Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie forum/websites

Options
  • 08-06-2010 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Am new to boards as well as to vegetarianism (if that is a word) so forgive me if this is a thread in the wrong place and if the answer is so obvious I should be able to locate myself... but, I have recently taken a keener interest in what I am eating and am trying to eat a veggie/wholefood diet since early March.

I'm loving the new foods and have gone to a one night veggie cookery course (brill, would recommend it if anyone wants to pm me). And now I have the veggie bug. I want to eat more and learn how to cook/prepare more. The local veggie coffee shop has a notice board but I can't get to this regularly so often miss veggie related events in the local area listed here (cookery courses, info evenings, grow your own and the like).

My question to you is: Is there a Irish/Dublin/Wicklow veggie website that would have such things listed on them (other than boards of course)?

Or, is there another forum/thread in boards that would list this kind of thing?

I know the ecocentre in Wicklow runs a veggie cookery course in Jan and there are evening courses starting in Sept in the local education centre but that's a long time to wait to learn a few more recipies. I have oodles of books but prefer the course based approach. Grateful for any useful links which may help keep me informed of upcoming events in this area that is related to a veggie diet.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thread is fine here, very polite of you. What's a veggie coffee shop? There are govindas cooking courses if you are interested in them. I believe the woman is called Katayani and her number is 0861526502 if you want to ask about them.

There was also a class held at xmas at Cafe Fresh some year I remember...dunno any more.

Also try here http://vegetarian.meetup.com/485/ :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I found this website useful in relation to recipes and health food shops.

http://www.irishvegetarian.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Thanks a mill, I also came across http://www.vegetarian.ie/cookcor.htm which seems to list a few cookery schools if anyone else is interested.

I know there's also cooks academy and dublin cookery school but they seem a bit pricy. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

that last website had Marino college listed as one of the cookery course places, anyone know if they actually do vegetarian cooking course?? there wasnt much info there, just address and 10week course.
    im so suspicious, cant believe a place down the road from me would do one! lol!

would be awesome if they did!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

I'm actually in the middle of developing a website for vegetarians to post info on veggie products, news & events, reviews on restaurants etc etc. I *hope* the first version will be done in the next couple of months. Will post here whenever I have it done!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Cool, will have a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Nature Boy wrote: »
    I'm actually in the middle of developing a website for vegetarians to post info on veggie products, news & events, reviews on restaurants etc etc. I *hope* the first version will be done in the next couple of months. Will post here whenever I have it done!

Brill, keep us posted! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

maameeo wrote: »
    that last website had Marino college listed as one of the cookery course places, anyone know if they actually do vegetarian cooking course?? there wasnt much info there, just address and 10week course.
    im so suspicious, cant believe a place down the road from me would do one! lol!

would be awesome if they did!

I enrolled for that course 2 or 3 years ago but it was cancelled because I was the only one :(

Advertisement