to interview Fergie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Ah thats a pity... I thought Carlton Banks was having a great season and all.

A young Michael Jackson, yes.
    Carlton Banks, not a bit of resemblance other than their skin colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

carlton-banks.jpgNani_633571593714218750.jpg

Hmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    carlton-banks.jpgNani_633571593714218750.jpg

Hmm...

Nani's cheeks are higher, ears are pointier, more defined jaw, lips are smaller and their hair is different..

That's only the face, they have completely different shaped bodies as well, Carlton is short and stocky, whereas Nani is tall and lean.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

baz2009 wrote: »
    Nani's cheeks are higher, ears are pointier, more defined jaw, lips are smaller and their hair is different..

That's only the face, they have completely different shaped bodies as well, Carlton is short and stocky, whereas Nani is tall and lean.:confused:

He's a zombie MJ, 'nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Should'nt be that big a miss for Portugal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

baz2009 wrote: »

No one said they are twins / body doubles , pinch of salt

• Advertisement

Mister men wrote: »
    Should'nt be that big a miss for Portugal.

Of course he will be. Dont be stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I was really looking forward to see how he would get on with Portugal.... his form has been excellent since he has been given a good run in the team. (A bit like Forlan, the one time he started 8 games in a row, he scored 6 goals for us, I believe).

Really dissappointed he is out. :( Having a good world cup could have done him no end of good for next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's a zombie MJ, 'nuff said.

Yeah this is way closer

nani.bmp

Advertisement